[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have the urge to build shit, is there anything better besides S3/4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: The_sims_2.jpg (22 KB, 250x356) Image search: [Google]
The_sims_2.jpg
22 KB, 250x356
I have the urge to build shit, is there anything better besides S3/4?
>>
Wait for it.

Minecraft.
>>
>>331073631
Terraria
>>
>>331073631
You may try some engineering games.
>>
>>331073631
Minecraft.

It's not a bad game, especially in multiplayer with a group of friends.
>>
>>331073631

I can never get sims 3 to work right with the expansions....sims 2 I have shadow issues.

sims 1 music calls out to me
>>
>>331073764
Yeah I feel like /v/ would be still enjoying it if it the patches wouldn't push it to survival. I think everyone enjoyed creative aspect more. Modern playerbase doesn't help either. How expensive is the game now anyway? I always pirated it before
>>
>>331073686
>>331073764
I was going to mention it in the OP but Minecraft doesn't do much for me. I do mess with it on my phone when I have nothing else to do because its better than Angry Birds.

>>331073807
S3 is what I'm starting now and hoping is still the best cause open world and stuff, but there is a shit ton of reading to do in getting it to run right involving mods to clean up stuff to downloading replacements for world maps because the routing is shit. Once its running right it seems pretty good so far. But I'm not sure how it compares to 2 or 4 overall. Played the shit out of 2, if its still the best I'll reinstall it.
>>
>>331073901
I don't even mind the survival aspect, as long as you're playing on a server with keepInventory turned on. That means that dying doesn't make you drop stuff.

I think it costs about 27 dollars, these days. I think they have sales from time to time.
>>
>>331074004

I get pissed off when they put it on sale with all the expansions. They will never optimize it cause they got rid of the programmers also sims 4 is out so they don't give a fuck.

EA can go die
>>
>>331074031
>I don't even mind the survival aspect, as long as you're playing on a server with keepInventory turned on. That means that dying doesn't make you drop stuff.
Nah, it was fine. I mean, there should be some challenging gameplay elements, and losing items while dying to monsters/other players/own stupidity was enough for me. Then they've added hunger system, magic system, endgame, and I really didn't enjoy all of that. I feel like a lot of players felt that too and I think it is exactly why playerbase shifted so drastically.
>>
>>331074261
Having keep inventory off makes all that other stuff somewhat bearable. Enchanting isn't so bad. Having a pickaxe that mines four times faster than normal is pretty nice. The key is to mine coal. Mining coal gets you a shitload of EXP really fast and it's all over the damn place.
>>
>>331073631
Check out the /egg/ general on /vg/. There is a bunch of cool Building games there
>>
I will always regret not grabbing the free Sims 2 copy on Origin.
>>
>>331074375
I dunno, XP and enchanting feels like a gimmicky bullshit to me. I wish the game would take on engineering aspect and allow players to build something similar to BuildCraft.
>inb4 play buildcraft and other mods
Having all this stuff in vanilla means having everything constantly updated automatically with latest version of the game itself and on every server
>>
File: 1438503963408.png (158 KB, 504x334) Image search: [Google]
1438503963408.png
158 KB, 504x334
>>331074473
Me too.
>>
>>331074473
>>331074568
There is literally no reason to not torrent it, there is no online aspect whatsoever.
>>
>>331074181
Theres mods that make it playable. It seems like 90% of the lag comes from routing issues, which can be taken care of with Overwatch. Then theres also the world maps you can download that fix a bunch of routing issues anyways. But basically these 2 things bring you from a game that would freeze every 10 seconds to something that freezes up for a few seconds every 1 sim day to say like removed 50 cars.
>>
>>331074568

wow, it came with all expansions also.
>>
>>331074701

Listen here.......I have done that....all that.....I browsed nraas day and night....installed my game with no firewall......I have discs of expansions so it's super clean....I downloaded the patchs in the order it said i should.....everytime I get 10 hours in It goes slow to where I cannot even click anymore.

I've done SO MUCH SHIT IT TOOK A WEEK AND IT STILL DIDN'T WORK.

the fucked up thing about this.....I did this 3 times with new computer hardware praying it would work. I die each time I think about it
>>
File: Untitled.png (18 KB, 311x489) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
18 KB, 311x489
>>331074961
pirate it. i'm using 3 different groups various releases and its sparkling harmony.
>>
Will another Sims game ever get to the level of musical masterpiece that the Sims 1 achieved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujAUJN-VR8M
>>
File: 1443545726833.png (1 MB, 1047x1095) Image search: [Google]
1443545726833.png
1 MB, 1047x1095
>>331073631
I reinstalled Sims 3 with most of the dlc last year,
lost 3 weeks of my life without even realizing it

can't believe I'd forgotten why I had uninstalled it in the first place, shit's like crack
>>
>>331074961

Sims 3 is so horribly programmed that the sims programming and history in memory doesnt self delete after its duration. This means youll have wandering sims, houses with all the shit turned on, sims failing to care for the selves adding more scripts to process.

