[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Final Fight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
What does /v/ think of Final Fight
>>
>>331164085

Final Fight 3 was the best.

Capcom could take a risk and pour some funding into making a next-gen Final Fight game. Combining elements of Street Fighter, Rival Schools and making a revolutionary beat 'em up experience with branching paths and online gang wars.
>>
Needs a true-to-form reboot.

Beat 'em ups can be modernized, but nobody has done it right yet.
>>
File: cody mah boi.png (527 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
cody mah boi.png
527 KB, 1000x1000
hell yeah
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKFLUQUJjYc

the memories of playing this on zsnes are all flooding in again
>>
>>331164085

What if they made a Final Fight game that played a little bit like No More Heroes 2 did?

That game had pretty satisfying and deep multi-directional combat IMO

Throw some co-op in the mix, some traditional Final Fight elements, branching paths, and you've got yourself a game.
>>
>>331164723
>Beat 'em ups can be modernized, but nobody has done it right yet.
But they did!
>>
File: 1458194732936.png (423 KB, 478x442) Image search: [Google]
1458194732936.png
423 KB, 478x442
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caaAkS2fi2s
>>
>>331164426
Final Fight 3 was the best gameplay wise, it would have been the best period if it had Cody in it.
>>
File: 1970s street gangs.jpg (53 KB, 689x464) Image search: [Google]
1970s street gangs.jpg
53 KB, 689x464
>>331165535

looks too edgy, lacks the 1970's appeal of a good clean brawl.

Final Fight was largely inspired by the street gang culture that led to movies like The Warriors.
>>
File: street gang NY.jpg (244 KB, 1000x703) Image search: [Google]
street gang NY.jpg
244 KB, 1000x703
>>331164085

>tfw Streets of Rage and Final Fight used to be real life occurrences

>we will never see fights of this scale happen ever again
>>
>>331164426
Forget Street-wise exists
Keep it side-scrolling
Finally buff Haggar so he isn't a joke character that's not almost complete shit
>>
>>331166276
I thought it was Streets of Fire.
>>
FF in my mind has the ultimate late 80's early 90's grungy urban crime shithole aesthetic and tone
>>
>>331166520
do you know how dangerous that is?
>>
>>331165671
>Only plays at the start of stage 1
>>
GBA version is the best.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyyQUcrLXoY

Best videos on the series

On the topic of making a new FF/beat'em up. I feel like its a tough sell nowadays to just make a beat'em up. I guess going tongue & cheek like the Double Dragon series went would be a way, but FF has a stronger setting than Double Dragon so i dunno.
>>
>>331167372
>I feel like its a tough sell nowadays
Not with final fight with how meme cody and haggar have gotten
>>
>>331167582
I agree that Haggar as a mayor of the earth can be considered a "meme" but i would not call Cody a meme.
I mean, if you're talking people insisting Cody is the strongest character ever if serious, thats like one niche from the street fighter playerbase.
>>
>>331167582
The difference is Cody is actually a good character while haggar is literal shit in every game/spin-off he appears in.
The original FF he would have been worthless if it wasn't for a fucking glitch
>>
>>331167351
>tfw playing as Alpha Cody and Guy
>>
On the risk of sounding like a faggot, I want to see Platinum making a Final Fight game with local co op.

Or more realistically, Itsuno doing a Final Fight game

>>331168028
Wasn't Cody the one with the gamebreaking glitch in FF?
>>
>>331166520

was this man elected mayor after this?
>>
>>331168028
haggars cool m8e
>>
>>331168028

I thought Haggar was high tier in Marvel 3?
>>
>>331168036
>That hilarious dialogue between Alpha Cody and Abigail
Love that shit, makes me hope Cody finds his way into Street Fighter V.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.