[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this game for someone who has never played a MOBA before?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: Smite-topper[1].jpg (203 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Smite-topper[1].jpg
203 KB, 1280x720
How is this game for someone who has never played a MOBA before?
>>
Don't.
>>
>>331140151
But it looks fun and I'm not currently into any multiplayer games. Why not?
>>
Don't play MobAs. But if you have to, this one is at least different.

The console versions also have like zero communication which is great if you are just looking to avoid that DotA/LoL toxicity.
>>
>>331140670
How is the community on the PC version? How likely am I to get screamed at by some edgy 12 year old 10 seconds into the game for going into the wrong lane or whatever?
>>
Don't bother, wait for Paragon. Smite has an abhorrent community easily on par with LoL.
>>
>>331141167
Just play with some friends. But overall, I'd say it's a more relaxed environment than LoL or DOTA2; especially the nonstandard game modes. Most of the time if you spam voice emotes just to be silly, people will spam them along with you.
>>
I've played this game since post alpha. AMA

To answer your initial question, this game is shit. But I'm about to play it now.
>>
>>331141731
Why would you play a game you think is shit on purpose?
>>
>>331141937
Because I fucking hate myself and I'm good at it
>>
>>331140043
it's pretty nice, take this from someone who has played lol for a long time, the community is a lot better than other games, and I had more fun in this game than I had in lol

the game is pretty simple and easy, but it has it's tricks, this is more of an action game than it is an RTS, which is better if you just want to have a fun time

play arena for casual shit or to learn a god, then try the other modes if you feel like it
>>
I genuinely love it. It clicked with me in a way league and shit never did. It's amazing what a camera angle can do.
>>
Can I not click the play button in the launcher without watching some of these videos?

I just want to jump into the in game tutorial and learn to play against bots or something.
>>
It's not a very good game, Op. Just play Dota 2.
>>
>>331141412
oh god their VGS systems.

I played a lot of tribes and I miss emote conversations. Almost as good as actual voice chat, maybe even better. I know its just a tool for avoiding trashtalking, but most games have like 10 commands in a system like this. The extra depth to it is so nice.
>>
>>331142754
Smite looks more enjoyable to than Dota 2 does.

I'm probably not gonna play Dota 2 unless I really end up liking Smite and want to see what the other MOBA's are like.
>>
>>331143090
I tried Smite hoping it would feel more like an action game and be more immersive with the 3d person camera. I was very disappointed. Controlling the character feels liek you're playing an mmo.
>>
>>331141167
I play a little every few months since the the closed beta years ago. It's fun and way relaxed, though I have had the occasional try-hard yell at me for not being current on patch notes after a hiatus. My friends are cunts that put LoL on a pedestal so I play that with them usually if I'm in the mood for a moba (I still think it's fun). If you think it would be fun, give it a try op, it's free anyway.
>>
>>331140043
Its okay as an introduction to the concept of mobas.
I wouldn't recommend sticking with it though, the gameplay is kinda clunky and unsatisfying. Also art-direction/voice acting/animation/visuals are mostly garbage
>>
>>331147096

>switch to another MOBA because this one is unsatisfying
>Hitting max range repeated auto attacks as a hunter on a target running sideways is less satisfying than playing LoL ADC where you click the enemy and the character runs up to them and fires and you absolutely cannot miss no matter what

Wew lad
>>
>>331147357
Thats a very unbiased case you're making there and it totally convinced me

auto-hitting feels like shit in Smite unless you're playing as a fed-as-fuck assassin or something.
>>
>>331140043
It's probably the easiest point of entry for someone who's never played another assfaggots and isn't used to click movement from Diablo or anything.

It's pretty shit though, it's essentially LoL with a new camera and control setup which means all of LoL's glaring flaws carry over. You won't notice any of this since it's your first one, but it likely won't hold your interest forever.
>>
80% of your teammates will be blubbering retards

I'd advise to stay away from mobas at all, even though I play it with friends.

