[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Mature" or "normie" games won't sell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: NX.jpg (62 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NX.jpg
62 KB, 1920x1080
this is a fact that has been proven some time ago with the wiiu the CONSOLE'S POWER IS NOT THE ISSUE, THE FANS ARE before the ps4 and xbox one came out there was several games on the wiiu considered mature or more mainstream like:

Cod: Blops 2
Cod: ghost
AC: 3
AC: 4
Batman Arkham origins
Batman Arkham Knight
Watch Dogs
Zombi U

an none of these sold well on the wiiu while is the typical kind of games that sells a lot on Playstations and Xboxs.

So why even bother to try to get all Third party possible when it won't sell shit and publishers will drop relationship with nintendo because of the sales?

And again if it only receives first party nintendo games the console will be dead as fuck

We can on rely on japan to make lots of games from various developers like the 3ds is right now

how do you think it will go for the nx or what strategy do you think they will take? the future looks complicated for the NX support
>>
Unfortunately most of the user base Nintendo was able to retain in the US during the N64 days with titles like 1080 Snowboarding, GoldenEye, Turok, the AKI Wrestling games, etc., has been largely eroded over the last three generations.

They've all moved to other platforms and the younger kids coming up have never had a Nintendo association with those kinds of games.
>>
>>331130504

exactly

N64 and gamecube had some FPS cool and famous games like goldeneye and perefect dark, metroid prime 1 and 2 but after that lots of people moved to other consoles, i say fps but i mean any other kind of game

so the only true hardcore nintedno fans remaining are the ones who buy theyr stuff and they are only a few nowadays...
>>
>>331130151
Nintendo won't get third party support. They've been saying that since the fucking Gamecube.
>>
Because has horrible online.
>>
>Make bad ports
>They don't sell
>Wooow I'm never making a game on this system again!
>>
>>331130151
People who like mature games and Nintendo games at the same a minority.
Nintendo platforms are mainly aimed for kids, only menchildren complain about 3rd party support on Nintendo plataforms.
>>
>>331130151
For CoD everybody was already on PS3 and 360. No point in underage kids such as yourself to jump platforms if you're going to lose your online buddies.

Only normie faggots or history lovers play AC.

You forgot Mass Effect 3, but everybody already played it on 360 and even then the trilogy was available for $30 less than the Wii U game.

Batman is literally capeshit normie games.

Watch Dogs came out like half a year later at full price for the Wii U. 6 months of people agreeing that the game is mediocre and runs like shit.

ZombiU actually made close to 1 million units in sales but that's not enough for Ubishit.
>>
>>331130151
>Cod: Blops 2
Released late
>Cod: ghost
Lacked maps
>AC: 3
Released late
>AC: 4
Released late, lacked dlc
>Batman Arkham origins
Released late, lacked dlc
>Batman Arkham Knight
Console not powerful enough
>Watch Dogs
Released laughably late, with no dlc, and at a time when, WD was bargain binned on other consoles
>Zombi U
Was buggy and broken on release
>>
File: 1437039247341.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1437039247341.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>331131929
>Dude if Nintendo went third party they'd make billions!
>>
>>331131929

Those comments mostly come from young children, because they are interested in more mature expierences while lacking the knowdlege that third party fails to pick up steam on Nintendo.

>>331130151
This has been a nice thread.
>>
>>331130151
Retarded line of thought since the Wii U was ON-PAR with the PS3 and 360 while being the same price and with a smaller library. There was no reason to buy a Wii U except first party games, since everyone already had a PS3/360.
>>
Every single AAA normie game ported to Wii U was no effort trash that either was buggy as shit, was missing content, and/or was released 1-2 years AFTER the PS360 releases.
Remember that laughable Mass Effect 3 Wii U announcement that came at the same time as a ME trilogy announcement for the rest of the home consoles?
>>
I don't buy "mature" games like CoD and AC etc on Nintendo because I'm a bit more discerning than that. Yeah, I have a Nintendo console with a few games. No I don't have a PS36one4. At least right now. Even if I did, I wouldn't buy those kinds of games because they're shit on their own merit and I don't buy into the teenaged mindset of purchasing such games because I want the world to think I'm cool.

So. Yeah.
>>
I am a spic so pirating those types of game on pc is second nature to me.
>>
CoD and AC along with FC are the most mature videogames ever... Just a mindblowing experience like reading books or some shit... That's a fact, people with taste prefer these games over the usual kiddie stuff like Mario or whatever, only retards play these cause they're shit games and the graphics suck ass, period.
Nintendo is like Teletubbies, passing over the age of 6 and still enjoying it means you have issues
/thread
>>
File: cbcdfd3b99b06b8df2de9df4adb8b24c.jpg (309 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
cbcdfd3b99b06b8df2de9df4adb8b24c.jpg
309 KB, 1680x1050
>>331130151
>the CONSOLE'S POWER IS NOT THE ISSUE

Maybe to the consumers, but the developers sure want you to believe it's the console's power.

Really, the Wii U was set up to fail. Part of it was the shit marketing at the start, part of it were actual companies slandering it. Combine those with that casual image Ninty painted for themselves, and they were doomed from the start.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.