[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, so I just got a PS2 because I never got to owned one when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (228 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228 KB, 1280x853
Ok, so I just got a PS2 because I never got to owned one when it came out (had a NGC) and heard it had a decent library.
So far I have
>MGS 2 & 3
>Sly Cooper 2
>Kindom Hearts
And I know I'm getting Persona 4 soon. (Not getting 3 because It's on the PSP, which is something I can easily emulate)

What are some other good games I should get?
Are there any reliable websites where I can buy this shit cheap?
>>
>>331064634
Sly Cooper 1 and 3
>>
Motherfucking God Hand, and DMC 3 Special Edition.
>>
I'm just going to offer a suggestion. Get a fat PS2 and a compatible hard drive thats 120GB (any bigger and the PS2 either can't read it at all or you won't be able to use past 120GB anyway). Do the OSD exploit (lots of youtube tutorials) and just put all your game isos on that. Never have to buy games and never need to deal with a worn out lazer.
>>
>>331064634
Is that the turtle from Undertale?
>>
>>331064895
It's Bentley you fucking melon
>>
>>331064717
What insentive is there to get the first game? Because from what I've heard 2 is a lot better, while 3 has gotten a few minor gripes.
>>331064826
Shit, never thought about DMC, I do like the occasional hack-n-slash, so it might get that.
>>331064832
Man I just fucking got the thing today, I have no idea how to tell what model it is.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (321 KB, 2800x2480) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
321 KB, 2800x2480
>>331065037
>>
SMT Nocturne. This game is one of the best on PS2.
>>
OKAGE
K
A
G
E

and wild arms and grandia
>>
Get sly 1 and 3 to complete the trilogy. Do the same with Jak

RPG
>Dragon Quest 8
>Dark Cloud 2
>Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2

Action/Arcade
>Devil May Cry 3
>Amazing Spider-man
>Maximo
>Armored Core 3

Personal Hidden Gem
>Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song
>>
Also here a handy and easy guide to hacking you ps2 with pictures. http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PS2/DEVICE_PS2.html
>>
>>331065153
It's the slim one then.
Meh, I'm sure they've got PS2 games for cheap somewhere anyways, and I really don't want to risk fucking up something I just bought.
>>331065326
>See Above
If I do do it, it will be when I've ran out of options with it.
>>331065160
>>331065202
>>331065252
Thanks, I'll try to get Jak and Daxter for sure.
>>
>>331065037
I'm not averse to buying games, by the way, I have 50 PS2 games myself. It's just with some game like Rule of Rose (a solid entry in the early silent Hill style games) being close to 400 it's the option that makes sense. I've also found the meme about weak lasers true in my experience.

A 50 dollar fat is well worth picking up.
>>
>>331064634
If you're gonna play P3P take this into consideration - you will play the game like a VN outside tartarus and Dark Hour, they removed most in-game models from cutscenes. They also removed anime cutscenes, replaced them with simplistic in-game ones.

They have also removed The Answer, which is a 30 hour expansion after the main story ends. P3P also adds P4's party manual control, which makes an already pretty easy game something pretty much babby tier as far as difficulty goes.

You may or may not care about these things, but it's something to take into consideration. Unless you're going to play FeMC, I recommend emulating FES instead.

Why not just emulate the games? All you need is a good processor and a decent mid-tier card to run 90% of PS2's library.
>>
>>331065437
I don't know if you like racing games but Ridge Racer 5 is a pretty good time, and usually like 5 bucks.
>>
>>331065437
Is your PS2 modded? If not, ya dum fucked up. There's exploits for PS2 thou, google it up.

You can just burn DVDs. They're still being made and are cheap as fuck so it'll cost like 5$ for a 25 pack.

Then just download ISOs from emuparadise or something and burn it on lowest speed (very important) using NERO.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 1024x768
>>331065458
Well, if it ends up fucking up in the future, I'll get it.
Till then, I'll use what I got.
>>331065518
Maybe I'll just get FES anyways.
Also I own a toaster, PSP is the only good emulation I get.
Plus I like to have something physical.
The only other console I own at the moment is PS4 and Wii U
>>331065769
Racing games aren't particularly my cup of tea, but there are some I like, so I'll think about it.
>>331065786
I got it at a vintage stop, so I'm sure it's not modded, at least I think it isn't.
I'll try to look into it, who knows, maybe it is.
>>
Play Okami OP. It's good.

Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles is actually pretty fun.

Ico and Shadow of The Colossus.
Ratchet & Clank. The first one is rough around the edges but 2 and 3 are masterpieces. It's like playing a naughty PIXAR film back when they were good.

Black is an insanely good shooter. SOCOM too.
The Warriors pretty much Fight Club the game.
Burnout 3 is also a very pretty fun game, spectacular accidents.

God of War is fun. Don't let /v/'s shit opinions dissuade you, the first two games are fun.
>>
>>331066789
>uzumaki chronicles
I remember having a good amount of fun with those
>>331064634
If you like skateboarding games
Tony Hawks Underground 1 & 2 are must buys
>>
>>331064634
>Silent Hill 2 and maybe 3
>Shadow of the Colossus
>Ico
>Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Most of the other obvious choices have already been mentioned
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.