Play it with friends or just don't play moba at all
>>
>>331147357
It really is. I'd rather have the game be designed around targeted hits so it's more capable of being a game of positioning/range play and strategic disable use, aiming projectiles in 2D against big clunky hitboxes really isn't very satisfying and it weakens the game's strategy element.
>>
>>331147576

Except it is unbiased. Something like DOTA is objectively superior when it comes to overall mechanics with builds and terrain advantage and pretty much everything else, but to argue that a guaranteed autohit where you click a button and it does it all is more satisfying than actually having to use knowledge and skill to aim a shit and hit it, that's just insane to me. That's like trying to argue that hitscan with lockon guns is better than actual ballistics with free aim in an FPS.
>>
File: inquisitive anime gril.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
inquisitive anime gril.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
How is easy is it to unlock more characters without having to pay?
>>
its pretty sweet! this is the first moba i ever tried. at first i had no idea what the fak i was doing but i got used to it after like a week. its all about fucken teamwork!
>>
File: smite.png (1 MB, 1628x594) Image search: [Google]
smite.png
1 MB, 1628x594
>>331149785
2 currency types. one is the traditional in game grindy kind, the other is kind you pay real money for (but actually can earin in game albeit at an even slower rate; like weekly)
>>
>>331140043
Play Arena mode and you'll be fine.
>>
>>331149134
>having to use knowledge and skill to aim a hit
If you really think Smite's giant projectile and target hitboxes in pure 2D actually requires knowledge and skill, I don't even have words for you.

It feels like you're playing a really clunky, poorly designed shooter. I don't understand where your logic is coming from, that doesn't feel good. A game with no aimed shots feels better than a game with really clunky and unsatisfying aimed shots.
>>
>>331150784
Thanks anon. No reason to play this cuckolding simulator.
>>
>>331150892
But anon, that's just your opinion. I find the controls easy to understand and hitting skills and autos to be very satisfying.
>>
>>331151075
Sorry about your autism, anon.
>>
>>331150892
This, it's a shame really because SMITE is fairly fun to play (if only for the voice commands) but movement and the attack animations are often wonky.

I wonder if Paragon will fare any better in that department.
>>
>>331150915
it's actually one of the better f2p models. if you support the game you can make a purchase to quickly unlock units/skins. but (aside from exclusives) all that content can be unlocked through normal play. and for hero/god purchase specifically: its far less grindy than LoL
>>
Been playing it for years. It's fun as fuck with friends, anon.
>>
>>331147096
It'd be more fun if it fucking worked. Tried to play a game, crashed after lobby before loading in, kept crashing, I got banned for 30 mins.

Fucking bullshit Hi-Rez.
>>
>>331150784
I mean like, will I have to grind daily quests for a week to be able to buy a single character or is it a fairly smooth curve and I'll just earn enough currency to unlock them naturally as I play without really having to go out of my way to do it?
>>
>>331147357
>Actually played games before
Wow turns out aiming and moving in Smite feels like shit compared to good games from the third person or first person shooter genres!
>>
>>331153663
Movement feels identical to any MMO out there. If you like pvp in WoW, you're more likely to like SMITE.
>>
If you have to have a mobashit, play awesomenauts. Only fun one
>>
>>331149134
>to argue that a guaranteed autohit where you click a button and it does it all is more satisfying than actually having to use knowledge and skill to aim a shit and hit it
That's because Smite completely fails the execution.

Movement is bad and limited, so hitting does not feel rewarding or challenging. Attacking does not feel good either: melee is just a shitfest, ranged doesn't feel good, and forcing you to slow to a crawl when you attack is the cherry on top.

In addition, having to aim the skill is not inherently superior to just targeting it (and it would be wrong to claim that targeted skills are auto-hits in Dota); they each have a different purpose. In Dota, the enjoyment does not come from hitting the skills, but rather of using them correctly, and from the strategy and tactics behind the mechanical execution, and making everything a skillshot would not make it more enjoyable (again, because movement is far too limited).
>>
Fuck guys,

Why did you guys fucking leave Hereros of Newerth?

We're still fucking here, ya know ;(
>>
>>331154317
>Movement feels identical to any MMO out there
I was talking about good games though.

