[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
;_; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_d WalQdIN0 https://ww
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
;_;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_dWalQdIN0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L0XoxVTjoM
>>
Game was the shit, played it for hours on dreamcast when i was like 9
>>
>>331170145
casuals are not welcome here
>>
>>331170145
>played it for hours on dreamcast when i was like 9
just hours?

nigga i still play this
>>
>>331170445
downloaded blue burst and played on private servers a while back too, cus i never got past the caves when i was 9 haha
>>
Played this shit online all day every day for a month then my brother canceled his internet and I was too young to pay for it myself. Hundreds of hours offline though. I tried to download and play blue burst but it wasn't the same.
>>
>>331170708
Blue Burst has EP4, I think that's pretty rad

shame EP 3: Card Revolution doesn't get any attention, that was a very good game
>>
>>331170708
;_;
>>
>>331169940
I was up til 3AM every night back when I was a young chillun. One of the first games I ever played. I didn't think that 4yr olds were supposed to have lvl 80 characters. Of course, I didn't know shit about building my character, I just liked to run around and kill things. Good times, man.
>>
Glad the 3ds Dreamcast theme has the PSO music on it.
>>
My favorite game of all time.

Despite what people say, 2 ain't bad.

But PSO1 is still king.
>>
File: pso_nnn.jpg (2 MB, 4923x3406) Image search: [Google]
pso_nnn.jpg
2 MB, 4923x3406
>>331171159
Blue Burst fucks with the balance a bit too much, I think GameCube is the best version. plus you can still play that one offline and split screen.

The card game is fun but really rough around the edges. In fact I wanted to get my friends to try it recently but it turns out you can't even play local multiplayer without each player having their own cards. What a bummer
>>
I didnt like PSO that much at first. I always found episode 1 really boring. It wasnt until episode 2 and 4 that i started enjoying it more but it quickly felt limited, probably because it was just a dreamcast game being updated and updated.

PSU is instead what hooked me into the series. God damn do I miss PSU
>>
>>331175327
To each his own, but I personally think that the reason PSO was so enduring, especially the episode 1 content, is that it was so elegantly simple. I think the reason PSU and PSO2 have such a more mixed response is because they are both so much more complicated.
>>
>>331175092
US Version is never happening, is it?
>>
>>331175521
Episode 1 just wasnt interesting enough for me outside of the bosses. i really like the art and character designs, but the dungeons seemed to slog on forever, especially caves and ruins. episode 2 and 4 are more visually attractive and have scarier settings and enemies which makes them more fun to replay. Thats another thing, the game is just a bit to simple. I enjoyed all the new systems and photon arts in PSU. It was still simple old PSO gameplay but with an even bigger focus on gear, faster and more stylish gameplay, better and bigger lobbies, crafting and shops, and making your own space with character and room decoration. I also loved the storyline of PSU, especially the online episode 2 and 3.

PSO2 is by far the worst of them though, for me itd be psu > pso > pso2
>>
>>331175845
Unfortunately my experience with PSU is tainted by the stupid amount of hacking and exploits on the PC version... that's why I'm happy to play PSO2 on Japanese servers, at least Sega keeps those clean while western servers always go to shit.
>>
>>331175521

In some ways I see your point, but PSU had a whole fuckload more problems to deal with.

Other than half-decent combat, the only thing it did right was lore(and even then the story was shit tier all the way.)
>>
>>331176426
Thats to bad matey, i was on the xbox 360 servers. I heard the pc/ps2 servers kept getting fucked by the same losers who were messing with dreamcast pso. Thanks to those fags, the servers have been split up ever since and sonic team treated english servers like shit. Japan doesnt fuck around when their own playerbase isnt comfortable. PSO2 feels like its trying to be like the original PSO but instead it feels like another psu but with more anime influences and waifu garbage. There are mobile game tier systems and the whole switch to f2p made me lose interest because i knew id be locked out of shit. I prefered paying $10 a month for an equal experience.

Beyond that i feel like theres no reason to go back to pso2. Theres no PAs to level like psu, you just find them at lvl 16 and thats that. The crafting system is bloated and confusing and not simple to use like the psu ones. The events arent as creative and revolve around running around an arena till you get 1000 points. 11 other players running means theres bound to be some tryhard gooks who one shot everything before you even enter the scene and hit anything. The pp system sucks ass. Everything is locked behind eqs, which revolve around collecting stones to trade in for better weapons.

Theyre all grinding games but pso2 is the least fun one by far to me
>>
File: 3254235634654.png (475 KB, 1456x976) Image search: [Google]
3254235634654.png
475 KB, 1456x976
Anyone else play it on online through Dolphin? I wanna nostalgia with some anons.
>>
File: 1449106826646.jpg (24 KB, 510x427) Image search: [Google]
1449106826646.jpg
24 KB, 510x427
Spent way too many hours on Gamecube one, met some of my best friends ever on it. Wish i wasn't such a piece of shit and had kept in touch.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.