[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ I've started playing this recently and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Hey /v/ I've started playing this recently and I'm loving it but I need some help.

I've been playing in Mystery Lake and my biggest problem is staying hydrated, any tips?

Also, general The Long Dark discussion thread
>>
>>331142786
>indie
>survival
Yeah, play a better game.
>>
>>331142786
>The Long Dark_____.

The long, dark what?
>>
File: Nbe11dN.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
Nbe11dN.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>331142964
>>
>>331143245
Notice how it's not called The Long White
>>
>>331142786
indie games in development are best discussed elsewhere, best bet around here for decent discussions is anything nintendo, From or MGSV
>>
>>331142896
I don't think this game really fits in that mold. It came out a while back, for one, for two, it's got a distinct and attractive visual style. For three, it's actually fun, it's not about hacking trees and building fucking lego houses, its more exploring and supply management. It's pretty and cosy, anon, and there's a lot of content even though it's pretty far from finished. You should try it.
>>
>>331144020
Yeah I'm seeing that, thanks not-a-faggot-anon
>>
you know u can melt snow right
>>
>>331142896
It's actually good and tense you plebian
>>
you need to melt snow but don't melt too much or you will fucking starve to death while doing it
>>
>>331144606
I don't know how to collect snow, I assume I need a shovel but I can't find any
>>
>>331142786
melt snow...
>>
>>331144776
go to fire

click make snow
>>
>>331144707
>>331144839

This >>331144776
>>
>>331144776
no just light a fire somewhere and it will give you the option to collect and melt snow, best to do it in a stove in a house somewhere or you might freeze to death, it's not very intuitive
>>
>>331144974
i mean melt
>>
>>331144994
dumb fgt
>>
The longest I've lasted is 4 days. Ended up freezing to death in a surprise blizzard. As far as I know, you need a portable water container to melt snow. I got lucky and started the game with one. Once it's empty you can fill itup using the toilet and such.
>>
File: meltsnow.png (926 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
meltsnow.png
926 KB, 1920x1080
>>331144776
you dont have to collect snow.
>>
>>331144974
>>331145020
Well shit, thanks
>>
>>331145382
You actually have infinite water bottles to hold water you melt from snow in fires. It's a stupid system and one that isn't explained, so I don't blame you for not knowing.
>>
>>331145519

Its okay OP. Took me a while too.
>>
desu I sometimes get bored when waiting for my pelts to dry, but when I get wolf coat and deer pants I think to myself "I'm pretty much done the game" because after that what else do I even need to get? I have everything- food, rifle, proper clothing.

still a solid game
>>
>>331146116
Story mode is coming soon anon
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.