[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Morrowind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Morrowind_1 (2).jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_1 (2).jpg
18 KB, 320x240
Time for the occasional Morrowind thread. Post concept art, lore, anything. About to pick a premade class and install a camping mod for immersion. The Scout class, I mean why not?
>>
>>331035334
That's not how you start a morrowind thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNXYrAkUntU
>>
>>331035334
>Post concept art, lore, anything.

Which is the only decent thing about this crappy mess of a game.
>>
>>331035967
Why don't you like it, anon?
>>
Was just playing a few minutes ago.

Have an imperial focused on enchantment, swordsmanship and speechcraft. I plan on making roughly the same build in Oblivion and Skyrim successively, to get a feel for how each game handled speechcraft and enchantment because those were two skills I never explored enough.

Mainly, I meta-gamed too much and exclusively used Azura's star and exploitative conjuration for grand soul permanent enchanting versus just buying and using cheap on-use artifacts like an artificer.

As for speechcraft, maybe Oblivion was where I used it the most because of the weird wheel system that was broken easy from what I recall. But otherwise, I'd just ignore speechcraft altogether or use a spell to raise disposition to max.

I've been enjoying it a lot in Morrowind so far, actually. Enchantment seems strictly better than traditional casting, because enchantments regenerate while magicka does not. Backwards compared to the later titles. And speechcraft has been really immersive. I can't really say that's it's been providing me empirical bonuses, but it forces me to interact with everyone in a settlement to improve my skills, and sometimes I learn things on the way.
>>
>>331037457
Speechcraft is a skill I really like in Morrowind, as it can be used to get cheap training and cheap goods. And it feels nice to have local shopkeepers as your friends. Also cheap on use artifacts? What do you mean by this, like...to train your skill? Enchanting in Morrowind seems near impossible so I never delved deep into it besides that it's near impossible/
>>
>>331037802
Oh I meant cheap as in inexpensive. Didn't realize how easy and inexpensive it would be to find rings, robes, shields, amulets that cast damaging spells, heal or restore my fatigue. I think everything I have so far has been under 200g and been impressively effective. Again, this is because enchanted on-use items regenerate charge over time without having to recharge them with soul gems, in Morrowind.

As I'm leveling up, my ability to swing my iron saber -- I've been wielding since Arrille's Tradehouse in Seyda Neen -- has outpaced my trinket damage. But I recently joined to mages guild in hopes of finding more powerful on-use artifacts. I might have to start paying them to make my own, but that's what is actually expensive. Maybe I'll try to make a few of my own again, but I only tried twice early on for some incredibly basic enchantments and they still failed.
>>
>>331037457
>>331037802
Speechcraft is more or less a wasted skill because bribing is just more effective and money is so easy to come by. But there are more major/minor skill slots than useful skills, so why not. I frequently use it as one of my filler skills for RPing purposes if nothing else.

Enchanting is really good, and Enchanters make the strongest characters in easly and mid game. Enchanting can essentially replace every other magic school except Unarmored and Alchemy by outsourcing all spells to "Cast on use"-items instead of casting them yourself. You can be a fully fledged mage on a pure warrior/thief characters by carrying around a bunch of amulets enchanted with your favorite spells.
>>
>>331039429
Assuming you can naturally get over the enchanting bump that is, or wait until much later when money is easy to come by, but at that point I'm sure it's natural to use enchantments anyway since it's late game.
>>
>>331035771
>Long Blade? What's that supposed to be? Whatever, destruction sounds cool I'll just pick that.
>>
File: races_ob_khajiit[1].gif (32 KB, 220x298) Image search: [Google]
races_ob_khajiit[1].gif
32 KB, 220x298
>>331040519
He responded to it, the absolute madman!

Always remember to hide Khajiit posts and ignore Khajiit posters.
>>
>>331041145
There's literally nothing wrong with Khajit. Now Argonians...
>>
how do i deal with the awkwardness of stunted mana earlygame?

i get that i should summon an ancestral spirit and let it hit me but then id have to find some kind of silver weapon that im proficient in to actually kill it
also maybe the Damage Health spells might actually get through after a while and not get absorbed?
>>
>>331043552
In TES's world 0 divided by 0 is 1. Magicka is also completely scales with your int attribute. Put those two together and you're making TES science.

You'll also never have to minmax in morrowind if you learn to experiment with the game's rules.
>>
>>331044295
I... don't follow
are you telling me to make a fortify intel by 0 spell and cast it on myself?
>>
>>331044961
Drain it brah. Flush all your int down the toilet for a second or less and you got yourself 100% magicka. The hard part about being a mage isn't running out of magicka. The challenge is trying to keep up with the spell cost and cast chance.
>>
File: 1344233132210.jpg (67 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
1344233132210.jpg
67 KB, 282x341
>>331045390
well shit
so after the spell clears your 100% magicka at 0 becomes 100% magicka at whatever it was originally huh?

interdasting
>>
>>331045390
I never knew that. Interesting thing that I never saw mentioned. It's like enchanting paper can actually make scrolls. I might try that just for shits and giggles.
>>
>>331042731
>nothing wrong with khajiit
>literally more nigger than the actual black people
>>
>>331042731
Both are filthy beasts, even elves are better than them, only a little though.

Nords are the master race
>>
>>331048658
Dark Elves master race. They can LITERALLY be used for anything. Imperials are literal jews in TES who wish they were as diverse. Nords are high tier though.
>>
>>331048658
>entire race of lummoxes so fucking stupid you can trick one into stripping naked and giving you all his stuff almost at will
>master anything
>>
Morrowind has the best main theme/music.
>>
>>331048998
Imperials are more like romans though
>>
>>331048065
It's better to get a mod for more enchanting paper. Vanilla paper is too rare and too weak for making anything useful.
>>
>>331045390
>>331046173
If you're going to cheat, why not just use the console
>>
>>331049725
Would you consider draining your skill to get cheap training cheating? Not totally related to this, but personally I wouldn't since it's been in Oblivion and left unpatched for both games. What they're referring to is more exploiting tho
>>
>>331035334
Oblivion has the best Intro

https://youtu.be/nGyw_0IG5s0
>>
>>331050313
And voice actors
>>
>>331049615
>tesVI won't have golden imperial templar armor
why live
>>
>Playing Morrowind or any Bethshit game when Witcher 3 exists
>>
File: 1456974863518.jpg (94 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1456974863518.jpg
94 KB, 640x640
>>331051281
>>
>>331050740
Oblivion had the samey voice actor problem like Skyrim did, but at least they didn't sound like trash albeit exaggerated at points. I REALLY hate the voice type for Farkas. I know there's a specific name for the voice type, but I detest it.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coherer
Apparently the Dwemer had primitive radio
pretty cool
>>
>>331035967

That game was released in 2002 and so far nobody could do a better job. But yes, it's a mess.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.