[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm fairly new to this series. I've beaten Demon's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
So I'm fairly new to this series. I've beaten Demon's Souls a couple of times with a melee-focused knight and then an archery build, but I stopped Dark Souls after fighting Seath, Gravelord, and Bed of Chaos and not knowing what to do after.

I never played Dark Souls II or Bloodborne. What am I missing out on? I know these games get a lot of hype around them, so I don't want to be out of the loop when the fifth game in the line comes out.
>>
In the meantime, I'll post some of my favorite music tracks from what I did play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTT4di20FtU
>>
>>331153401
Bloodborne is worth playing but not worth a ps4 if you don't have one yet.

Dark Souls 2 is mostly a blunder. They made some things right in the dlc but dark souls 3 is looking like the real sequel that demon's souls and dark souls deserve
>>
>>331153401
Bloodborne is incredible and has the best world building, combat and boss fights in the series. Dark Souls 2 is a really big game with more build variety and viability and less linearity than ever before. It makes some mistakes but is essentially "more Dark Souls". It's also hated by a lot of people so expect to see a lot of "Dark Souls 2 is trash" posts.
>>
>>331153401
With Dark Souls 3 so close to release you're better off just skipping 2. You're not missing anything of value.

Bloodborne is worth playing though.
>>
>I know these games get a lot of hype around them

Why are you acting like a retard who has never played a souls game before. You beat demons "a couple of times" melee.
>>
>>331153798
>game featuring shitloads of references and callbacks to BOTH previous games
>implying he should skip it
There's even leaks that confirm a boss or two from DaS2 is coming back for 3.
>>
Are you lying? There is no way you made it that far in dark souls and "didn't know what to do".
>>
>>331153856
I meant specifically Dark Souls II and Bloodborne, angryfriend.
>>
Play 2 last and you'll see quickly why it gets a lot of hate
>>
>>331153924
>story mattering in DS
get the lore meme out
>>
>>331153973
It's the same shit, with a different coat of paint.

You post on 4chan, we have 10 souls threads at all time, you already know this, stop making more damn souls threads. Please.
>>
>>331153713
>dark souls 2
>less linearity
Nice meme my friend
>>
>>331153962
How do you mean? I beat every boss I ran into, even if some took a few tries, but nothing happened after beating the areas behind the yellow fog. Everything up to that point has a cutscene or character along the story path showing the next area to go.
>>
>>331154389
You'd have to have the burgers to not realize to go back to the huge bonfire down the hole in firelink.
>>
>>331154278
Don't talk about things you don't understand.
>>
>>331154389
If you didn't talk to Frampt then I have nothing else to say

>>331154559
Ah yes like how every route in DaS2 leads to a dead end unlike DaS where the whole thing wraps around itself. You know you can go to blight town before fighting the gargoyles even without getting the master key or the basement key? You can fight 4 kings before gargoyles as well, isn't that cool?
>>
>>331154467
He can get to that point without meeting either Kingseeker. Bringing the Lordvessel down there before you actually need to isn't required to do the bosses.
>>331154389
After that, you should have remember New Londo Ruins below Firelink Shrine. That leads to the 4th required soul and a Kingseeker.
>>
>>331154467
I did that as well. Nothing happened after putting them in. Unless it's something related to the factions, since I didn't bother with anything but the one the cleric in Firelink offers you and Gwenevere's.
>>
>>331154750
Placing the lordvessel is what dissipates the barriers leading to the bosses, are you dumb? The only thing I could say is he didn't talk to either serpent and therefore didn't know about 4 kings, but even then it's ridiculous that he wouldn't explore under firelink. If he was able to find out that you can run on that buttress then he can find out there is a whole area under firelink.
>>
>>331154750
I didn't think there was a boss in New Londo? The end of the area has an empty room with a staircase in it but no boss in it. Unless that was just a bug?
>>
>>331155010
Explore new londo completely
>>
new to the series i want to run the game with a sword like a claymore and a bow, but i have no idea what class to use thief, knight? something else?
>>
>>331155182
OP here. I suggest Knight. You get a shield that blocks 100% physical and have high strength and dex both. If it's Demon's Souls another good choice is the hunter since their axe already dictates the class has a high starting strength.
>>
I just started Bloodborne, first time playing one of these games, enjoying more than I expected.
Had no problem with the cleric beast and the rest of the enemies, but I'm stuck on Father Gascoigne now, the first two stages are easy, but he fucks me over on the werewolf form, he's just too fast and gives me no chance to attack, I hate this asshole.
>>
>>331155425
i'm starting with dark souls 3, so knight sounds good to me.
>>
>>331155182
Knight. Equip load dictates movement speed. Now leave the thread and enjoy one of the only good games of the past decade. the dude that made it made all the other good games of the last decade including the greatest game of all time
>>
>>331154749
interconnectivity isn't the same as non-linearity. At any given point in DaS2 you have more choices and options about where to go and what to do than at any point in DaS1
>>
>>331155723

