[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo Store
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: latest.gif (16 KB, 165x280) Image search: [Google]
latest.gif
16 KB, 165x280
Can some one explain why nintendo only puts so few games on virtual consoles?
Like their 64 has very little in selection, is it getting permission to sell these games again? and why so few on release? it doesn't take that much time to download older games.
>>
File: 1451448283176.png (298 KB, 620x500) Image search: [Google]
1451448283176.png
298 KB, 620x500
>>331073923
They got DK64 which isn't on the Wii, waiting for the day Mystical ninja, the other Bomberman games and Snowboard kids hit. Can't tell if they or lazy or if Konami's to blame.
>>
>>331073923
bump, fuck I want I want mystical ninja Starring Goemon so fucking bad, it wasn't a perfect game but it was one my favorites.
>>
>>331074173
ugh, Konami used to be so good with its shit, or maybe that's nastalgia, however they really pushed the bounderies back then.
At least we got DK64, but it seems really hard for them to get 64 3rd parties.
>>
>>331074305
In my opinion they became way to reliant on MGS Silent Hill went to shit years ago and canceling P.T. was foolish on their end, they could have brought back Contra like how Wayforward did Double Dragon and Shantae.
>>
>>331073923
I can beat Mystical Ninja on the 64 in about 5 hours purely because none of my memory cards work anymore. I have that game fucking memorized.
>>
Early on in the lifespan of the Wii, a Nintendo employee alerted Iwata of the fact that people can just buy Virtual Console games and nothing but Virtual Console games for the Wii. Nintendo doesn't want that because it means that their cheap old games are competing against and beating the expensive new games.
>>
>>331075000
I didn't have one so I had to beat it in one go.
plus
https://youtu.be/s-T_zRPgWBk
so fucking catchy
>>
>>331075274
wow is this true?
makes sense, but there weren't that many out during the time.
>>
>>331075368
Think about it, why else would Nintendo space out releases of VC games? Why else would it take them so long to re-release VC games that were already available on the Wii? Homebrewers know well how easy it is to inject a ROM into a Virtual Console title, so why would it take Nintendo so long to release a game like Super Mario Bros. 3 on the Wii U or 3DS?

It's because Nintendo wants you to wait on games so that you're forced to buy the expensive games on the console in the meantime.
>>
>>331075368
This is understandable but it would be nice to release them during droughts.
>>
>>331075531
guess it's also why retro is remaking all these games too, I want nintendo to keep making new shit but if the old keeps getting in the way it's no wonder they are holding back.
>>
>>331073923
Konami asked what people think about Goemon in their latest survey

they would probably get more reception if they would put something besides the first SNES game on virtual console. JP virtual console gets tons of Goemon games btw
>>
I wish Conker and the Banjo Kazooie games were released although that is pretty much impossible.
>>
>>331076073
What does it matter? The people that made Goemon have long since left Konami anyways.
>>
I think it's that n64 emulation is still kind of tricky.
>>
>>331078532
this
at least for n64 games, they have to make an emulator from scratch for each game
>>
>>331075290
Mystical ninjs thread.
http://youtu.be/oO__XbDF4PY
>>
File: smartbob.jpg (52 KB, 419x256) Image search: [Google]
smartbob.jpg
52 KB, 419x256
Licensing issues
Also most of the N64 games, including Goemon in your pic, used the Controller Pak for saving.
>>
>>331078409
>What does it matter?
Fuck you, it was in the survey
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.