[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when you used to totally enjoy gaming /v/? Now it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: Anvil County.jpg (212 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Anvil County.jpg
212 KB, 1600x1000
Remember when you used to totally enjoy gaming /v/?

Now it's just something you do to pass time due to having nothing better going on in your life.
>>
>>331107332

I remember when I used to enjoy something period. I don't enjoy anything now.

Honestly, I think that's why I and other people watch Let's Players on youtube. We can't have fun or enjoy it ourselves so we have to do so vicariously through these "characters" that are having a blast playing the games. We have to watch other people enjoy themselves.

Kind of like how you don't laugh at something but the moment someone else starts losing their shit, you do too.
>>
Literally everything you do in life is just passing time until your fleshy shell rots.
>>
>>331107332
t. early 20s manchild neet
>>
>>331107332
If you feel this way, ask yourself: Is there really anything better out there?

____no_____
>>
>>331107720
I think it's because playing video games takes work. Watching people play games doesn't take as much effort. It's the difference between watching a movie and reading a book.
>>
I enjoy getting frustrated and angry now in multiplayer games.
>>
>>331107332
alternatives are worse
movies are for mouth-breathing, drooling retards
tv series are clickbaiting given video form
music is dead
>>
File: 1233707636300.jpg (144 KB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
1233707636300.jpg
144 KB, 500x230
>>331108750
so you're 12 then
>>
>>331108968
26 but 12 year olds are really good at frustrating me.
>>
>>331107332
I'm 28 and I still do.

Only MP games though. Single player games have been shit since around 2006 or so when the exodus of casuals entered the market and transformed the industry of SP games into 'cinematic experiences'
>>
File: Type 9 2 stronk.jpg (488 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
Type 9 2 stronk.jpg
488 KB, 1919x1079
this wasn't really the case until I lost my job 8 months ago, but I can still enjoy a lot of old games I used to play and it's not just the nostalgia factor - the more recent the game, the less effort that was put into it beyond graphics, of course there's some exceptions, but it's mostly the case.
>>
I don't as many games as I used to. Instead I just enjoy a small handful very intensely. If anything my childhood was the formative years to getting very picky about what I play. So now I only play stuff I know I like and seldom go far beyond that boundary to try anything new.
>>
File: 1453949131681.jpg (85 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1453949131681.jpg
85 KB, 600x800
>start up game
>realize I only have an hour until work
>realize it'll probably take me two weeks to beat this game
>realize I have a 400 game backlog on pc alone
>turn off game
I miss being a kid with infinite free time. I still beat games and enjoy them but the realization of how much time video games have taken from my life is depressing in itself.
>>
>>331111071
I was thinking today that I've spent more time looking at a screen this decade than ANYTHING outside. Not even exaggerating.
>>
>>331111270
Yeah that's what depresses me. I know that the defense is usually "time you enjoyed wasting isn't wasted time," but I've been playing guitar for about 7 years now. If I spent even half the time I spent on the computer practicing guitar I would actually have some kind of talent and something that I accomplished. Or hell even shitting something out in unity would have at least had some kind of result and value. I just remember my parents telling me "don't spend all your time on video games or you'll regret it when you're older" and god were they fucking right.
>>
>>331107332
I used to enjoy games because I had nothing to lose and my whole life ahead of me. Now playing vidya makes me feel guilty, like I should be doing anything else.
>>
empathy bump
>>
>>331107332
>Remember when you used to totally enjoy gaming
No.
>>
File: 1438994165476.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1438994165476.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
>>331112639
basically
>>
>>331112134
That's just because it's not cool to be good at the games you played. If you got good at DOTA, fighting games, or an IRL sport then maybe you wouldn't feel like you wasted your time since other people will respect you for your skills.
>>
I actually have tons of productive stuff I could be doing.
But for some reason I'm willing to drop all of that and waste time pushing buttons on my controller. It's been this way as long as I can remember, and it's probably going to continue for the foreseeable future.
>>
File: 1435517595295.gif (996 KB, 334x357) Image search: [Google]
1435517595295.gif
996 KB, 334x357
>tfw 25 and still love vidya
You jelly, /v/?
>>
>>331111270
>That sudden realization that sitting in your computer chair and staring at your monitor is far and away what you spend the most time doing, and has been for years
>>
hey lets all meet up and kill ourselves with koolaid
>>
>>331115029
sounds good seeya there
>>
>>331114404
Whats even worse is I'm not even that good at vidya. If anything my hand eye coordination has probably deteriorated over time.
>>
I'm 26 and had no motivation to play games until Witcher 3 & MGSV came along last year. I know it sounds like I'm bandwaggoning but honestly those two games reignited my passion for games that I thought I had lost years ago.
>>
>>331115689
wew
>>
File: tired of everything.png (8 KB, 112x343) Image search: [Google]
tired of everything.png
8 KB, 112x343
>used to love vidya
>especially MMO's and RPG's
>it was so easy to get invested and sucked into the world
>caring about not only my world, but npc's
>last games I enjoyed was powering through the Witcher series
>was playing OW beta the other day
>paused for a moment and asked myself if I was honestly having fun
>realized, no, I was just getting aggravated and pissed off with no sense of enjoyment
>uninstall it
>uninstall the rest of the vidya I own
>now I'm deciding on what to do with my free time

I guess I'm done with vidya, at least for now. No upcoming games get me excited or hyped like they used to, my favorite genre is dead in the water (MMO's) and I really see no point trying to reignite a lost flame from a measly ember from what it once was.

I don't know if it's age, hormones, mental differences from youth or if I'm just simply bored of something that I thought I'd always find interest in. I just hope I can find a flame in another hobby that will last longer than vidya.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.