[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good? getting it free if that matters any.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: lords-of-the-fallen.jpg (272 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
lords-of-the-fallen.jpg
272 KB, 1152x648
Is this any good?

getting it free if that matters any.
>>
I liked it quite a bit. It's totally a Souls clone though, through and through. Some things it does worse than Souls, some things it does worse.

For free? Yeah, jump on that.
>>
>>330999802
no not really. maybe if you're really starving for a souls like game and can't wait for DS3.
>>
>>330999802

Yes.

Kind of short, but it's definately worth a playthrough or two.
>>
>>330999929
so it just does worse things?
>>
>>330999802
>Is this any good?
It's really, REALLY mediocre.
>>
>>331000192
Nah, that's a typo. Some things are better.
>>
>>330999802
The atmosphere is really cool. Game play is pretty much the same as the Souls games. It's short, though.

I like it more than the Souls games
>>
>>331001773
>The atmosphere is really cool
I see what you did there.
>>
>>331001773

In a way I also like it more than DaS. You can actually tank with heavy armor and without a shield and not rely on dodging. It's fun like hell wandering around with a massive two handed sword and the heaviest armor available. You really do feel like a walking medieval tank.

Plenty of good things with the game, but goddamn it's short. Nice replayability and compact world, but way too short.
>>
>>331002578
So you like the game because you don't have to bother to react to attacks?
>>
>>331002931

Because it opens up more than only one kind of way to survive attacks. In DS you are forced to dodge/block, in LotF you can also choose to carry extremely heavy armor to tank. The downside is that you have a terrible roll and is slow as hell, so it balances itself out.
>>
>>330999802
Been playing on the Xbone for the past couple of hours and it's pretty fun. The combat is nice and meaty and it looks pretty nice. It clearly took its inspiration from Dark Souls, but it's nowhere near as challenging. I've only died once so far and that's only because I couldn't work out how to use a health potion on the first boss.

Can't complain for free*.
>>
>>331003171
As though there isn't extremely heavy armor that allows the player to Tank hits in Dark Souls? Or are you saying that the heavy armor reduces damage so much in LotF that you don't even have to heal eventually?
>>
>>331003556
>As though there isn't extremely heavy armor that allows the player to Tank hits in Dark Souls?

Nowhere near the stuff in LotF.

>Or are you saying that the heavy armor reduces damage so much in LotF that you don't even have to heal eventually?

Of course you need to heal since battles become based on attrition rather than blocking or dodging. You obviously benefit greatly from blocking and the occasional dodge, but if you like you can take a whole bunch of hits for a few health potions.

Do note however that in LotF, each time you replenish your potions your XP multiplier is reset, so tanking isn't that viable of a tactic against certain bosses or enemies.
>>
>>331000501
I can't think of a single one, your first post was spot on.
>>
Pretty boring, but obviously a competent game.
>>
One thing that really stood out to me was that, when you have you shield hitched to your back, it actually deflects enemy backstabs and arrow projectiles. I loved the fact that they actually implemented that mechanic. Souls better get it right this time.
>>
>>330999802
Perfomance is pretty shit on PC
>>
>>331001773
me too

its more laid back and not so tryhard on the story as souls is even tho voice acting is terrible
>>
>>331005641
No it isn't.
>>
File: rzXLkHb.jpg (68 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
rzXLkHb.jpg
68 KB, 530x530
Its a souls clone that did the one thing it couldn't do wrong...wrong. The combat.

Its slow, like gruelingly slow and extremely clumsy. I guess the idea is that the weapons are big and heavy so he would realistically swing them very slowly and deliberately, but that is one of those realism things that has to go to the wayside when making a video game. Think about swinging a greatsword you don't have the stats for in Dark Souls, but even worse, and all the time.

The combat is just slow and lethargic. Shit, the character movement in general is just shit. You can't dodge for shit, moving your character feels like you are wading through clay.

Also, the story isnt even interesting, and the main character is boring as a plank.
>>
>>331006080
My personal experience was thinking it was okay for the first two bosses and then encountering a series of knight dudes with large shields that wouldn't unblock for what felt like hours and I just got so bored and immediately uninstalled it.
>>
>>331006248

I was super stoked for it before it came out, I was keeping track of its development and watching all the teaser videos, which is rare for me to do.

When it came out I was really excited to play it, but it just did not hook me at all. The combat was just so fucking slow I got bored in the first couple hours.

The graphics were really nice, though.
>>
its alright

they made the parrying pretty easy and gave a lot of iframes but the magic and the gauntlet are awful
>>
>>331005738
A lot of people have fps issues and/or game crashes.
There are several tweaking guides/videos trying to help solve the issues people have.
>>
It's mediocre but a good game to play until DS3. Had fun with it though, I'm expecting the sequel to be a lot better.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.