[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know how to get over my boredom for games? I buy a bunch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: unnamed.jpg (32 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
32 KB, 426x240
Anyone know how to get over my boredom for games? I buy a bunch of games but end up shelving them an hour after play. Also, anyone else have this issue trying to play vidya?
>>
Maybe you don't find video games interesting anymore.
>>
>>331013059
Try playing some shorter games, Superhot or Momodora 4 for example
>>
>>331013059
Take a break, mate. I've taken months off gaming but I still comeback to it. If a game comes out that makes you want to play again then play it.
>>
File: call of duty.png (858 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
call of duty.png
858 KB, 1280x720
get a new hobby famalam
>>
>>331013059
im kind of the same way but im trying to break the spell. it's a matter of reminding yourself why you like games to begin with
>>
You know what you need? You need to play less popular games. Play niche titles, games that are not just more of the same. Maybe your tired because it's all more of the same and you're weary of the same thing over and over again.
>>
>>331013059
there's a couple factors imho to maintaining interest in vidya.

1 have a productive life and spend time outside everyday, hiking is literally the best second hobby to have with vidya.

2 don't play shit games, in fact I would recommend avoiding most AAA titles after 2012 and play older games instead

3 don't lurk /v/ so much or 4chan in general, this is a breading ground for apathy, you can't maintain an interest in anything if your emotionally zapped all the time.

honestly I don't think people 'grow out of videogames' I think people who are casuals as children grow out of it but people who have a deep and developed enthusiasm for the medium don't just grow out of it, they get depressed or have shit going on in their lives that their subconscious wants to focus on.

the best games for getting over vidya apathy are those with immediate risk and reward mechanics like fps or platformers or puzzle games, but you might have some other stuff going on in your life you need to get straight first.
>>
>>331014324
this
>>
New games just don't do it for me, but I put FF7 in last week, and I'm nearing the end of Disc 2 right now. It's not that you don't like video games, it's that video games in todays standard suck.

They should seriously put a warning label on shit nowadays

"MUST BE ONLINE TO PLAY. ONLY ONE TRAINING FEATURE AVAIBLE OFFLINE"

Online play hasn't been an interest of mine since WoW in the Burning Crusade days, I'd much prefer any online only game now to have a something to do offline.

Dark Souls has integrated online play done right, and gives you the option to go completely offline.
>>
>>331013059
sort your life out.
>>
>>331014324
Yeah, this.
>>
I feel you I have about 75 games in my steam library but no motivation to play any of them. Used to be my way of relaxing after coming homw from work. I really only get on now if a few of my friends arr playimg Dota

My other hobby is my Jeep but that's not something I can just unwind and tool around with

Any recommendations for nice comfy time waster games? Bonus points for soundtrack
>>
>>331014324
>1 have a productive life and spend time outside everyday, hiking is literally the best second hobby to have with vidya.
not op
this sort of works now, but 10 years ago I didn't need a productive life to enjoy video games 6 hours a day? is it just an age thing? im almost 28 now
>>
>>331015089

Skyrim with a comfy ENB and hunting mods
>>
>>331013059
play old games. all the new ones are shit
>>
>>331013059
Play good games, not shit.
>>
>>331013927
Each of her tits is bigger than her head, disgusting
>>
>>331018502

Yes, but it'd be worse if only one of them was bigger than her head.
>>
>>331013059
do something else for a while
go back to playing games when you feel like it
>>
Anyone know how to get over my insatiable lust for girls with smaller breasts?
>>
>>331019001
Why would you want to?
>>
>>331019001
Turn yourself in for being a fucking pedophile.
>>
>>331018782
Haha, funny
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.