[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Still the best hitman game. New one doesn't count until
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg?t=1457087979.jpg (23 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1457087979.jpg
23 KB, 460x215
Still the best hitman game. New one doesn't count until it's released in full.
>>
>>331138721
no that's blood money
>>
>>331138721

I recently replayed all the hitman games and 2 is easily the most cinimatic/has an actual story.

It was my fave for a long time, but mechanically it really has aged poorly, so now i'm not so sure.
>>
>>331138875
>meme money
Earn money and can't spend it on anything of worth.
>>
File: hitman2.jpg (131 KB, 1445x908) Image search: [Google]
hitman2.jpg
131 KB, 1445x908
>>331138881
>It was my fave for a long time, but mechanically it really has aged poorly, so now i'm not so sure.
Exactly my though. Great game, its just now difficult to enjoy playing it because its full of little annoying stuff.
>>
HITMAN is shaping up to be the best Hitman game.
>>
>>331139227
Is 47 the one saying it? Sounds pretty damn out of character.
>>
>>331139456
How does it work? Do you pay for the full game and only get one level or do you pay per level?
>>
>>331138721
>best hitman game
Eh, I replayed it recently and while it has a really nice story that manages not to be intrusive, it also has the world's slowest sneaking, some of the worst missions in the series, only few missions having the "insanely replayable" potential [Anathema, St. Petersburg missions, Murder at the Bazaar, Basement Killing] with the others being all about static targets, padding, bugginess and some questionable experiments in level design. It's still worth playing, but for the 20 missions it has, only a few keep me replaying.

YA ME! YA ME!
>>
>>331139482
That's because he had a character in 2
>>
>>331139482
It was Hitman's story of redemption. He left the business and started living in a monastery.

I've never played any Hitmans except 2, but holy shit i really liked the idea of that story.
>>
>>331139625
>the little, heartfelt, barely pickupable pauses whenever 47 says stuff like
"So... no news on Vittorio's whereabouts. He might as well be dead, then."
>>
>>331139686
>I've never played any Hitmans except 2
Same here m8. Can anyone ITT tell me the order from worst to best ignoring 1 and 2 so I can play them without spoiling myself?
>>
>decide to go for a little jog
>HE'S PACKING
god dammit
>>
>>331139227
>>331139482
he's in a confessionary

>tfw never seen a confessionary in a video game except hitman2
feels bad
>>
>>331140036
If you could stomach 2 then just play them in chronological order and see Absolution as a different game that might not appeal to you.
>>
>>331140196
The only thing I didn't like about 2 was having to get everything footstep perfect or you miss out on Silent Assassin rank
>>
>>331140352
Then you will enjoy Contracts because it has mostly solid levels and a lot more leniency with its mechanics.

You can even shoot infinite bullets and still get Silent Assassin.
>>
>>331140610
Yeah, fuck it. Going to give them a bash. Not buying the new one until all the levels are out though. Cheers m8
>>
>>331139571
49,99€ full game
12,99€ prologue and paris
39,99€ updates your prologue and paris to full game
>>
I really enjoyed the more military styled infiltration missions of Hitman 2, seems they really toned down on those for any game after that or at least I don't recall any with the same feel from Blood Money

The parts in the middle east and of course the japanese castle in the snow. The fuckin ninjas that would see through any disguise because GAIJUN DON'T NINJA STEP THE RIGHT WAYAROOO
>>
>>331142461
>I really enjoyed the more military styled infiltration missions of Hitman 2, seems they really toned down on those for any game after that or at least I don't recall any with the same feel from Blood Money

You might be part of that exclusive club which enjoys Codename 47's Colombia missions or Contracts' Bjarkhov Bomb.
>>
>>331142602
Bjarkhov Bomb was alright

47 was too much of a clunky mess for any of it to really matter

What Silent Assassin had was variety

I agree with the OP that it should be celebrated as peak of the series over blood money in my worthless opinion

Perhaps if it could be remade to not play like an early 2000's game anyway
>>
It should be the best but the broken suspicion meter ruins it for me.

Contracts edges it out for me.
>>
>>331143205
>It should be the best but the broken suspicion meter ruins it for me.

Play Suit Only, then you can run at your leisure in most missions as guards can't find you suspicious when you're just a guy in his clothes. Invitation to a Party is really tough in a waiter, guest or guard uniform, but is fucking cake with just your suit.

Otherwise just try to give guards a wide berth and walk and don't try to bottleneck through some really tight entrances. Disguises in H2 are supposed to give you breathing space. Find ways to distract clustered guards and then go in.

Or, if you don't mind glitching, just learn to slide. It breaks H2 and H3 something fierce.

But yeah, the Contracts way is much less frustrating and probably the best balance in the series for disguises, especially since it usually had 4-6 disguises per level, and they all had use, or were even very situational and could be blown by specific NPCs.
>>
>Hitman 2
>best

>can't SA most missions
>most missions are crap
>has some of the worst missions in the series

Contracts and Blood Money are far superior. The only thing driving HM2:SA is pure nostalgia. I played it back in 2003 on PS2 and can easily acknowledge it's inferior to C or BM.
>>
Contracts was the best with Bloodmoney a close second
>>
>>331144018
>can't SA most missions
You can SA them all. You can beat the entire game with firing only two shots. Git gud.
>>most missions are crap
Wouldn't say "most", but it had a pretty good track record at the time, given that it had 20 of them. Italy, Russia, Malaysia and India had good missions. Tracking Hayamoto and Shogun Showdown are decent missions. Hitman 2 also has the best final level in the series.
>has some of the worst missions in the series
Every Hitman game got the short end of the stick. C47 has Find the U'wa Tribe, The Jungle God and Gunrunner's Paradise, H2SA has Hidden Valley, At The Gates and Tunnel Rat, H:C has Bjarkhov Bomb and HBM has Death f a Showman as a very unimpressive starting level (it's not a very captivating tutorial even though Joseph Clarence is a very unique target) and A House of Cards is just boring and not very replayable, not many ways to get the targets moving. It'd be easier to name the good levels in Absolution, too.

HM2:SA isn't carried by nostalgia. It has the biggest challenge, can be argued to have the best music, people liked the story, and Anaesthetic was one of the best ways to perform non-lethal takedown by actually making you think about pulling it out and managing your resources. It was the best Hitman game for dedicated sniping missions with solid, wide-open spaces to snipe in and multiple sniping opportunities; in BM, you have to carry your sniper rifle indoors most of the time like some kinda putz.
>>
>>
>>331144018
Also - H2 had some of the craziest kills, and it was the glory days of hoarding weapons to your hideout to use later. H2 lets you slice a limousine passenger with a katana and it's the first game to let you kill a target under a moving car. H2 had a crossbow, a golf club and you could actually use this stuff in missions; in Contracts, you could only do that in NG+, and in BM, there was no point because upgraded Silverballer >>> all.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.