[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gerudos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Gerudo-Pirate-Art.png (1 MB, 1337x2000) Image search: [Google]
Gerudo-Pirate-Art.png
1 MB, 1337x2000
Hey /v/. I've got a question for you. So, in the official Legend of Zelda Hyrule Historia timeline, Four Swords Adventures is AFTER Twilight Princess. In this game we see a full population of Gerudos just like in Oot. But in Twilight Princess (Which is in between Oot and FSA) we have only Ganondorf. It seems if the entire Gerudo Desert has been entirely abandoned by the Gerudo, or they have been wiped out. Why do they exist in Oot and FSA but not the game in between them? Anyone with some ideas or theories floating around?

>tl:dr Where are the Gerudos in LoZ TP?
>>
>>331157656
they're at the other side of the desert, dumbo
>>
>Seriously considering the timeline
Just ignore the timeline and appreciate the games your playing
>>
>>331158286
>your
God damn auto correct
>>
>>331158286
OP here.
Don't get me wrong man, I love TP and all other zeldas for that matter, and I'm also aware that these games were never actually meant to have a tying-in storyline connection, but now that we have the original source saying there is one, I'd love to fill in all the details.
>>
ganondorf reduced them to a handful and kept them locked in his rape dungeon/spirit temple
>>
>>331157656
Timeline's nonsense. Four Swords Adventures is written to take place directly after Four Swords. They just shuffled it around to deal with wanting Four Swords to be an early timeline game while not having Four Swords Adventures be the first appearance of Ganon within the timeline.
>>
File: 1434083485231.png (495 KB, 693x1025) Image search: [Google]
1434083485231.png
495 KB, 693x1025
>>331158549
Don't bother. If you played Minish Cap, it established a lore of the hero's cap being a tribute to Elzo in the game.

>Mfw Skyward Sword comes out and shits on it
>>
>>331158974
Was it written to have the same hero?
>>
>>331158549
>I'd love to fill in all the details.

I understand anon but if you start to really get into it details just don't add up. Save your autism
>>
>>331159354
Yeah. In the backstory that recounts the events of Four Swords, they call him "Link", the same as the one you play as. When referring to separate Links, they'd say stuff like "the legendary hero." And the Link you play as has immediate knowledge of the Four Sword.
>>
>>331158172
>they're at the other side of the desert

What other side? What are you even talking about?
>>
>>331158369
>>331158286
mobile cancer
>>
>>331157656
>It seems if the entire Gerudo Desert has been entirely abandoned
You just don't see any Gerudo in TP in the one desert area you go to. There's an entire desert to the west they could be living in. That timeline had a terrible Hyrulian-Gerudo war after OoT, remember?
>>
>>331159105
What was Nintendo gonna do, just not let Link where his signature look in the origin story because of some Capcom handheld title?

Anything to do with Vaati or the Picori should be in a Termina-like parallel reality.
>>
>>331157656
They don't appear in Twilight Princess.
That doesn't mean they ceased to exist.

It's as simple as that.
>>
>>331161840
>What was Nintendo gonna do, just not let Link where his signature look in the origin story because of some Capcom handheld title?

No I fully understand they could not just not have Link have his signature cap. If anything, I think they should've just left fans speculate their timelines. I don't feel an official timeline should've been released

>Anything to do with Vaati or the Picori should be in a Termina-like parallel reality.

I agree with this too.
>>
>>331157656
>pointed ears
>>
>>331161453
not him but
>being triggered by electronics
>>
File: TP Zelda.jpg (27 KB, 619x378) Image search: [Google]
TP Zelda.jpg
27 KB, 619x378
>>331161690
I thought it was implied Hyrule exterminated the Gerudo and turned their sacred temple into a giant horrible prison?

And that's why Link and Zelda stop having golden hair. Their successors are no longer worthy to be "divine." Golden hair in Japanese mythology is usually a sign of divinity.
>>
>>331163381
>I thought it was implied Hyrule exterminated the Gerudo and turned their sacred temple into a giant horrible prison?
Yes, except for there's as much evidence for them being exterminated as simply run out in TP.

>And that's why Link and Zelda stop having golden hair.
What? It just goes with the darker colors of the artstyle.

>Their successors are no longer worthy to be "divine." Golden hair in Japanese mythology is usually a sign of divinity.
What would any of that have to do with Link and where are you getting this golden hair is divine stuff from? Dragon Ball Z isn't Japanese mythology anon.
>>
>>331159876
Well that's dumb. That really throws the timeline out the window.
>>
>>331163858
TP does have quite a bit more characters who aren't native Hylian though. That and religion with the goddesses and Hylia isn't really a big deal to a lot of people in the game, in comparison to others.
>>
>>331163880
>>331159876
Actually, with a bit of research, the two games actually do not share the same Link. Timeline aside, they do recount the stories of the Minish Cap story, and the Link before him (the hero of men) and the current Link as three separate people. And about the immediate knowledge, in Minish cap the people are celebrating a yearly ceremony which one would guess would pass down the story to the Link in FSA.
>>
I don't know why they did the the whole fallen hero thing when that split can happen with any game ever. They should have just thrown a plot point in one the games that splits it with a better a excuse or simply treated it as a thing of its own.
>>
>>331157656
Gerudos do NOT have pointy ears. fuck this gay thread.
>>
Post more brown girls with pointed ears and sexy clothes.
>>
>>331164243
No, there are two backstory events described in Four Swords Adventures. One is of Vaati kidnapping kidnapping beautiful maidens ('cause they're beautiful) and being defeated by a vaguely defined hero with the Four Sword. That's the backstory to Four Swords. The other is the events of Four Swords itself, which is Vaati being defeated again by the explicitly identified "Link", who's the same one in Four Swords Adventures. The events of Four Swords are implied to be fairly recent within Four Swords Adventures.
>>
The timeline would be far better if Four Swords, Minish Cap, Oracles games, Four Swords Adventure and Tri Force Heroes were left as their own thing.
>>
>>331164063
Well is the divinity of the blood diminished because of time, expansion, non-believers or is it diminished because of a genocide the Hylians committed? You gotta pick your ancient aliens theory and stick to it anon.
>>
>>331165050
Oracle games and even Tri Force Heroes are easier to fit in that all the minish/four swords bullshit with Vaati, the Four Sword, Picori, and the Lightforce.
>>
>>331165050
>Tri Force Heroes

Totally forgot about this one. Where is it supposed to be in the timeline?
>>
>>331157656
You only go into the part of the desert that has the prison and where they held the twilight mirror you don't get to deeper into the desert this time around.
>>
>>331165454
After ALBW. It fits alright in the sense that there is no issues with it. Was a surprisingly fun side adventure.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.