[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post the best game in their respective series pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: rainbow-six-siege.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rainbow-six-siege.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
post the best game in their respective series

pic related
>>
>>331092414
>No story mode
>No "create an operator"
>Barebones multiplayer
>Extremely limited selection of weapons and gear
>B-but you can shoot holes in walls!

Can you please tell me what's so great about this game? It's been collecting dust on my shelf for quite some time.
>>
>>331092414
Dead games general?
>>
>>331092492
>Focused on multiplayer instead of splitting resources
>Class based for obvious balance reasons
>What's wrong with barebones? many games suffer from a bloated amount of guns etc which throws balance out the window, Siege benefits from this approach
>Again balance, there's no need for a vast array of assault rifles, this isn't BF4
>It's a gameplay mechanic with a lot of consequences in game relating to tactics and equipment/weapons, it's far more interesting than muh quantity of weapons/customization!

It's great because it's an almost perfect realization of a breach/defend concept, there's no imbalance between attackers and defenders, there's almost no shit in the game that gets in the way of that.
>>
File: 6739_back.jpg (81 KB, 640x556) Image search: [Google]
6739_back.jpg
81 KB, 640x556
>>331092414
>>
File: Image.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
>>331092414
Fight me
>>
>>331094904
>>Focused on multiplayer instead of splitting resources

>Charged full price for a multiplayer game full of bugs
>>
>>331092492

>being a lonely faggot
>being a selfinsert lonely faggot
>being unable to comprehend objectives
>wanting quantity over quality
>i hate when technology advances

Take your autism pills.
>>
>>331096231
>Charged full price for a game full of bugs

Fixed that for ya, mp or sp only games can be full price, I did not feel cheated by paying full price for Battlefield 2 back in the day, nor did I feel BF3 or 4's absolutely terrible campaigns being worth anything.
>>
File: 1451505367404.jpg (144 KB, 496x560) Image search: [Google]
1451505367404.jpg
144 KB, 496x560
>>331092414
best multiplayer sure

I would kill for a campaign on par with Rogue Spear/Raven Shield with full mission planning though
>>
>>331095642
other than the absolute garbage CoD-tier story and 1v1 final bossfight, yeah, it's probably my favourite.

They should just go back to Rainbow Six 3 style and have you play disconnected hostage-rescue/bomb defusal missions.
>>
>>331095642

I'm with you.
>>
Is it worth 35$ and having to endure uplay on my machine?
Webms look fun.
>>
>>331096672
>>i hate when technology advances
Shooting holes in walls is nothing new.
>>
>>331092414
>>331095642
Both of you should kill yourselves
>>
>>331097168
yeah

make sure you have some friends to play with or be willing to talk on the mic though
>>
>>331097431
This guy gets it.

Vegas series was CoD-lite and Siege is a bastardchild of Battlefield and CS
>>
>>331097180
>advance
>brand new

Christ m8 get a grip.
>>
the whole point of Rainbow Six is the organization is called Rainbow and the leader or commander (John Clark) is called Six. so Rainbow Six literally meant leader of Rainbow.

it was always about just planning and executing and watching your squad execute the plan you painstakingly drew up for them.

until of course, the planning part disappeared

i'm not saying i don't like Vegas or Siege, but these games are completely missing the point.

but whatever, ALPHA GO TANGO DOWN and allthat
>>
>>331099296
Wait, why can't you plan in Siege?
>>
>>331100036
You can but all of the planning UI is removed. It basically comes down to "You go in this window, you go in this door and I'll go in through the roof." Whereas in 3 for example you had a full planning UI completely separate from the actual mission.
>>
>>331100036

Because he is shitposting.
Ubi literally provided a planning map just for the autists.
Even though planning in Siege would never work because you are playing against real humans who would behave different everytime.
>>
>>331100036
you can technically plan in Siege using a website they made

but back then you could fully customize your squad. maximum of 10 people divided between three teams carrying whatever equipment you wanted them to according to your plan, against dozens of terrorists.

in Siege you're stuck with like 5 people, planning against other 5 people.

Siege should really integrate the planning UI into the game. it takes very long to wait between rounds anyway and makes for a ton of better communication
>>
>>331100252
planning in Siege would help, just for the idea of where to go or what angles to cover.

whenever I play that game I expect some better players to tell me what to do so we can actually work as a team, and a planning UI will help greatly with that.

instead I run around like a headless chicken because there's no planning, and I don't have fun and don't touch the game in months
>>
>>331100309

>why cant i plan for 10 man of 3 teams in a 5v5 game
>i want to force people do my shitty plan
>why cant i make plans against dumbass AI and feel good about beating it

You should meet and interact with people.
>>
>>331100217

They should designate the party leader as commander and allow them to draw plans instead of piloting a drone at the start.
>>
Good game, fucking terrible garbage community.
>>
>>331100509
i didn't say i wanted to do the planning
i want to see a map where people draw on it and i'm gonna say yes i'll do that and then we execute
>>
>>331100494
>whenever I play that game I expect some better players to tell me what to do so we can actually work as a team, and a planning UI will help greatly with that.
>instead I run around like a headless chicken because there's no planning, and I don't have fun and don't touch the game in months

Friends, get some.
Interesting we dont need a planning table with my friends because simply communicating in game.
You go there, do this here, shoot the wall there.

That planning phase would help nothing, because the objective and player location is always random.
You couldnt plan shit beforehand, only on the go adapting to the situation.

But i guess its way to hard to understand.
>>
>>331095642
This guy gets it.
>>
>>331100652
I would say having a map still helps.
every time I get dumped into a random starting location I get disoriented and don't know where to go, it's easier with a map and some visual directions
>>
>>331100813
>every time I get dumped into a random starting location I get disoriented and don't know where to go

kek
leave your house once in a while
you will get used to it
>>
>>331095642

I loved the amount of player customization the game offered, and Terrorist Hunt was pretty fun. With that said I think the campaign was pretty retarded.
>>
>>331100876
yea right like I have time to explore when I have like two minutes to rescue a hostage
>>
>>331100652
>>331100509

>Friends shill

lel, what a faggot
Games haven't done shit to help people play nice and find groups since TF2 iirc. Charging full price for a laggy and unmarketed piece of shit won't help finding friends either.
If you have friends ironically you can just play RS3 anyway, because you meet the requirements to play it.
>>
>>331095642

Babbys first R6: the game

I don't think the Vegas games are bad, but they really took a shit on the concept of earlier Rainbow Sixes, turning it into a generic cover shooter. I'm glad Siege took went back to its roots. I'd say Raven Shield is the best though.
>>
At least it's not Rainbow 6 Patriots
>>
>>331102000
lmfao
>>
>>331101336

>if you have friends you can a clunky ass game against dumbass AI

im gonna skip
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.