[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Dreamcast owners know why the hell shenmue disk 1 won't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: shenmue.jpg (267 KB, 1126x1000) Image search: [Google]
shenmue.jpg
267 KB, 1126x1000
Any Dreamcast owners know why the hell shenmue disk 1 won't load on my console?
>>
>>331126470
Flip the console upside-down and try to play it.

I'm serious.
>>
Dreamcasts don't seem to age well and develop all sorts of problems
>>
>>331126621
Yeah but it runs every other disk it just doesn't work with disk 1 and the passport disk would it be easier to just burn ISO'S on some blank cd-r and just play like that
>>
>>331126842
Did you try flipping it?
>>
>>331126925
I'm trying that now
>>
burned Shenmue is some modified version because that shit actually used GD-rom aka 1.2 gb instead of CD

it's true about the upside down thing tho
>>
don't flip your dreamcast upside down, never do shit like this to any system, it decreases the lifespan.

your disc doesn't work because GD-roms were manufactured by a newly created process and they are probably degrading by now. optical disks have a life of less than 25 years, MAXIMUM, and that's cds, not GDRs.

just burn a new copy, don't fuck up your dreamcast.
>>
>>331127607
It's a fucking Dreamcast, those things don't have much of a lifespan to begin with
>>
>>331127751
hilariously you say that as op is using his 17 year old dreamcast. meanwhile, my ps1 died in one year
>>
>>331126470
why was dreamcast the last god console?

i hate games now. shenmue 3 looks like aids.
>>
Upside down sounds stupid, but tilting the console a bit solves DRE problems for me 50% of the time
>>
File: So good now.gif (1015 KB, 368x270) Image search: [Google]
So good now.gif
1015 KB, 368x270
>mfw you type Shenmue on google and it shows a picture of Sleeping dogs next to the description.
>>
>>331127751
I have 2 and both work like it was 2000
>>
OP here, flipping it didn't work I'm gonna go out and buy some cd-r and pray to God that works
>>
>>331128052
why?

you do this? remove now. i report you. huehuheuheuhue

seriously tho thats racist
>>
>>331127954
Yeah do this. I had to put my dreamcast at an angle (disc drive up) to play through all of Shemnue and i made it to the end with zero issues after
>>
File: #rekt.jpg (55 KB, 540x617) Image search: [Google]
#rekt.jpg
55 KB, 540x617
>>331128337
>not making a flashdrive mod so you can play all game

>not emulating the best game series ever to play at 1080p 60fps with better graphics

cmon kiddo
>>
>>331126547
I was skeptical to try this out back when I bought Shenmue in 2014. Played through the whole game with my console upside down.
Still can't believe it
>>
File: 1444322461672.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
1444322461672.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>331126470
>one day emulation will be the only way to play old games
>>
>>331126470
Did you burn the disk or is it an original release? For some reason the authentic games don't have any protective films on them like most disks these days and they can be extremely sensitive. My first copy of Sonic Adventure just had the film peel off because of rapid temperature changes.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.