[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this game and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: dishonored.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
dishonored.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
Just finished this game and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised. It felt like hitman and bioshock combined with a setting of steampunk on top of it all.

I did buy the GOTY and now have a bunch of DLC left to do, though i'm skeptical. Could any anon here tell me if the DLC are worth doing because if they're not i'll just let them be and wait for Dishonored 2.
>>
>>331138758
They're better than the main game arguably.
>>
>>331138758
I heard the Daud one is really good.
But I never play DLC.
Dishonored was good anyway, I hope the sequel will deliver. and VR maybe ?
>>
>>331138758
the DLC are even better than the main game.

Anyway, if you liked Dishonored, you need to play the original Thief-games, 1-3. It was heavily inspired by those. Avoid the terrible "Thi4f" that was released couple years ago on all major platforms.
>>
>>331139019
I reckon there'll be other games that will have higher VR compatibility priority over a game like Dishonored 2, but in any case i guess i'll be checking out at least one of the DLCs.

Thanks for your input, anons.
>>
>>331138758
Seconding:
>>331139342
>>331138868

Plot wise the DLC is a bit stilted, but that characters are pretty good and the gameplay is definitely better.
>>
>>331139342
>>331139342
I watched my older brother play through those many years back and regrettably remember a few important plot points.
Aren't they technically classified as horror games, though?
>>
Daud DLC is fantastic.
The little mission ones are pretty fun and underrated too.
>>
>>331139645
Yes and no. The Dark Project/Gold has spooky levels approximately every other one, Thief 2 is all thieving.
>>
>Playing the fun way makes you get the bad ending
>>
>>331138758
DLC is arguably funner than main game because Daud is kinda interesting and has new mechanics, making the gameplay funner.

I recommend trying the opposite of whatever playthrough you did for the original, so if you went passive/no kill in the original then try killing spree in the DLC.

One thing I didn't like about the DLC is how many assets are re-used, including full maps. Definitely didn't think it was worth the full $15 for each part, but the GOTY is worth especially if discounted. It's a small gripe I had with the DLC, that said the re-using of the maps in their context was still fine and interesting.
>>
File: Thief gameplay in nutshell.jpg (640 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Thief gameplay in nutshell.jpg
640 KB, 1920x1200
>>331139645
>Aren't they technically classified as horror games, though?
Nope. They're pure stealth-games. Some purist would say that only properly done ones so far.

Yeah, there's a few places with horror-ish atmosphere and designs, but no, they are not horror games per se.
>>
I'm playing it and enjoying it, but god the artstyle is just atrocious
>>
>>331139825
The spooky factor shouldn't deter me much, so i'll probably check at least Thief 1 out. There's just something about stealth and the suspense that comes with it that's like a drug to me.
>>331139860
Honestly, killing everyone just felt so messy so for me it was more enjoyable to just stealth almost the entire game.
>>
>>331139860
Stop it with this meme.
>>
>>331139860
>going swords and guns blazing
>in a Stealth game
>fun
yeah, nope.
Dishonored was a fun experience, but only because I decided to play on Hard right away, disable most of the HUD annoyances, and purposely went for non-lethal ghost playing style.
>>
>>331140808
Playing as dickass assassin Corvo is really fun though.
It's nice because the game is fun no matter which way you go about it.
>>
>>331138758
The DLC is much more challenging than the base game, and pretty baller at that. Most definitely worth a playthrough. And make sure you play the base game another time or two, anon, it really shines when you play it multiple times and notice all the intricacies of the level design you missed the first time around. Ghost it at least once.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.