[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chinese company wants to buy Jagex for $300M
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: jagexlogo.jpg (504 KB, 3274x994) Image search: [Google]
jagexlogo.jpg
504 KB, 3274x994
>Chinese company wants to buy Jagex for $300M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLUjAJ_6JBc

>Both parties have responded positively

PLEASE REMOVE G.E
PLEASE REMOVE EOC
PLEASE REMOVE TIER SYSTEM
PLEASE REMOVE BONDS
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
please remove rs3

t. mod ash
>>
Think It's the same company that bought Riot?
>>
>>331020668
It isn't. The company that bought Riot is Tencent. Jagex is being bought by a failing mining company that wants a source of stable income.
>>
I feel like everything is being bought by the chinese
>>
>>331020252
As long as they run OSRS the same way I'll be fine.
>>
>>331021714
I was planning on playing OSR myself, but then they released bonds and made the game p2w.
>>
>>331021626
all their domestic investments are going down the shitter so they're trying to find wealth outside of the country
>>
>>331020252
WAKE me up
(CANT WAKE UP)
Saaaave meeeee
>>
>>331021803
Aren't bonds just for membership? I haven't noticed any adverse effects to gameplay, if anything it makes it possible for players with a good in game cash cow to become members for free.
>>
I mean it's not like the game can get much worse, and that's as somebody who plays it. MTX every week, you can quite literally buy gear for USD these days and the sense of achievements has gone down the shitter save for all 200m, which is whatever.

So hey, there ya go.
>>
>>331021803
Bonds are great. A bunch of retards buy them because think they make the game P2W and then they get smited for their AGS's and Bludgeons because they're terrible.
>>
I'm baffled Jagex still exists, but I guess children with bad taste will pay for anything.
>>
>>331021962

You can buy a bond for real money then trade it for in game gold. It's quite literally RWT.
>>
>>331021989
>Bonds are great.
The fact that some people who buy things with RWT (bonds) money lose that in PK'ing doesn't make bonds any less RWT.
>>
>>331022094
I guess but I still see way more noobs than high level members
>>
>>331020252
>PLEASE REMOVE BONDS
Haha no. I like being able to play the game without spending any real money.
>>
File: 1455991173012.png (162 KB, 1224x1137) Image search: [Google]
1455991173012.png
162 KB, 1224x1137
Daily reminder.
>>
>>331020252
>chinese mining company buys Jagex
>every skill in runescape is systematically removed except for mining and smithing
>game turns into an incredibly in-depth, high-detail mining/smithing simulator
>the chinese company hires the best players
>>
>remove bonds
the fuck? Do you really want to pay real money for membership again? If they remove bonds more people will simply buy gp from gold site you stupid faggots.
>>
>>331021803
Nothing you couldn't already do with gold sellers. Bonds just move gp around they don't create any.
>>
File: literally_reddit_the_man.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
literally_reddit_the_man.png
117 KB, 320x263
>EOC is bad
>>
>>331024018
>>331023939
You can really tell summer is approaching.
>>
File: yui why.jpg (36 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
yui why.jpg
36 KB, 500x409
>>331020252
That company is worth 1 pound, exactly.

Worked for them briefly in 2007 and had friends work there on and off over the years and it's the fucking pits. Even if you end up working on something that isn't runescape or a franchise tie-in.

The chinese can fucking have it.
>>
>>331024078
EOC was bad when it launched but it's gone through a lot of changes and is overall healthy for the game.
>>
>>331024198
I feel like EOC changes so much that it loses the 'Runescape feel'. That being said it's a lot better in the sense that I can't win boss battles against giant epic beast by clicking on them once and then going off to make a sandwich. Till Old school came around and tried their hardest to do something more interesting the game's combat was objectively shit.
>>
>>331024198
No it's not, the game lost over 50% of its entire membership base when EoC came out. How many times do I have to repeat this for you retards to get it through your thick fucking skulls? The reason for all this RWT shit is to make up for lost revenue by losing members over the years due to retarded updates such as EoC.
>>
>>331024198
>but it's gone through a lot of changes and is overall healthy for the game.

>07 consistently gets more players than EoC
>Healthy for the game
>>
>>331024104
>Worked for them briefly in 2007
Wasn't the company fine at the time? When was it the Gower brothers stepped out of the picture again?
>>
lmao 300m isn't a max cash stack what a bunch of fuckin noobs i bet none of them even have blue phats
>>
>>331024784

micro transactions came a year later I think
>>
>>331024682
>>331024697
Healthy for gameplay sake. I don't really care about how many other people are playing.
>>
File: yui explaining.gif (232 KB, 200x330) Image search: [Google]
yui explaining.gif
232 KB, 200x330
>>331024784
The change came on when they pushed the crazy one out first (Andy?) - the one that insisted on making everything in-house. After the thaw (think post-communist era), artists and programmers were allowed to use industry standard tools. Well, some of them. But it was still like working in a chicken farm. I'm going out to the pub now so can't answer any more questions - unless the thread is still alive after I come back after last orders.
>>
>>331025012
>Healthy for gameplay sake.
No. Because if it was, then 50%+ of the playerbase wouldn't have left.
>>
>>331020252
What's with the Chinese buying everything? What does this mean for Americans?
>>
>>331025012
>I don't really care about how many other people are playing.
Healthy would imply there's a positive player growth. Just because you like something doesn't make it good. The day of old RS are over, the community is long gone, and I hope you fuck your self.
>>
runescape sucked after they killed bandos in that shitty popularity contest
>>
>>331024018
rs is fun can you just watch it play out, i dont wanna spam shit to be efficient
>>
Pls bring back Arcanists.
>>
>>331020252
>chinese company buys Jagex
>all skeleton monsters are removed from the game
>>
>>331022094
>>331022213
Bonds are not even that valuable, you can easily grind their value in 5 hours of runecrafting
>>
BUY FULL HEALTH $0.99
*pachinko noise*
>>
>>331025267
>>
>first they tried getting rid of chinese gold farmers
>then they got bought by them
>>
>>331020252
Wasn't Jagex bought out years ago?
Isn't that why RS has been shit since 2007?
>>
How the fuck is jagex worth 300m, the game has less then 100k concurrent users.
>>
>>331028208
Jagex does other things, you know.

Not great things, but still.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.