If you have to compare your core gameplay to MMOs in order to make it look good, you're off to a great start.
>>
>>331154453
If you're too shit to hit in hand attacks with hunters, buy hastened fatalis like the other shitters. That's literally what it's there for.
>>
>>331154541
I like MMOs. I don't play them because I'm no longer a teenager with nothing to do, but that doesn't mean I don't like them. If you don't, that's a neat opinion, bruh.
>>
Smite is fun, different, and has recognizable characters. Also a lot more map and game types than LoL

It's F2P so there's no reason not to try it at least
>>
>>331153158
You can unlock characters at a very consistent basis. My only issues is you cant fuck around with a char you're unsure with in some sort of trial or vs AI scenario. You just hope you like them based on whatever research you've done.
>>
>>331140043
Honestly, Heroes Of The Storm would probably be a better choice for a new player.
>>
>>331155059
You can rent gods for a match cheap using the in game currency.
>>
>>331155170
My frugality wont allow such disgusting behavior.
>>
ROMA INVICTUHHH
>>
>>331155059
You can play any god in practice modes.
>>
>>331155845
Really? I tried to experiment with the various practice modes and was almost certain all but my available gods were greyed out. I'll have to try again.
>>
>>331155983
I'm not 100% certain on coop modes, but definitely in practice.
>>
>>331155983
They're also all available for MotD, I think.
>>
>>331140043

it used to be good, but it's shit now.
>>
>>331155983
The mode is called Jungle Practice, you can practice against various camps, an AI, Fire Giant, etc.
>>
>>331140043

Me and my friends play it from time to time, I tried LoL and Dota and could never get into them, my friends aren't moba fans either, but we really enjoy Smite. I think we like it because it's not isometric view and the combat doesn't feel completely like a moba. I think it's pretty fun, but it's better to play with friends so you don't have to deal with shitter teammates as much.
>>
File: 1438859038725.jpg (37 KB, 306x322) Image search: [Google]
1438859038725.jpg
37 KB, 306x322
>>331147096
that egyptian bitch does things to my dick

anyone have any more artwork of the girls from this game?
>>
>>331156051
>>331156186
Damn I even vaguely remember seeing it in the little tool tips on loading screens. After trying and failing I assumed I dreamt it up like a big fat faggot.
>>
File: dota vs smite.png (17 KB, 1073x668) Image search: [Google]
dota vs smite.png
17 KB, 1073x668
>>
>>331151484

The god pack is also a pretty good deal I think, you get all gods and future gods for $30 or $20 like me if you got it on sale. It also refunds all your favor if you spent them on gods (not sure about gems). Everything else that can be bought is skins, avatars, and voice packs, and you can get a kind of decent amount of gems from dailies/weeklies.
>>
>>331140043
Don't play MOBAs

If you have to play a MOBA, Smite is, ignoring literally everything else that one considers when it comes to what makes comes to a game being 'good,' the least infuriating MOBA on the market. Very few angry Russians, near non-existent HUEHUE presence, and mid-or-feed (then immediately feeding as mid) fags are not the norm. Of all the MOBAs, it is the most comfy to play.
>>
>>331140670
This. I have been playing the PS4 Alpha for weeks and am extremely addicted. The experience is 1000x better than the PC one I had. No longer seeing chat spam with autism is great. If people happen to have a mic, they aren't talking random shit, etc. And because of this, you realize how fun the game actually is.

Only play it on console OP, PC has too much crying and annoyances to deal with.
>>
>>331156439
>Dota 2
>P2W custom games
>>
>>331157201

Is there even voice chat for PC smite?
>>
>>331157201
>Retreat! Retreat! Retreat! Retreat! Retreat! Retreat!
>die
>Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!
>>
Smite is literally just an even more casual LoL with an adjusted camera angle, the only assfaggot worth learning is Dota 2.
>>
>>331140043
hey OP, post your username if you want to play
>>
File: 1454191516054.jpg (171 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1454191516054.jpg
171 KB, 894x894
>>331156381
Girls? When chaac, tyr, Osiris, Ra, vulcan, chronos and sun wukong exist? Nah brah
If you like futa, it seems Kali, freya and i think bellona are the ones you should look for. rest is just sorta there. futa a shit though, but im here to help
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.