[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't Nintendo doing a new Metroid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Gravit_Suit_Art.gif (53 KB, 240x414) Image search: [Google]
Gravit_Suit_Art.gif
53 KB, 240x414
seriously I can't understand

the character is cool
the atmosphere is cool
the lore is cool (expecially after metroid 4)

they don't like money, do they?
>>
Shut up and wait until E3.
>>
But friend, they are.

Honestly though I wouldn't be surprised if there were a traditional Metroid secretly in production for the NX. I'd be more worried about whether or not it will be any good with the way Nintendo's been recently.
>>
>>331076313
>I'd be more worried about whether or not it will be any good with the way Nintendo's been recently.

I guess...
but a i'd like to play a NEW Super Metroid
>>
Because Japan doesn't give a shit about Metroid
>>
because a special someone has been hoarding the series for 7 years

I really don't know why they don't make another metroid fusion type game along with whatever they are making. Guess they think it's the 3DS so sprites are a no go
>>
>>331075803
They ruined Samus image with Brawl and enforced it with Other M. The cool bounty hunter Samus exploring dangerous ruins and alien facilities is dead.
Now everyone just want to fap to her in her zero suit.
>>
>>331076803
it's true
>>
>>331077102
Only Smashfags want this.
>>
File: Metroidzero02.png (36 KB, 240x417) Image search: [Google]
Metroidzero02.png
36 KB, 240x417
>>331077102
nobody cares about other m
not even the ones that liked it
>>
>>331077057
Tanabe is deadset on working on ForceFed, someone else could work on a 2D game or take another try at non-first person 3D, but no producers seem to want to. Sakamoto in particular said he wants to focus more on newer IP's than revisting past works.
>>
>>331076274
People are waiting forever. This e3 will be the same as every other e3. No Metroid.
>>
>>331077385

Sakamoto is asshurt that nobody liked his shitty fapfic.
>>
well Starfox got an actual new game so I don't see why a series that had a game on the wii and is getting a spinoff would stop suddenly. It will most likely be an NX game
>>
>>331077503
Or maybe you should just wait it out, Reggie, Tanabe, and Takahashi already in some ways stated that a traditional Metroid is in the works, just wait start complaining if you don't hear or see anything at this year's e3.

>>331077385
Sakamoto's Fusion/Zero Mission team don't necessarily need him to make a mainline game, just his approval and since Takahashi said to years ago that they had ideas for the traditional series then that should answer your question. Just play the waiting game and have a little more patients, I can see something happening at E3 this year.
>>
>>331077893
meant two years ago
>>
>>331077893
It's the opposite actually. They said if they started making a traditional Metroid now, it'd take three years and thus have to release on NX. They don't care. We aren't getting anything. I fucking hate it, I'm pissed, and Nintendo isn't getting any money from me any more. Unless they somehow stop being shit and make an insanely good 3d or 2d Metroid, and unfuck their overall NA branch, they're dead to me.
>>
>>331079824
Tanabe said that about Prime he has no idea what Sakamoto's teams are doing he even stated that he doesn't know when Sakamoto will announce a 2D Metroid because he can't speak for him.

The Metroid series is split in two, so they have two Producers.
Sakamoto is the Producer of the 2D Metroid games (traditional main series) along with the entire series.
Tanabe is the Producer of the Metroid Prime series.
>>
>>331080147
So Fed Force is our new "Prime" style Metroid for the next five or so years? Just fucking great. Thanks Nintendo.
>>
>>331080224
Yes this is true. We still don't know what the traditional (2D) style is yet.
>>
Other M had good animations.
>>
>>331080224
Sad i know
>>
Does Federation Force have a release date yet? All I've been hearing is "spring".
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.