[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yeah but how do we fix this game for the 21st century scene?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: Morrowind_1.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_1.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
Yeah but how do we fix this game for the 21st century scene?
>>
>>331005502
graphics+good combat
>>
>>331005861
Fuck off, it's a trick question. Game is perfect.
Find a flaw.
You can't
>>
Change graphic to pixel art and tell that this is indie game
Plebians would love that
>>
>>331006158
this would work just fine
>>
>>331005502
remove stamina rolling whether you hit

swinging 50 times and the animation being no different whether you hit or miss is the worst feature in the game. ESPECIALLY for people that never played it before
>>
>>331005502

I feel that running should be treated the same way as fighting. Sometimes you should fail at running and fall over. The chance of this happening would be tied to your fatigue and athletics skill.

The same should go for jumping. If you have a low acrobatics skill, I'd like it if the player character would fail to jump. Maybe just display a message that read "jump failed" or something.
>>
>>331005919
Easy, the walk speed. Nothing more fun than casually strolling at a cripple's pace to the next plot coupon, am I right?
>>
Skywind
>>
>>331006861
There's a skill for that...
>>
Fix the:
1 dialogue
2 animations
3 quests
4 brown-ness everywhere
> inb4 "b-but it's unique brown-ness"
>>
>>331005919
>Find a flaw.
graphics and combat
>>
>>331005502
make interesting quests. Those are always nice in a quest-centric game
>>
File: Just.jpg (128 KB, 358x350) Image search: [Google]
Just.jpg
128 KB, 358x350
Remove long travels
Remove locked out content
Remove dice rolling
Remove equipment
Remove stats
Remove leveling
Remove lore
Remove quests
Remove dying

Just fuck my shit up Bethesda.
>>
File: DagothUr.jpg (68 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
DagothUr.jpg
68 KB, 1024x576
>>
File: po.jpg (7 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
po.jpg
7 KB, 318x159
>>331005502
You don't. If anything you just re-master it so it looks alright running on better equipment than it was meant for, then you put it up for sale.
People don't pay to go on trips to see historical shit because it gets "fixed" like would you go see the leaning tower of pisa on vacation wouldn't you be a little bit pissed off if they replaced it with something else to make it better and "fix" it?
>>
Fix:

Dialogue
Animations
Saturation
Music (Morrowind soundtrack is really short and it's one of the few aspects in which Skyrim is superior)

I love morrowind but anyone who denies its flaws obviously hasn't played it in fucking years
>>
>>331007938
I understand the other 3, but I don't see how dialogue would be fixed. There's no way they can voice all of Morrowind without cutting back content since you'd be listening to people forever.

Either way I don't mind the way morrowind presents dialogue.
>>
>>331008221
or just make non-quest NPCs say something unique instead of being Wikipedia stub articles
>>
>>331007161
>coming in 2052
>>
>>331007938
Literally just played two days ago, yesterday, and will play more today. Completely vanilla.

Everything you listed is fine, while the music is fantastic (listening to the soundtrack right now). Of course, if Bethesda were to officially re-release it I think it would make sense to incorporate some of the most popular mods and patches.

Also I'm not sure if any mods do this, but it might make sense to include better tooltips or otherwise convey information like fatigue effects or enchanting and speechcraft success rate, among other unknowns whose workings become known only through experience or research. Still, knowing that you, for example, have a 55% chance of succeeding a speechcraft check might not be a good thing. Some of this kind of information might better remain obfuscated.
>>
>>331007161

Morroblivion
>>
>>331006158
brilliant!
>>
Add more animations for when your attacks miss

Port it to an engine that takes advantage of multi core CPUs

Add minor upgrades like increased resolution support

Fix bugs

thats it
>>
>>331008221

Text-based dialogue is great cause it allows for, well, more dialogue than if it was voiced. But a simple fix would be to sort topics so it'd look like this, just an example.

Unique:

mudcrab problem
[npc name] (makes him/her tell about him/herself)

Generic:

Balmora
Empire
Breton
Redoran
etc.

Misc:

Solstheim

>>331008632

good points

as for the music I mean the soundtrack could be longer cause you hear all it has to offer within 2 hours
>>
>>331005502
Have steams install link to openmw's download page.
>>
>>331009414

>Solstheim

A terrible place I've heard. There's a boat from Khuul if you have any reason to go
>>
>>331010009
balmora
>>
>>331005502
I be a consolefag
They should remaster this for the PS4
>>
>>331005502
Give the game a proper dialogue system and some better side quests for the main game. The combat is fine.
>>
I recognize it's a better RPG than Skyrim but I love playing Skyrim and get easily bored in Morrowind's unresponsive and inhuman gameplay/story/dialogue.
>>
I'm really enjoying these daily Morrowind threads.
/tesg/ is garbage.
>>
>>331005502
Put quest markers in, have every named character unkillable, voiced protagonist with established backstory, stamina does nothing except tell how long you can run and how much you can carry, and gives you a set of daedric armor within the first 30 minutes of the game.
>>
>>331005502
We don't. It's perfect the way it is.
>>
>>331005502
>how do we fix a game released in the 21st century for the 21st century scene?
>>
Drastically increase stamina regeneration (buff hand-to-hand to compensate).
Make NPCs unique instead of walking encyclopedias (or at least sort the keywords so the unique ones are at the top and the generic ones can be hidden).
Improve the controls/physics for projectiles.
Add more music.
Improve stealth mechanics.

Otherwise it's fine.
>>
There is already a mod for unique dialogue so thats fixed, combat and better graphics are the only major issues left.

Anyone who think skywind will be any good or capture the magic of morrowind in any way disgusts me.
>>
The 21st century scene is garbage, morrowind is garbage, you are garbage
>>
>>331005502
Action game combat instead of rng diceroll combat
Less speech choices (they are useless in this game anyways, no one can bother read trough them all)
Voiced speech
Waifus
Better graphics
>>
>>331017607
Oh ye and forgot that the game should have fast travel. Preferably so that you can travel to biggest cities even without finding them first.

I always hate in skyrim games that you have to walk long distances before getting to the action.
>>
>>331017607
>no one can bother read trough them all)
>Voiced speech
Just because you suck at reading dosnt mean the rest of us do..
and no voice acting. Not every game needs voice acting.
>>
>>331017607
>>331017802
Perfect example of how not to approach a Morrowind remake, or spiritual successor even.

It seems legitimate enough to not be bait, but it's at least a pristine, bow-tied example of modern vidya culture and precisely what enthusiasts take issue with.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.