Make him remember who he is.
>>
>>331155974
>start of DaS2
>heides
>forest
>gutter
>start of DaS
>parish
>catacombs
>new londo

That's funny, you said "at any given time time" but what did you actually mean? Aside from this don't pretend that the areas in DaS2 are even remotely interesting.
>>
>>331156703
I told you earlier not to talk about what you don't understand. You're only further proving that I was right to give you that advice. You don't even know about some of the early skips and options in DaS2.
>>
>>331156703
you are dumb
>>
>>331156929
>early skips and options in dark souls 2
You have to go to heides, forest or gutter before going anywhere else or don't you? Enlighten me if I'm so wrong then
>>
File: RELEASE THE BEAST.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
RELEASE THE BEAST.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
>Fight Looking Glass Knight
>oh this dude looks pretty coold
>does his jumping attack
>roll twice (I'm dumb) in one direction
>changes his fucking trajectory and still lands on me

EVERYTHING

FUCKING TURNS LIKE A BEYBLADE

EVERYTHING
>>
>>331156929
>>331157020
Well?
>>331157085
>>
>>331155723
He's the casual filter.
Git. Gud.
>>
>>331157085
So you haven't played SotFS eh?
>>
File: black jesus laughing.jpg (45 KB, 512x422) Image search: [Google]
black jesus laughing.jpg
45 KB, 512x422
>>331153401
>Demon's Souls
>archery build
>>
>>331155723
Just ring a ding.
>>
>>331157556
Are you going to actually tell me why I'm dumb or not? If there are options I didn't mention then point them out to me, I can't do anything about facts.
>>
>>331157475
>>331157085
You've always been able to fight Nakja as your first boss even before SotFS. You just do early gutter and take the fragrant branch to the shaded woods. There's also Shrine of Winter Soul Memory skip where you can just grind co-op or whatever until 1m SM and go right to Castle Drangleic.

In addition to this objective superiority in early game non-linearity, the game only continues to branch and change in new ways. I can't even really think of a level in DaS1 designed as well as Lost Bastille is. You can approach that level from two different directions, skip most of the bosses and there's tons of neat secrets and hidden stuff, even a whole hidden area in the Belfry. The only time when DaS2 starts to narrow down is when you're up to Undead Crypt and Dragon Shrine, but it opens up again as you have to go finish the lost crowns quests and visit the memories of the giants and the dragon and whatnot.
>>
>>331157235
I fucking hate that. I just rushed the last boss at the end. Never seen a game with this shit of a hitbox before either.
>>
>tfw stuck at darkbeast paarl
>gave up on bloodborne
>>
>>331158042
doesn't falling through the pit just kill you

plus you still have to go through the Grave of Saints right?
>>
>>331158216
Summon help stupid.
>>
>>331158216
>stuck
>on an optional boss
Here's a tip: He will chase Pungent Blood Cocktails and ignore you if you throw them. Bring 10 and just cheese the fight if you really have to. Toss them at walls and bully him while he ignores you.
>>
>>331158279
You don't have to kill Royal Rat Vanguard, you can take a dropping route and go right into the gutter. I've done it. Look up a guide if you can't figure it out on your own.
>>
>>331158279
You have to grind up souls and health, it's shitty but technically anon is right even though it involves repeatedly fighting shitty enemies. However, asylum demon has to be your first boss in DaS and there isn't anyway around it.

