[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is 4 months old now. How was/is it for you /v/? Quick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: Fallout 4.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
This game is 4 months old now. How was/is it for you /v/? Quick background on me.

>Bought at release
>Binge 6 hours
>Accumulate about 40 hours over 2 weeks
>Dropped
>Pick it up again 2 days ago
>Mod it
>Playing it, digging it

What mods make the game more fun and immersive to you? Vanilla is arguably lackluster and shallow.

For any fans of the New Vegas music, I modded the best songs into the Classic radio station, in order to keep the current songs as well. Will upload upon request
>>
>>331104743
How about you fucking Bethesda's dick sucking cockmonglers finally stop using that STALKER promo picture with slapped on "FO4" text on it?
>>
Goddamn that image makes me mad every time I see it
>>
>>331104850
>>331104872
Sorry, I Googled Fallout 4, and picked the first one I saw, just for the sake of the thread. I had no idea it was a trigger
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>331104743
>>331105012
instead of playing plebeian console-trash, how about playing some actually GOOD open-world (kinda) post-apocalyptic shooter RPGs? You know, the one which's promo art you technically posted already.

Rookie guide very related.
>>
Fucking hell what kind of a retard created this pic
>>
>>331105228
Saved. I'll check it out. Never played Stalker
>>
>>331105228
>realistic gunplay
>enemies are bullet-spongey as fuck
Why cant every game be like the Metro games?
You die quick, but enemies die quick as well, its a lot more fun that way.
>>
Initial gunplay was alright. Weapon modding is a step in the right direction but many mods are worthless.

Everything else is absolute trash. it's gonna be well over a year before it becomes "good" and even then almost all of the quests wont be worth doing because they're all terribly written and there's little to no alternative paths.
>>
File: The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg (636 KB, 986x897) Image search: [Google]
The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg
636 KB, 986x897
>>331105435
Attaboy!

to get the smoothest first time with STALKER trilogy, consult that Starting Guide pic above,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear obviously sucks ass and first area can be quite boring.
>>
File: STALKER CoP - AI fight.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
STALKER CoP - AI fight.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>331105590
>enemies are bullet-spongey as fuck
yeah, nope. Every human enemy can be dropped with a single shot, to the head that is.

What some people don't seem to realize that STALKER games not only have actual bullet physics, as in you can't just point and click on the enemy and expect to hit him, but also have actual differences in the BALLISTICS of different projectiles. Pistol rounds and buckshot for example have quite short range and very weak armor-penetration characteristics, which means that anyone with even a tiny bit of kevlar or steel on them is obviously going to shrug off most shots.

>You die quick, but enemies die quick as well, its a lot more fun that way.
That thing was actually "invented" by STALKER. Both the player and NPCs are equally vulnerable to damage, and the damage values increase on higher difficulties, resulting that "you die quicker, but so do your enemies" -situation. Thus, anyone NOT playing on the MASTER difficulty's just ruining the game for himself.

seriously, Metro's just consolized and streamlined Stalker-wannabe. Literally just a bit fancier CoD clone.
>>
>>331106216
I think he was taking about fallout...
>>
>>331107717
He's replying to my post where I recommend OP to play STALKER, quoting a part from the STALKER starting guide picture.

so nope.
>>
>>331104743
I guess no one fell in love with the New Vegas music, and the tone it sets for these games, besides me. Feels gud in 4 to be honest
>>
>>331104743
More or less in the same situation as you. Hoping Automatron isn't shit since I like the Fallout robots.

I still regret paying for the game at full price, but that feeling isn't as bad as it used to be.

What NV songs did you mod in, specifically?
>>
>>331106216
>>331107717
I wasnt.
Thats just how the game felt to me.
Even if I dont hit their heads, they would still take almost an entire magazine of my AK to drop.
I played FPS before and I know how to handle recoil etc., this shouldnt happen.
>>
>>331108710

Aint that a Kick in the Head
American Swing
Big Iron
Blue Moon
Blues for You
It's a sin
Goin under
Hallow Mister X
Happy Times
Heartaches by the Number
I'm Movin Out
I'm so Blue
In the Shadow of the Valley
It's a Sin to tell a Lie
Jazz Blues (both)
Jingle Jangle
Joe Cool
Johnny Guitar
Lazy Day Blues
Let's Ride in to the Sunset Together
Lone Star
Love me as though no Tomorrow
Mad about the Boy
Manhattan
Something's Gotta Give
Stars of the Midnight Rage
Where have you been all my Life
Why don't you do Right
>>
I'm a console fag so I don't have mods. That being said I can judge the game itself and not based off its potential that is only realized by hard working modders who do it for free.

It was, for me, shittier than new Vegas. The weapon mod system seemed like it was a good idea when it was introduced, but really it's just an excuse to cut the guns available in half. Most mods are really niche anyway and most of the time you take what gives you the most damage.

The factions were shit, none of them seemed overwhelming. The one I agreed with the most was the minute men on an ideological scale but I didn't like the city building portion of the game. It'd be cool if I didn't have to invest heavily into charisma and spend hours of time farming for mats in order to participate in. I chose the BoS for this reason. I'd much rather kill shit than farm for mats any day.
>>
File: SoC popping heads sniper.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
SoC popping heads sniper.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
>>331108970
The STALKER games are kinda mixtures of FPS and RPG. The earlier gear you got are automatically shittier than the late-game weapons, and the AKs belong to the low-end guns. The first full-length AK-74 equipped with a scope and AP rounds will easily get you through the entire game if you so desire, but it pales in comparison to most 5.56 guns such as G36 and Sig, not to mention the super satisfying 9x39 rifles like VSS and Groza,

I've played STALKER games for a good 9 years now, and not once do I remember a single human enemy taking an entire magazine to go down. That is, unless you're trying to drop an Exoskeleton wielding hulk with a puny 9x18 Makarov, landing body-shots.

tl;dr: prior experience with many other FPS games, most notably the modern console-shit, won't help you in STALKER's world. If the enemy's not even flinching, you're not hitting them.
>>
>>331108970
Play on Master difficulty. Lower difficulties make both you and the enemy do less damage so it feels spongy.
>>
>>331111134
I agree. NV I never even played with mods because I just liked the game. Even though, it has been bashed heavily here for years.

With Fallout 4, I was itching for mods. Craftable ammo, simple shit like painting and modding power armor, more shit to add to settlements (one mod adds like 1000 items or something), and so on
>>
File: 1454619195194.png (54 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454619195194.png
54 KB, 557x605
>>331112356
when the webm loops just right
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.