[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't he just fuck off and actually make a remaster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
Why can't he just fuck off and actually make a remaster instead of adding his own bullshit in?
>>
Wtf is this shit
>>
These are literally not the same characters
>>
Paper Mario has OC bullshit that fans always gloss over and defend, this looks much better and new.

Like, what the fuck is that fish abomination supposed to be? The Pianta looks more appealing.

I guess its true all you people crave are straight up rehashes.
>>
What the fuck is he doing
>>
>>331090248
>>331090268
>>331090370
nintendo likes memes right?

this is them taking advantage of the 'me and my son' meme duh
>>
File: 1401041573758.gif (30 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1401041573758.gif
30 KB, 125x125
I don't see the problem.
>>
>>331090421
The fish thing is just one of the weird non canon mario characters that add to the charm of paper mario. Part of it was finding those things that dont exist in the mario world and saying "wtf is this thing". Chet Rippo was another example.
>>
>>331090515
Swing and a miss anon. Not too funny. Try again.
>>
How can you be such a lowlife to actually want a straight "remaster" bullshit? Just emulate the original if you want to play it. At least it shows they are putting some effort into it.

Daily reminder that if you buy remasters or "HD" versions you are literally cancer.
>>
>>331090515
A) This is a fan made remake
B) The meme isn't "me and my son", it's "my wifes son"
C) This post wasn't funny. Go back to re ddit.
>>
And this is why original characters in Mario games are just a huge source of autism and nothing else.
I support Nintendo for dropping them altogether.
>>
>>331090639
>>331090663
This isn't nintendo retards. This is a fan remake.
>>
>>331090248
Make your own game OP, instead of triggering about it.
>>
>>331090431
HOL UP
>>
>>331090657
> The meme isn't "me and my son",
There's a tumblr meme that is about making small versions of characters stand next to the character and imply that it's dad/mom and son.
He's referring to that
>>
>giving a shit about a fanmade texture pack that changes the entire look of the game
Why? No honestly, why? It's a mod. Just don't get it.
>>
>>331090820
Ah, I stand corrected.
>>331090515
Kill yourself. This post is even less funny now. Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>331090706
I know. I was pointing out at PMfags' autism for original characters.
>>
>>331090960
No, you very clearly thought it was official. Kill yourself, retard.
>>
>>331090248
He's not obligated to follow your whims, and I doubt he's making this for you in the first place.
>>
>>331091004
Yeah, that's the kind of autism I was talking about.
>>
>>331091062
What, people pointing out when you're wrong and trying to play it off like you werent?
Maybe try not being wrong
>>
You guys DO remember that the last time /v/ threw a shitfit over this dude, it was so severe that people started harassing him on DA, to the point where he said the character swaps will be OPTIONAL now, and this was caused by a single fucking screenshot of Twink as a Luma

IT'S OPTIONAL

OPTIONAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL
>>
File: Mushroom_Shop_Clerk.png (139 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Mushroom_Shop_Clerk.png
139 KB, 320x240
>>331090568
Those "charming" characters don't fit with Mario at all. Only when they use obscure characters or build upon established characters is it ever decent (Lantern Ghost which is from Yoshi's Island, and Kent C. Koopa for example). Anything other than that is literally deviantART OCs courtesy of Intelligent Systems. It reached a major boiling point with all the lame shit they came up with in Super Paper Mario. And even then things like Toads are just as bad and also deviantART OC tier, just Toads with Disney app clothes grafted onto them.

If you want a good example of 'original' Toads then look at the Toad NPCs of Little Fungitown in Superstar Saga or the first 3 Mario Party games. Pic related.
>>
>>331092016
>Those "charming" characters don't fit with Mario at all
Let me stop you right there. Mario =/= Paper Mario.
>>
>>331092160
Wow. You're seriously defending stupid shit like O' Chunks, Mr. Hoggle or Chet Rippo, just to name a few.

I already explained how Paper Mario can still be wholly Mario without going full retard. You still haven't refuted anything I said.
>>
>>331092294
Of course it can be mainline mario, but it isn't, and hasn't been since its inception up until Sticker Star.

As far as O' Chunks, SPM had garbage art direction in general. I'll concede that. All of the original enemies and partners were absolute garbage. Mr. Hoggle was a pretty lame design, but it's not like it was that offensive or offputting. Chet Rippo (the original) was great, because he was supposed to be a mysterious con man that you know nothing about. Him being an unknown race that you've never seen before just adds to the mystery surrounding him. You don't know where he came from, who his relatives or associates are, or what his real intents are.
>>
>>331092294
Not even the previous guy, but all I see in your "argument" is a bunch of buzzwords.
>>
>>331092294
but I like all of those.

Your entire argument is based on saying that the original characters are deviant-art tier. Considering that the most deviant-art pumps out is different variations of existing characters, you don't have a leg to stand on.
>>
>>331090248
The only one that really confuses me is twink being a luma. Didn't he have dialouge about how he's a star kid and shit?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.