As far as his lost Bastille shit the obvious answer is blight town. You can enter it from the back or front depending on your class and there are two whole hidden areas in it that shit all over the bell areas in terms of size and atmosphere. Aside from that there is also the obvious darkroot, which has a multitude of different options for exploring it. You can even get to Sif without buying the crest.
>>
>>331155010
Jump down the hole maaaaaaaaan
>>
>>331158625
>He likes Blighttown
I guess you're right from an objective standpoint, but Blighttown is kinda shit for many other reasons.
>Darkroot
Again, I guess you're right in spirit here, but Darkroot always just felt like a stupid waste of space in general. Yeah, sure, it's a level with different openings and potential routes, but it's not nearly and well designed or intricate as the Bastille. Blighttown comes close, Darkroot doesn't.
>>
>>331158301
>>331158353
I have never summoned for a boss and I dont like to cheese either. It takes away the satisfaction of defeating the boss.
Also, I thought he wasnt optional and I dont know where else to go
>>
File: 1310431060440.jpg (26 KB, 219x265) Image search: [Google]
1310431060440.jpg
26 KB, 219x265
>>331158042
>you have to go finish the lost crowns quests and visit the memories of the giants and the dragon
If we're talking about main story options, you need to visit exactly one memory out of everything listed there

>>331158882
>I don't like these levels, so they don't count
Please stop.
>>
>>331159101
Explore. Have you fought Amelia yet?

>>331159103
>If we're talking about main story options, you need to visit exactly one memory out of everything listed there
We're talking about options. Mandatory status isn't relevant

>I don't like these levels, so they don't count
Christ, you're illiterate and stubborn.
>>
>>331159259
I dont know If i have. I took an 8 month break from the game. I have two lodestones, or whatever they're called, activated and I've explored all the areas in the one that has the great yarnan as part of its list. The other lodestone is the one that lets me attack the darkbeast paarl thing.
Hopefully I wont get stuck in dark souls 3.
>>
>>331159579
Is is dark out yet? Killing her triggers nightfall. IF she's not dead yet, explore until you find her and kill her. Here's a minor spoiler/tip after you kill her and get a cutscene, you've learned "the password" and that's what you need to move onto the next major area.
>>
>>331159786
no it's stil afternoon time. I guess ill youtube her to see where i need to go next...thanks.
>>
>>331158882
>Bastille better than darkroot
I honestly can't understand this. Darkroot has a shit ton of different pathways, you can enter through burg, parish or the valley and there are a lot of ways to tackle it. It has interesting enemies albeit it has those crazy fucking cats that are gay as hell, but the other enemies are good including some sweet NPC enemies. Also there are some good items as well and the hydra is a cool mini boss even if his appearance is cooler than the actual fight.

Bastille has two ways to get to it which is cool and a good idea, but both entrances are very linear. Whereas darkroot branches off into other things and other areas there is nowhere else to go from Bastille, it's just one big dead end. If you enter from the forest and get to the end sure it takes you to the wharf, but the wharf is pretty pointless and it just takes you back to Majula. It's cool that there are two paths, but there isn't any reason to take both in reality. The layout of Bastille is pretty good, but it has its problems. Mainly that the one blacksmith is hard to get to because that one fucker never kicks the barrel like he's supposed to.

Also if we can suspend that asylum demon is mandatory first boss then technically first boss n DaS ranges from Taurus to Quelaag without having to get the master key.
>>
>>331160150
Nor the basement key, you can fight Quelaag first without any of that
>>
>>331159259
Well?

>>331160150

I wasn't >>331159103 btw
>>
>>331156050
>relying on the music box

Pathetic, desu
>>
>>331160150
Don't you need to fight Capra + Gaping Dragon to get to Quelaag without the Master Key?
>>
>>331153713
Better Bossfights my ass. Only Logarius is trully great, and he is pretty much a Dark Souls boss
>>
Dark Souls 3 looks really fucking bad.

Tons of rehashed enemies, NPCs and probably even bosses.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.