[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is nothing The Last Guardian can do against Shadow of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: the_last_guardian_2[1].jpg (398 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the_last_guardian_2[1].jpg
398 KB, 1280x720
Absolutely nothing, in SotC we fought giant colossus, how can you top that? simply, you can't, TLG will disappoint everybody, probably it'll be great but let's be honest, after all these years and being a sequel to SotC it is DOA.
>>
Well, I enjoyed ICO too
>>
>>331075570
>I DON'T LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 585x901) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 585x901
I dunno. I'm still okay with holding out hope in this case. Some groups just take a really long time. Look at odd world inhabitants for example. How many years were they dormant before coming back?

Pic not related.
>>
>>331075570
>Absolutely nothing, in SotC we fought giant colossus, how can you top that?

Fighting colossus with actual difficulty and different conditions. Connecting them together.
>>
File: Fleeting love.jpg (204 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
Fleeting love.jpg
204 KB, 600x423
Why does it have to top SotC's combat? You do realize Team Ico's games, even the only two that currently exist, are nothing alike, right?

Also, it's not a sequel to SotC. Until the game drops and is beaten, we won't know if the game will even have jack squat to do with its predecessors.
>>
>>331075570
what kind of penis does it have?
>>
>>331076650
Oddworld Inhabitants was actually shut down or something for the longest time, because the studio was basically stolen out from under the founder's feet. It was gone for so long because they were struggling to get it back, and eventually did.
>>
>>331076650

Not quite the same case. TLG has just been in a lengthy development due to Ueda being very precise about how he makes his games. Not only that, whatever they were striving for when it was still on PS3 clearly strained the system's limits, which led to its jump to the PS4.
>>
File: Ico_and_Yorda_at_the_Main_Gate.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Ico_and_Yorda_at_the_Main_Gate.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>331075570
It won't disappoint me since both of the Team Ico games are hugely different and I love them both.
Ueda is a genius mind at making compelling story and gameplay and I have no doubt they will do the same again.
>>
Team Ico's Duke Nukem Forever
>>
>>331079349

Except the game is coming this year.
>>
>>331079541
Sure it is anon. I bet you uncle at nintendo told you that.
>>
File: v7ftj7.jpg (26 KB, 957x537) Image search: [Google]
v7ftj7.jpg
26 KB, 957x537
Spoiler: In order to beat the game, you have to kill Trico.
>>
>>331078047
Lorne Lanning never lost Oddworld, he basically destroyed his own studio to stop EA aquiring them and their IP. It took almost a decade to get back on thier feet and multiple HD re-releases in order to get enough money for another major project.

Everyone hates EA, but for the wrong reasons. Making shitty games and money-scubbing are bad but shitty games are just shitty games, no harm done. EA's real evilness comes from aggressively absorbing smaller companies and ruining other people's work.
>>
>>331079604

It was literally announced for 2016 last year, idjit.
>>
File: 32748928357236.png (334 KB, 1104x850) Image search: [Google]
32748928357236.png
334 KB, 1104x850
>>331079604
It is anon. It's happening.
>>
>>331075570
Good, because SotC is a game where you fight a few bosses while platforming and the only real combat is "shoot an arrow" or "stab the glowing spot", while occasionally shooting lizards as you travel lengthy stretches of land. It's basically zelda with no dungeons and less weapon variety.
>>
it'll be a shitty puzzle platformer cause the idea was to make it simple for starter games for the ps3 now that they're making it for the ps4 with no innovation since the first
>>
>>331080017
>that obvious placeholder date
kek
>>
>PS Now Beta
>at friend's place
>we're browsing through the available games
>SotC
>tell him we should try it as it's widely regarded as a good game and I really wanted to see what the fuss is about.
>he reluctantly agrees as he is the stereotype casual that doesnt play more than what the PS Store tells him to buy
>start game
>he skips intro
>he immediately goes into the options to switch around the controls to what he thinks is better
>can't work the controls
>get irritated cause he can barely get on the horse/steer it properly
>"THIS GAME IS FUCKING SHIT"
>"let me try"
>i calmly do what the game says and beat the first colossus without dying on first try
>can't play/beat the game at my place cause I missed the PS Now beta
>friend doesn't want to play it because "it's a stupid fucking game with shitty controls"

The funniest thing is is that he said; "I get that this game would've been cool back in the PS2-era but now it's fucking terrible."
>>
>>331075570
IMHO Scalebound will be better.
>>
>>331080961

He sounds like quite the faggot.
>>
>>331081082
of course, let the dragon kill everything for you
>>
>>331081250
Yeah because you clearly know how the game will play out.
>>
The birb's gonna die.

I know it.
>>
>>331081376

Like you know how this game will play out, either.
>>
>>331080961
Heh, I had a friend like that back in 2007. I got the game for cheap from him.
>>
File: pcsx2 2016-02-04 02-28-08-24.webm (1 MB, 920x518) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2016-02-04 02-28-08-24.webm
1 MB, 920x518
>>331080961
Your friend sounds pretty irrational. for a game that has so much platforming variables with constantly moving set pieces, the controls work fantastically.
>>
>>331075570

Yes there is, OP: it can be its own game.

Are ICO and SotC remotely similar?

As usual you are a faggot and your opinion as worthless as your delivery of it.
>>
>>331081376
The game is called 'Trico the man eating eagle'. I have a feeling he might kill some people.
>>
>>331080961
I just played it a few days ago for the first time and agree. It was pretty lame and frustrating desu. Probably will sell it if the hard mode isn't any good
>>
>>331081636
The hard mode isn't much different at all. It's only worth it for the completionist and get the extra items that ng+ hardmode has, and white agro.
>>
>>331080961
If you haven't used it already you can get a 30 day trial of Ps Now. Pretty much the perfect amount of time to finish the few games worth playing on it.
>>
>>331081807
The app is in the PS-store but its undownloadable.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.