[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the worst Final Fantasy game ever? I've played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (494 KB, 1804x1605) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
494 KB, 1804x1605
Is this the worst Final Fantasy game ever?

I've played and beaten pretty much all of them but this one is just awful.

I forced myself to keep playing in hopes of it picking up at some point but nope.

Anyone out there actually having a good time with this? If so, how?
>>
>>331158407
Final Fantasy has been shit for like 10 years now
>>
>>331158727
No, it's just different with every new game, the game would have been stale if it was the same shit for like 20 games. Explorers is literally the first unplayable Final Fantasy.
>>
Worse? Fuck no. I mean it's not that good but it's no where the worse.

Best to be played with friends for a better experience like CC.
>>
>>331159016
>Worse? Fuck no. I mean it's not that good but it's no where the worse.
Is english not your first language?
>>
>>331159104
You asked if its the worse and I said no. After 30+ years and you think Explorers if the worse? That's almost laughable.
>>
>>331159506
The word is "worst" not worse.
You also wrote "no where" when you meant "nowhere"
>You asked
That was a new IP retard.
>>
>>331158407
Fuck is it really bad? It looked fun from the trailer so I rented it from gamefly.
>>
File: 913DKscK03L._SL1500_.jpg (257 KB, 1340x1500) Image search: [Google]
913DKscK03L._SL1500_.jpg
257 KB, 1340x1500
>>331158407
>Is this the worst Final Fantasy game ever?

Nope, that would be this pile of shit
>>
>>331159958
No that would be FFX
>>
>>331159958
No way, that one's good. The setting is fun, the variety of characters is good and the combat is at least decent.

Explorers has no good qualities to it at all. I'm looking to hear what you guys think is good about explorers.
>>
>>331158407
I mean, I hate it, for sure. The whole Monster Hunter style of game is completely unappealing to me in general, and from everything I have read and what little MonHun I have played, it is much much worse than them.
>>
It looked interesting like a multiplayer FFXII. Is it true it's easy as fuck though? That's one of the worst decisions they could have made with this kind of game.

Imagine if Monster Hunter was braindead easy, literally no one would play it. Difficulty, especially artificial like MH, keeps people playing and grinding so they can "beat" the "challenge" in the game. Without that it's nothing.
>>
>>331159675
Oh no I fucked up on grammar. Poor me.

You still asked a stupid question. With over 100 games with the FF brand you think this tops them all?
>>331159815
The problem is everyone just called it a MH clone when there's very little MH in the gameplay. It plays more like Phantasy Star Online which is a much slower combat. It's alright if you can play with others but pretty boring on your own.
>>
>>331160336
>Explorers has no good qualities to it at all

The best thing about it is the ability to have Think-outside-the-box builds because of each job being able to wield multiple weapon types and being able to equip learned abilities from different schools of magic.

Like a Machinist that uses a Spear or Red Mage who tanks with Deflect or machine-gun casts with a Staff.

A must in terms of play-ability is mutating links to your abilities to form a rotation, this increases the fluidity and responsiveness of combat. If you don't have Links, you incur a shitty like 1.5 second animation lock between every skill activation.

Overall, its about a 7/10, and the multiplayer is awful which is a big letdown considering the type of game it is.

Type-0 on the other hand is a 3/10 at best.
>>
>>331160698
I don't even think difficulty is a word you can use in this game, I've been playing for hours upon hours and the quests are all "go kill X number of this mob that does not fight back at all, or if it does, it's attack will only remove 0.5% of your health bar"

WTF
>>
>>331161027
Ok i can imagine at some point the ability equipping could be mildly amusing but how the hell do you keep yourself playing that ling to even get to that point?

I've been playing a ling time and it's too painful for words to describe
>>
>>331161528
It gets very difficult at higher stars when you start fighting the aberration eidolons.

But the first like....100 hours are piss easy.
>>
>>331158407
It's not even a FF game, it's just a bad Monster Hunter with a brand slapped on it.
>>
>>331158407
Its XIV for the people that suck at XIV and weak story.
>>
>>331161857
You're a strong man to have toughed it out that long...
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.