[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harvest Moon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: 6-noscale.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
6-noscale.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
What are the best harvest moon games? i'm really in the mood for one but have only played friends of mineral town, and that was years ago
>>
>>331006084
Mineral town
A wonderful life
Hero of leaf valley
Story of seasons
Stardew valley
>>
>>331006613
Also rune factory 4 and the one on the GameCube
>>
>>331006613
is stardew valley good? it seems like another one of these early access titles..
>>
File: CXmVA9eWkAA3BwQ.jpg (50 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
CXmVA9eWkAA3BwQ.jpg
50 KB, 600x400
BACK
TO
NATURE
>>
>>331006084
Mineral Town was literally the last good one so you should go backwards to 64 or SNES, or just play Stardew Valley
>>
>>331006781
It's not in early access, and it has more detail put into it than any of the yearly-release Harvest Moon games of the last decade.
>>
>>331006781
Nah I got that impression too from the store page but I bought it on a whim and it's actually great. The farming is a blast and I really like the size of the farm, and the villager schedules feel more dynamic than typical HM fare. You can customize your character's appearance and play a girl if that's your thing. I would say it's a better Harvest Moon than any HM I've played, save the N64 one but that's just my nostalgia speaking. Pirate it if you're not sure, but it's definitely in my favourites, up there with RF3.
>>
>>331006781
It's still getting updates and features but it's a pretty complete game. If you've played all the listed ones or want to drop 15 dollars, it's highly recommended
>>
>>331006781
Early Access games have ruined me as well. Whenever I see an indie title on Steam, I Instantly assume it's early access trash. But after pirating the game on a whim, I realized it's actually a complete game and got insta-hooked. Bought the game on the next day.
>>
>>331006781
It's good but all the potentials are shit and there's too much real life drama going on in this fucking videogame.

If you avoid all the people though except superficially, you can avoid most of the bullshit and it becomes pretty comfy.
>>
>>331007136
>>331007224
>>331007256
totally gonna check that out then will there be Multiplayer? seems like there's rumors
>>
>>331006726
Rune Factory 4 has minimal "farming" elements to it, though. It's far more combat and crafting based.

If you try and take a break from the dungeons, it's all the townspeople will talk to you about.
>>
>>331007608
so theey basically force you into it?
>>
File: 73150_front.jpg (369 KB, 1159x1985) Image search: [Google]
73150_front.jpg
369 KB, 1159x1985
can we all agree that pic related is worst Harvest Moon?
>>
>>331007502
Multiplayer/co op is apparently coming in a future update. Can't wait to see what that does
>>
>>331006781
just got done playing it. it's amazing, and I'm one of those cynical ass holes that hates most games nowadays. It's legit really good. I was thrown off by the graphics and sprite work but people kept making threads on /v/ about it and the general is constantly going, so I thought "eh alright fine, I'll spend the 15 bucks and see if it's good." and I'm in love. again the graphics aren't amazing but the gameplay and pacing is solid.

I'm a pretty big harvest moon fan and this game is better than any harvest moon that has come out since BTN desu senpai
>>
File: jag.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
jag.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>331008293
I bought a copy when I got my PSP, because at the time it was one of the games that was needed to install CFW on it.

>mfw when I eventually decided to try it out.

They hell were they thinking?
>>
FoMT, BtN and AWL are objectively the best ones.
>>
>>331007007
I wonder how much Hero of Leaf Valley added and changed to Back to Nature. Not that I played much of BtN in the first place - only enough to get Katie's ending despite trying to befriend Dia and Lyla.

In hindsight, saving a town from a company that wants to turn it into an amusement park by baking a really good cake was a rather silly idea that shouldn't have worked.
>>
Magical melody
>>
>>331008839
tell us about it
>>
>>331006084
back to nature/friends of mineral town
HM64
HM SNES
a wonderful life
magical melody
and all of the rune factory games bar tides of destiny

disregard anyone who tells you anything other than those listed above. stardew valley is a better HM game than all of the HM games since like 2007
>>
>>331006781
It's worth the money but after ten hours or so you will be PAINFULLY aware that it was made by a single person
>>
>>331011119
Dont you get tired of shilling starshit valley?
>>
>>331011748
only telling the truth family
>>
>>331006613
>A wonderful life
No.
Wonderful life has nothing to do.
>>
>>331011748
You're right, after like 40 hours the game does slow down a bit. Should've demanded 80 hours from a 15 dollar game
>>
>>331006084
I've only played the very first one for SNES, GBA, DS, and GameCube.
I don't know the exact names for the Harvest Moon games on the latter systems.
>>
How are the characters in Stardew Valley? I haven't played a HM game since the Gamecube but the best parts of RF 3 and 4 were the liveliness of the villages and characters.
>>
>>331012751
>tfw I've played for 80 hours and probably another 20 hours until I complete everything
send help
>>
>>331013084
Their routines are pretty varied and they've got some personality and decent cutscenes. All the marriage candidate portraits are pretty ugly though, but you can mod them easily
>>
>>331006084
Story of Seasons
>>
>>331012672
but muh atmosphere
>>
>>331013314
Not until the multiplayer/co-op is implemented first, anon.
>>
STARDEW VALLEY!!!!
>>
who is best girl in stardew valley?
>>
>>331008293
Huh, I actually have fond memories of this game...
>>
File: Act16_BD_022.jpg (263 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Act16_BD_022.jpg
263 KB, 1280x720
I'm really liking Animal Parade so far, it's fucking cute as heck and it finally runs at 25 fps.
>>
>>331006781
It's not early access.

The creator waited for three fucking years to release it until the singleplayer was done.
>>
>>331009112
You're confused, Hero of Leaf Valley is an updated Save the Homeland. Back to Nature is the PS1 game that was ported to the GBA as Friends of Mineral Town
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.