I downloaded NRAAS Overwatch and which clears scripts, resets their routing when theyre lost and shuts all the tvs radios ect off.
>>
>>331075210
Not that anon but I have the pirated black box of sims 3 with all expansions plus community items. when I play for more than a day real time the game starts bugging out i.e. Characters that go to sleep can't are permanently stuck in their bed, some npc's freeze and won't move at all. I fixed this for a while with dev console enabled but its just becoming too much. Will these fixes you talk about actually fix my problem?
>>
>>331074649
i did but my save got corrupt and i stop playing
>>
>>331076003
not that guy but
>>331075876 fixes most of the bugs related to slow downs and freezes. Scripts arent deleted so they literally just keep piling up until you cant play the game.

EA literally does not give a fuck and they shipped all these expansions thinking no one would ever have them all running at the same time.
>>
>>331076169
Thanks, I might be able to enjoy the game now.
>>
>>331076003
theres like a billion things to read on getting it to run good. i'm only a few days into this myself but to save you a lot of reading, you want these:

the mod that lets other mods of similar nature run
>http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

overwatch, stops s3 from spending a full minute trying how to route a sim when its stuck and instead resets it, among tons of other checks and cleanups
>http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch

fixed routing maps, basically replace maps youre going to play with these beforehand and your sims are much less likely to run into routing issues in the first place. what these don't fix, overwatch should grab.
>http://modthesims.info/m/1515002

there is a ton more reading and stuff you can do if you follow links in those links, but thats sort of the tldr of getting it to run pretty good.
>>
>>331076516
Thanks I've bookmarked all these links and will give it a try.
>>
>>331076115
That's on you
>>
File: 1344479463054.jpg (41 KB, 579x526) Image search: [Google]
1344479463054.jpg
41 KB, 579x526
>>331074701
>Theres mods that make it playable
That depends entirely on what you are able to deal with. I just want a stable consistent framerate and thats impossible. I have to deal with drops all over the place because the game is an unoptimized mess. I have an overclocked i5 and a 970 meme card and I installed it on my SSD. Can't maintain constant 60. The real kicker is if I turn off my vsync it will be anywhere from 200-2000 fps and my gpu will start screaming at me in agony - It will still have drops and jerky fps spikes. While I can deal with it because I've lived with it forever someone like Total Asshole would get butthurt over it. I guess thats what I get for being a lifetime fan and buyfag. I'm not giving EA another dollar for the sims, fuck them. Also fuck them for giving everyone Sims 2 for free, I mean its cool that people get it for free but motherfuckers I bought all the main expansions for TS2 at close to full prices fuck man. At least they are physical but still fuck man.
>>
>no sims 2 with every addon patched for modern os on origin
>no mass effect trilogy with all the dlc on origin

why does EA hate money???
>>
>>331077280
i'm on an i5 4690k and 970 myself, 16gb ram. my first day of playing isla paradiso went pretty good. the 2nd day i was getting entire game freezes for 10 seconds, every 10 seconds. something was definitely fucking wrong. thats when i started looking stuff up and found out how horrible its programmed, all the routing issues. so far i'm 2 days since installing the fixed world for isla, running overwatch and error trap, and aside from a hiccup every now and then (followed by an unrouteable sim message/cleanup, or something about cars etc that was cleaned up), its great.

as for your card, i had to turn vsync on in nvidia control panel. my card was making a nice whine during the loading screens. its fine with it on though - no whine. fps is all over the place depending what its doing. most of the time i'd say its 60, but even small camera transitions can drop it for a moment, and especially when theres a hiccup from background routing issues.
>>
I want to get the sims 3 but I'm not sure if the next sale will lower it enough for me to afford it. Is it worth it? How low does it usually go? If it isn't enough what should I do?
>>
>>331077772
>even small camera transitions can drop it for a moment
Yeah this really triggers my internal autist. Its never any big drops its always small ones and its usually during camera moves. I just wish the engine was good enough to run one of those giant custom maps, fully populated using nraas story progression without shitting the bed. Big populated neighborhoods are a wish I've always had, but the closest I was able to get had unbearable freezes due to all the bullshit piling up in the cache files and shit, even with the nraas mods.

>>331078103
As someone who paid money for the sims 3 and expansions, just pirate it.
>>
>>331078103
>I want to get the sims 3

no you dont, it doesn't even work. if you try to install even half the addons it runs like utter shit because the game itself can't handle it.
>>
>>331078103
its not worth it, pirate it.

dont give EA money for firing every original maxis member while at the same tip churning out an unoptimized piece of shit that will literally stop working if you play it without mods.

If you actually enjoy spending money on shit that doesnt work, go for it.
>>
>>331078259
last time i played sims 2 i had an athlon xp and a 256mb agp card, i'm pretty used to hiccups with these games. though its amusing since i play stuff like witcher 3 at max with no issues. its just badly programmed, but at least its playable with these mods. i don't have much hopes that sims 5 is going to bring back the missing features, and they aren't even half way done milking 4 yet. so 3 is as its going to get for a while.
>>
>>331078894
>>331078554
>>331078259
Allright, sounds like it's a poorly optimized game, so I guess I'll take all of you're advice just to avoid paying for something that might fail on itself at any second. Thanks, and cheers
>>
>>331079241
good idea, great game however, its my favorite sims game so far, they really nailed open world sim vill, just wish the towns were a little bigger and had randomly generated people come in and out
>>
>>331079517
Thanks for the advice
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.