[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Didn't GTA V handle multiple endings well? They literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: TrevorPhilips-GTAV-next.jpg (63 KB, 617x602) Image search: [Google]
TrevorPhilips-GTAV-next.jpg
63 KB, 617x602
Didn't GTA V handle multiple endings well? They literally made this fucking piece of shit so unlikable that killing him isn't too bad. So killing Michael is the only bad ending.
>>
Cuckolding
>>
> Didn't GTA V handle multiple endings well?

uh no

two options that lock you out of post-ending content

one that doesn't

it's a no-brainer
>>
>>331144350
I felt the opposite desu
>>
File: Michael falling.jpg (414 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Michael falling.jpg
414 KB, 1920x1080
I always thought I was the good guy
>>
>>331144350
I like trevor
>>
>spend the entire game killing bikers and soldiers like some invincincible killing machine with le wacky psycho guy
>runs away like a bitch from a nigger
>>
>>331144350
No. from a "roleplaying" perspective, killing trevor is (from my pov) the most reasonable choise.

But as >>331144557
pointed out, you get locked out of content, which was pretty much the only things I had left I had left.

>>331145226
This felt so fucking stupid.
>>
>>331145163

you ARE the good goy
>>
>>331145226

I mean he stood no chance, he's a weak white guy vs alpha nigger that would fuck his wife.
>>
>>331144350
No. That shit was most definitely thrown in at the last minute. GTA IV's was way better.

You had no idea what the outcome of either of your choices were other that you would do the deal or get revenge. The finale was the same for both endings. Both your typical over the top GTA finale. Baddie was swapped depending on your choice. You don't get fucked over content-wise.

GTA V?
>two endings are short chase scenes where you watch the guy get killed in a cutscene, and literally everything else in the game is left unresolved
>one is the typical over the top GTA finale, and it puts emphasis on the SWITCH mechanic, and actually ties up the loose ends in the story
>>
>>331144350

>killing him wasn't so bad

It literal betrayal that came out of nowhere and he lets it be known. None of the endings make any sense beyond death wish, which only purpose was to say fuck it and quickly tie up loose ends you didn't even think about since the beginning of each characters arch.
>>
File: 1452130663076.gif (1 MB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
1452130663076.gif
1 MB, 340x255
>>331144350
>ugly balding guy

How long till mods let me play as a cute gril

>b-but inconstancy!

I don't care. I don't play GTA for the story.
>>
Trevor is just made to be an edge lord. His first scene is him fucking Johnny's girl then killing Johnny.
>>
It's more like two lose conditions and a proper canon ending. It's only a "choice" for idiots or muh story dorks.
>>
>>331146484
Is Trevor edgier than Coldsteel?
>>
>>331146197
>that came out of nowhere and he lets it be known
I mention this too whenever I go on my long rant about why Endings A and B are absolute bullshit. Especially Ending B and how sloppy it is.

>short chase
>michael switches outfits halfway through the mission
>franklin beating the piss out of michael, verbally berating him

the last one is the worst. the way franklin is yelling at michael and justifying his choice to kill him is insanity. if someone told me that was the ending to a scrapped storyline where franklin actually had a reason to be like this towards Michael I would believe them. the actions and dialogue did not fit at all with the story that precedes that ending.

on top of that, lets not forget that Franklin literally tells Haines he won't kill Trevor, and literally tells Devin to get the fuck out of his house and proceeds to kick him out after he is asked to kill Michael. there's no indication whatsoever that Franklin would ever kill either of them. Ending C flows so much better with Franklin running to Lester's house, and still being torn on what to do, asking him for advice
>>
>>331146650
No because Coldsteel, as far as I know, was never tongue in cheek.
>>
>>331146379

>tfw I fap to mindbreak and rape and stuff way worse than that
>I felt bad for her

I think I had a crush on her or something
>>
I killed Trevor and never looked back
>>
File: Scarjo Widow.jpg (142 KB, 634x891) Image search: [Google]
Scarjo Widow.jpg
142 KB, 634x891
I don't know why GTA no longer tries.

Saints Row and Just Cause are now more fun than GTAV.

Yakuza has better stories than GTAV.

Are Rockstar even trying anymore? Or are they just selling Shark Cards these days?
>>
>>331146715
Again, they're not endings, they're lose conditions. Punishment for being too dumb to pick up on themes of betrayal.

They probably only called them endings as a last minute thing.
>>
>>331146957
Franklin killing Michael could have been a good ending since Michael betrayed his previous crew, but the reasoning just wasn't enough.
>>
>>331146957
i forget what the actual file is called, but there's a file in the game that lists all the story missions, their descriptions, who they were developed by etc. even missions cut from the game.

one guy developed "the sensible choice" and "the time's come."
someone else developed "the third way."

lets not forget that the dialogue and cutscene animations were used multiple times in trailers for GTA V, along with the scene of devin in his trunk having artwork.

another funny little note is that back in the PS360 game, even if you picked A or B, your game still would show the news reports and shit as if you had picked Ending C - most notably the one where Steve Haines is killed on the ferris wheel.
>>
>>331144350
At least he got some sort of reaction out of me.

Why wasn't there a kill Franklin option?
>>
>>331147367
Franklin is the student who surpasses/kills the master, a classic theme.
>>
>>331147367
>Why wasn't there a kill Franklin option?
before some retard comes charging in here saying he was supposed to die in "Deathwish," keep in mind that is entirely false.

shit started back when people were digging through the files and saw Lamar had a couple extra animations. some retard on reddit speculated that maybe we would get to play as him and that Franklin was supposed to die.

from there retards took it as a fact saying: "YEAH, DID YOU KNOW HEH. HEH. DID YOU KNOWWW THAT FRANKLIN WAS SUPPOSED TO DIE?!? YA-YEAH. LAMAR HAS LEFTOVER FILES FROM THIS. WOW"

Lamar's VA even did a little Reddit AMA and was asked about this, and denied there ever being any plans to be a playable character.
>>
>>331147675
>we would get to play as him and that Franklin was supposed to die.

You know I didn't care much for Lamar, but I think that might've been cool.
>>
>>331146379
>>331146795
Happen to remember the sauce?
>>
>>331146379
Source?
>>
Doesn't he rape and kill someone's family members?
>>
File: 1455559120057.png (116 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1455559120057.png
116 KB, 480x480
>introduce character with him murdering one've the last games likeable protagonists
>expect me not to gun that fucker down asap
>get pissy at me and lock off post-game content

this game can suck my big balls
>>
>>331148451
He WAS supposed to be more present in the story from what his VA said. But he got in trouble in real life with shit, and they had to change some things in the story since he wasn't around for a while. He got back when they were finishing up with shit so that's why he comes back out of nowhere towards the end of the game.
>>
>>331144350
Trevor was the only likable character so it wasn't that easy
>>
>>331146191
>you don't get fucked over content wise
One your "girlfriend" who won't even fuck you and nobody cares about dies, and one your bro cousin dies.
>tfw no more bowling invitations from Roman
>>
File: when you get the spare.png (23 KB, 556x606) Image search: [Google]
when you get the spare.png
23 KB, 556x606
>>331149756
>tfw you'll never let roman win to make him feel ok for once
>>
>>331146379
>>331146795
Source?
>>
>>331149756
>One your "girlfriend" who won't even fuck you and nobody cares about dies, and one your bro cousin dies.
compared to:
>losing side-missions
>losing side-activities
>can't hang out with anybody anymore
>losing safehouses

rockstar's answer to "canon choices" is the ones that would provide you with the most content
>>
>>331146379
Sauce pls
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.