[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any games that have half-swording?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: half swording.jpg (255 KB, 1414x1000) Image search: [Google]
half swording.jpg
255 KB, 1414x1000
Are there any games that have half-swording?
>>
>>331118434

For honor.
>>
>>331118434
No because it would be fucking difficult to adapt. It wouldn't translate well in a vidya and most people would call it retarded because not everyone knows about that.
>>
half swording would be pretty cool if it wasn't ruined by internet historians
>>
>>331118434
>Grabs sword
Wow great strategy
>>
>>331118672
This.

The gameplay videos they showed shows the knights half swording as regular moves
>>
>>331118846
You can easily grab swords because they're not as sharp as katanas.
>>
I am a renown medieval historian who happens to browse anime tiddy forums, and I can say after dedicating my life's work on the topic, that girl is using the sword properly as it was originally designed.
>>
>>331118434
No.

And if there was one everyone would call it retarded, even though it's not actually retarded.

Besides, it only exists for the sole purpose of driving a sword into a particular weak spot in armor (or when turned around, to bash in said armor), which doesn't translate well to vidya where you just slash with a generic hitbox.

Would be nice as an animation for a stab, however.
>>
>>331118434
>Are there any games that have half-swording?
>image called half swording
>no half swording in it
Fuck /v/ is incompetent
>>
>>331118913
>gameplay video

There are gameplay videos? All I've seen is the CG trailer.

Regardless...

>Ubishit
>>
why would anyone ever do this what the fuck
>>
>>331118846
>He doesnt know about half swording
This technique was used against heavily armored opponents for whom the blade wouldnt easily reach. The sharpened crossguards could be used as a pick to penetrate heavy armor.
>>
File: warhammer-large.jpg (7 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
warhammer-large.jpg
7 KB, 300x300
Swords are for pussies. Also your armor is useless.
>>
>>331118434

One hand on hilt one hand on blade for a more controlled stab to gaps in the armour.

Two hands on blade to club small joint areas and head with the pommel.

/Thread
>>
>>331118985
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayHIEYv6Fz0

Fast forward to 2min in
>>
>>331118434
>>331118984

If pic is supposed to related, it's not. Half-swording is not the same thing as Mordhau.
>>
>>331119052
I'm sick of Bernie supporters and their revisionist history.
>>
pretty sure some mount and blade warband mods have it
probably
>>
>>331118434
AFAIK All the witcher games having a finishing move where Geralt grabs his sword by the blade and executes a mother fucker with the hilt.
>>
>>331118732
it wouldn't be hard
>one stance of the sword is using it normally
>the other stance is half swording
>you can switch between stances manually

done.
>>
File: photo.png (51 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
51 KB, 900x900
What the fuck is "half a sword"?

The bitch clear has an entire fucking sword, not half a sword, you fucking idiot

... A presses
>>
OP, I'm sorry to tell you this, but...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordhau

That's not half-swording.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-sword
>>
Some kill animations in the witcher 2 has halfswording but not as a gameplay mechanic.
>>
File: 1372809646575.jpg (63 KB, 604x397) Image search: [Google]
1372809646575.jpg
63 KB, 604x397
>>331119052
That isn't halfswording. Halfswording is grabbing the blade with one hand and maneuvering the point into gaps in armor with the extra leverage and control. It can also be used defensively, like a lever. The guy on the left is holding his sword in this way. You're thinking of a technique which has a bunch of different names but is commonly called Mordhau, when the cross guard is used as a bludgeon to stun or give a guy a concussion. That's the guy in the right.

In searching Google for this picture, I did see that there's a game announced called Mordhau, so OP can probably look there. I think halfswording and Mordhau are also featured in Kingdom Come Deliverance as animations.
>>
>>331118434
>half-swording

not sure but i know a game with a half a press
>>
>>331118949
Is this guy good? I usually go to Lindybeige for this sort of autism.
>>
>>331119469
This.
Half swording was a thing, but the example in OPs pic is just...
Nah
>>
>>331118434
Why is Jinx playing knight?
>>
File: 1449935713275.gif (1 MB, 384x239) Image search: [Google]
1449935713275.gif
1 MB, 384x239
Gee, it sure is meme bait around
>>
>>331118949

>weapon autists

Worst form of history desu
>>
Why the fuck did everyone and their mom suddenly start wanking over "half-swording"? What did I miss that suddenly made it a meme?
>>
>>331119663
His autism over time has been steadily decreasing, but I wouldn't call him good. In order of quality, it's Schola Gladiatoria (actual HEMA teacher, trained historian, cites sources), Skallagrim (practiced HEMA at some point in his life, gets worse the earlier the video it is), Lindybeige (armchair historian, regularly spouts opinion and bullshit as fact, sometimes has a fairly insightful video).
>>
I really wish souls series would have implemented it or different swordmanship techniques but i guess they won't either for balance sake or laziness.
>>
>>331118434
A sword is a sword. You can't have half a sword.
>>
File: 34589273495873498254.jpg (26 KB, 450x318) Image search: [Google]
34589273495873498254.jpg
26 KB, 450x318
>>331118434
a sword is a sword you can't just say it's "half"
>>
File: shrek.jpg (7 KB, 212x200) Image search: [Google]
shrek.jpg
7 KB, 212x200
>it's a "OP brags about his wikipedia knowledge on /v/" episode
>>
Why the fuck does /v/ have such a hard-on for half-swording?

Does it make you feel smart when people think the idea is ridiculous?
>>
>>331119920
In the last few years, a lot more people have become interested in medieval fencing and combat since HEMA has gotten more exposure. Some people latched onto the more weird aspects of it and started waving their dick around to prove they know more than everyone else. It's all very interesting stuff, but people blow things like half swording out of proportion because it seems neat.
>>
>>331118434
Why do we have this thread so often?
>>
>>331120009
Pretty much Dark Souls with different stances. Though I doubt there's going to be half-swording since the studio aren't really westaboos at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ9_8Ip0OEw
>>
>>331119989
Forgot Roland Warzecha, Dimicator. He's another really good guy. Seems to specialize in sword and buckler and trying to reconstruct Viking-era sword and shield combat. Actual HEMA teacher as well.

He does some really good stuff, like fencing with sharp weapons to see how they interact in the bind or on shields.
>>
>>331119989
Thanks for the suggestions, I've never even heard of that first guy.
>>
>>331118434

>half swording

armchair historian autism

Unless a game is milsim-tier realistic nobody fucking cares
>>
>>331120612
Schola has a video somewhere on the channel of channels he recommends. They tend to be more specialized, like the guy with the antiquated spelling of Knight Errant that I can never remember who does armor. He's really good too. From there you can probably branch off and find whatever you're interested in with more detail.
>>
>>331120349
>Pretty much Dark Souls with different stances
Try Onimusha
>>
>>331121908
>Try Onimusha

The UI and everything about it feel like Demons Souls and it's sequels. All it has from Onimusha is the setting.

I guarantee you this game will have leveling up and stat allocations.
>>
Why not just use a giant fucking mace?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.