[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New dwarf fortress myth generator.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Cdis1QxUAAArPVV.jpg (117 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Cdis1QxUAAArPVV.jpg
117 KB, 600x600
New dwarf fortress myth generator.
>>
File: CdiqFyuUsAAYQrK.jpg (77 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CdiqFyuUsAAYQrK.jpg
77 KB, 1024x768
>>331017926
both from gdc
>>
That does look very Dwarf Fortress.
>>
neat
>>
go on.
>>
great, let me know when they add graphics like every other game has had since 1985
>>
>dwarf fortress fake leaks

what the fuck man
>>
>>331019737
Don't think there is anything to go on. Those are apparently from some GDC twitter.
>>
>>331019913
What makes you think they're fake?
>03/07/2016Toady One Yeah, this month'll be a little odd. I added zones to adventurer sites, so you can assign companions homes and so forth, but I've also been working on cleaning up the creation myth/magic system generator a bit in time for the little GDC talk. That's coming up on the 14th, so it won't continue to be a disruption for much longer, and all the work will make it into DF anyway, so it's all good. More primordial beast viscera washing ashore than I expected, but that's okay.
>>
>>331020124
why would today one even be at GDC?
>>
>>331019913
they are real
I'm sure there is a video of it somewhere, just gotta find it
>>
>>331020153
Because he develops a game for a living?
>>
>>331020153
he even said he was going on the dev log you pleb
>>
>>331020225
it doesn't even matter if they are real of fake
>>
>>331017926
Dwarf Fortress was at GDC?
>>
>>331020449
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyA4QD_6-2A
>>
How much time would I have to put into Dorf Fort to understand what is going on?
>>
>>331020662
Too long. It takes like a week of hard work just to get the basics of it
>>
>>331020609
Holy shit does that mean that there's going to be magic in DF in the near future?
>>
>>331020662
Not long. It's a meme about how hard it is, just learn a few of the basic build orders (bwc for a carpenters workshop, dt for cutting trees, dd for digging into ground) and learn by doing. I taught my friend for about an hour and he was off from there no problem
>>
>>331020662
Depends if you're developmentally challenged or not. Took me a few hours to get the grips.
>>
File: 1446427240308.png (63 KB, 221x221) Image search: [Google]
1446427240308.png
63 KB, 221x221
>>331020824
>>331021741
>>
>>331020662
The commands are on the screen at all times by default.
If you mean that you want to know what every icon on the screen is just by looking at it, that is a whole lot easier when you are actually playing as opposed to looking at a screen shot.
If you're worried about the game itself actually being difficult, don't be. It becomes disappointingly hard to lose once you gain a basic grasp of how farming works and how to arm your dwarves. Just look things up on the wiki if you don't understand them.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.