[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever wanted to excel at a game /v/? Have you hit a wall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: lesadvidyacharacters.jpg (73 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
lesadvidyacharacters.jpg
73 KB, 658x370
Have you ever wanted to excel at a game /v/?
Have you hit a wall at some point and just not gotten any better?
>>
Literally every StG I've ever played.
>>
>>331100228

Same. Having trouble with an RTS right now. Despite doing everything right and following the build order I feel way behind others.
>>
>>331099445
It feels that way in Dota 2 right now. I don't have the time of day to play more, and casual games won't let me increase skill that much. Been playing since 2007.
>>
>>331100306
This has always been the case for me. This is going to sound casual as fuck but I really liked starcraft's campaigns.
>>
FE Fates Conquest Lunatic and Dustforce gave me the most trouble
>>
I used to play amateur competitive L4D2 with actual competitive player friends of mine. The skill gulf between me and them was obviously visible. Any time I do something that was as good as them it was noticeable, which only points out the relative skill difference.

When we would scrim or in-house with my friends-of-friends who were even better, it was like trying to beat your dad at basketball when you were 5 years old.

I knew most of the tricks to the game, but their sense for when to move and where an attack is going to come from was something I don't think I'd ever get if I never stopped playing to today.
>>
>>331099445
If you do any thing a thousand times you will be good at it afterwards
>>
File: 1452911801530.jpg (8 KB, 251x227) Image search: [Google]
1452911801530.jpg
8 KB, 251x227
>nuclear throne
>>
>>331099445
Sort of. In retrospect you realise you just didn't put anywhere near the amount of time into it as you thought you had.
>>
>>331101017
False.

Practice does not make perfect.

Perfect practice makes perfect.
>>
File: areuserious.png (128 KB, 429x658) Image search: [Google]
areuserious.png
128 KB, 429x658
>keep getting D or E rank in my fast castle time

ZeroEmpires is killing me
>>
>>331102547
Perfect makes practice perfect
>>
>>331101145
Keep playing dude, it get's a lot easier when you can beat world 5 and 3
>>
>>331103204
>tfw you play so long you start seeing bullets even when you aren't playing and you just want it to stop
>>
>>331104025

>tfw hear the sounds all day and dream about the game
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.