[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No threads about it >only 6 days left to buy for lower
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: Battlefleet gothic armada.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Battlefleet gothic armada.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>No threads about it
>only 6 days left to buy for lower price with Space Muhrines DLC for free

What is this?
>Battlefleet Gothic: Armada is the RTS videogame adaptation of Games Workshop’s classic tabletop game
>Armada offers deep management of every ship composing the player’s fleet, both during and between battles. From the fastest frigates to the gigantic, miles-long battleships, the player will customize all aspects of his ships: weaponry, defense and support sub-systems, but also crew, captains, and more

Basically its 40 euro game that looks and feels like f2p shit
Also 40k thread?
>>
/v/ is too entry level to have threads about the game. Hop over to /tg/ to enjoy a civil discussion, as long as you leave the shitposting behind.
>>
oh, ok. Thanks
>>
>/v/
>talking about any kind of rts or strategy game
heh
>>
>muh 40k meme game
Fuck off
>>
>>331096826
Good job bumping the thread, idiot
>>
>>331094965
>only 6 days left to buy for lower price with Space Muhrines DLC for free

I thought it still counted for 2 months after release if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>331094965
>>Armada offers deep management of every ship composing the player’s fleet, both during and between battles. From the fastest frigates to the gigantic, miles-long battleships, the player will customize all aspects of his ships: weaponry, defense and support sub-systems, but also crew, captains, and more
This sounds like an unfun amount of superfluous micromanagement.
>>
Is it fun?

I am drawn to this warhammer shit for some reason.
>>
>space game

Into the trash it goes. Do they not realize that space is literally empty? Starcraft 2 has new maps every season. This game will ever have one single map. Space
>>
>>331094965
>only 6 days left to buy

What happens in 6 days?
>>
>>331097064
>>331097138

Casuals.
>>
>>331097085
It's fun but the beta i play crashes every second match.
>>
>>331097191
prize goes up and muhrines become paid DLC
>>331097085
pretty much. you can check on twitch if you want before buying to make your own decision, as fun is subjective
>>331097021
nah, they changed it.
>>
Did they give us a release date yet?
>>
>>331094965
This post honestly stinks of marketing. Paid or unpaid

>ONLY X DAYS LEFT. BUY IT BEFORE THE PRICE GOES UP, GET SOMETHING FREE! I AM TOTALLY NOT PLAYING ON YOUR FEARS AND UNCERTAINTY. BUY IT NOW BEFORE YOU REALLY DECIDE IF YOU WANT IT OR NOT BECAUSE FREEEEEEEE AND LOOOOOWWWWWW PRICE

>WHAT IS THIS GREAT PRODUCT? WELL HERE ARE SOME MARKETING BLURBS

>OH AND IN CASE YOU THINK IM A MARKETER I AM GOING TO MAKE A MEAN COMMENT ABOUT SAID PRODUCT
>>
>>331097504
I literaly copy pasted info from steam shop page. No shit it sounded like marketing faggot
>>
File: 1403893582776.jpg (259 KB, 609x900) Image search: [Google]
1403893582776.jpg
259 KB, 609x900
>>331094965
>6 days left to buy.
What, they haven't shown any Eldar/Ork stuff yet, and those factions are the 2 I only care about.
>>
>>331094965
>Google the devs
>They made a few shitty games that people mostly disliked
>This comes up
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207150/

It's like they just rehashed the game in WH universe.
>>
>>331098751
>mostly negative
>>
>>331098751
>>331098816

Most of the negative reviews are about the game being multiplayer only and that there's nobody online.
>>
>>331097258

Got any counter argument? Space is literally nothing. Gone home has more content than space games
>>
>>331099802

You do understand that chess is literally played on an empty field with nothing on it, right? That doesn't take away from the content of the game you fucking mongoloid.

You want an argument? How about: if your units are so simplistic in design that they cannot work without some gimmicky backdrop, your game is shallow repetitive micro-shit.
>>
>>331097021
OP is being retarded. It goes on sale for full price in 6 days, but Marines will still be free for two months afterward.
>>
>>331097064
The fuck. The game is incredibly shallow
>>
>Open steam
>Look at page
>Nothing but screens of ships and cutscenes no actual gameplay

Seems like a scam senpai
>>
>>331097138
Thats not true Anon don't you know anything about space games! Sometimes there is a red ball in the back ground and someones there is a BLUE ball in the back ground! Once... I saw a green one
>>
>>331102453
I'm curious as well. need gameplay footage.
>>
>>331102724
Just fucking google it, retards. The game is in beta, there are tons of footage. It's shit
>>
>>331096371
I've had some great RTS threads in the past, you just have to bump them a little and they get going.
>>
>>331102453
>be you
>open Twitch
>type in name of the game
>twitch.tv vuurmannetje comes up
Wooooooow
>>
>>331105059
If the company behind the game only want to advertize the game to me as a movie, it goes a long way to show me exactly what the game is going to be like and what I can expect from future content. So im not interested
>>
>>331106308
but the gameplay is bland. There is nothing to show except for movies
>>
>>331106308
You are literally retarded.
>>
>>331094965
It's pretty fun but the bugs and crashes makes it too hard to enjoy. Also no Orks or Eldar in the beta. You should wait until release but it's been good so far.

The campaign hasn't been released beyond the prologue yet so I won't comment on it. Multiplayer starts with small skirmishes with your three light cruisers and frigates then grows to include battlecruisers and battleships with massive fleets. Your ships also gain experience if they survive battles and you can upgrade their crews, ship systems, and give them special abilities. A key here is that your ships are persistent between online battles so if they are destroyed they gain no experience and are unusable in the next skirmish. I think this is an interesting mechanic and it can be frustrating when an opponent is losing and suicides their light cruiser into your battlecruiser, crippling it before your win.

Right now I'm just experimenting with the Imperials because I'm new to the game but a few hours in and the gameplay is enjoyable. The game also looks and sounds great with nice details on the ships and some cool sound effects when the ships move, fire, or ram each other (very satisfying to slam into chaos scum).

The bugs though, oh god the bugs. The game is in beta so it might be better on release but the crashes and gameplay bugs totally ruin the experience. Wait until they fix all this stuff before buying.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.