[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT:Fuck you I liked it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Fallout3_Cover_Art_PC.jpg (860 KB, 1000x1408) Image search: [Google]
Fallout3_Cover_Art_PC.jpg
860 KB, 1000x1408
ITT:Fuck you I liked it.
>>
FO3 was alright, I just liked 1, 2, and NV a lot more.
>>
>>330993706
what was so much better in NV than 3 because I didn't enjoy NV at all and loved 3. yet seems like NV was superior to 3
>>
>>330994195
The writing, for one, was vastly better. Quest writing and general dialogue. The world was more logically designed which helped me really get into it (crops and herds where there wasn't anything like that in 3). The quest structure generally allowed a significantly higher degree of choice. The story was actually really good, unlike 3. Also, having actually grown up and lived in New Mexico and Arizona, the world felt like home so that did sort of have personal meaning for me. Disregarding personal bias I think they nailed the look of that region much more than DC, even an apocalyptic version of it. I also appreciated the few additions to RPG mechanics although both 3 and NV are limited compared to the first two.

I also liked all the DLC a lot more than anything in 3, except maybe Point Lookout. They explored some really interesting themes even if they didn't always nail it. Overall I feel it was a much more competent game than FO3 and treated the player as equally competent, whereas I felt FO3 often babied me or felt insultingly simple for a successor to FO1/FO2.
>>
>>330993581
I did too. I never found that anything was that wrong with it.
>>
>>330995627
The writing was mediocre
>>
>>330993581
3 was my first fallout so i have fond memories of it but it was kind of meh in reality.
>>
>>330993706
>>330994195
>>330994975

I'd like to weigh in on this a bit;

I really like both 3 and NV. I played 1, 2, MW and OB so I was pretty hype for F3. But it dropped the ball in some areas;

For one, apart from Washington DC, the landscape is all flat. You can point your nose in any direction and just walk until you reach the end. This makes the world feel so much more smaller, because there's no canyons, mountains - or anything - that you have to walk around. Oblivion did the same thing. I don't know what happened to Bethesda there in the mind 00's, but they fucked up two game worlds in a row.

Also, in NV every faction, drug and mutation has a reason for being there.
What the hell is Jet, the Brotherhood of Steel and super mutants doing in the capital wasteland? It all feels shoehorned in because Muh Fallout, but people forget that Super Mutants were creations of the villain in Fallout 1. On the west coast. And there's a limited supply of them. Suddenly, they're all over america? That makes no sense. The same kinda goes for Jet.

The game makes it clear that there's no east-west coast trade or contact going on at all. the Brotherhoods have no contact with each other. So how'd jet get there? A drug fabricated way over in Reno?

Eh, you get the idea.
In NV none of this felt contrived. But in FO3 it was just to much. All of this shit just somehow miraculously ended up here as well?
>>
>>330993581
Fallout 3 is a firm 6/10
>>
>>330993581
I enjoyed it initially but I seriously have trouble going back to it after playing new vegas. It just feels like new vegas' retarded little brother.
>>
File: Bawl Box Art.jpg (663 KB, 800x1126) Image search: [Google]
Bawl Box Art.jpg
663 KB, 800x1126
>>330996250
The writing ranged from campy-funny to I'm embarrassed to play this while other people are in the room.

>>330993581
I like Brawl. The game play was shit, but its 10/10 roster is under appreciated, and fuck you I also liked PM.
>>
>>330997775

I generally hold Fallout NV to be a superior game.
But 3 has those awesome fucking metro tunnels, filled with feral ghouls. Man I love crawling around in those.
>>
>>330997410
I think the game explains that their Airship crashed near DC and they split into 3 groups, Lyon's Pride, The "Outcasts" and Ashir's group. as for Jet, it's possible that some drug peddlers came by and somehow massed produced and spread it all over the wasteland
>>
>>330993581
i have 3200 hours on skyrim desu, thought it was the shit. /v/ shitposted that it sucked cock so i went back and bought oblivion and morrowind. Morrowind has an interesting story, and elder scrolls gameplay, but to me oblivion wasn't great, i gave it 100 hours, modded it and what not but it didn't stick to me like skyrim did, maybe its just that i started out with skyrim but i just liked it more, is it just a meme? If you mod it the game is really fantastic, and even if you just vanilla through it i put 700 hours before i started modding.
>>
i played it for like 300 hours when it came out but after new vegas i could never go back
>>
>>330998125

yeah, I have less of a problem with BoS being there, since we know from beforehand that they actually expanded throughout much of america, as per the events in Fallout: Tactics. But still. Come on... There's just to many stuff they threw in there except of coming up with their own shit...
>>
I legitimately enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever and Doom 3
>>
>>330998318
My only problem with the BOS in 3 is that the ones that are actually doing their jobs are the Outcasts
>>
>>330998015
Yeah I'm not saying it's bad mind you, it's just definitely worse. It has some cool quests and the DLC was fairly enjoyable
>>
>>330997775
I have it the other way around. The story bored me as it's the same no matter who you side with its always the same, khans, boomers, brotherhood.... and exploring seemed so dull, there was hardly any random encounters and the world felt dead.
>>
File: Fallout 4.jpg (330 KB, 1326x1512) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4.jpg
330 KB, 1326x1512
I wouldn't say it was worth 60$ or is a good Fallout, but I still had some fun. I feel like mods are a requirement for this one, though. Maybe I'm just trying to fool myself that Todd didn't completely kill me.

>Mod that lets you know what you're going to say jesus christ what the fuck man
>Mod that silences player's voice
>Mod that makes T-51 better than T-60
>Mod that changes T-60's name to T-48

>>330993581
Fallout 3 was okay. I could only ever play it in TTW and with Enclave Improvement Project, though.
>>
>>330996250
Your the mailman that's suddenly famous, you follow a U shaped road HP to Vegasz shoot a guy, now suddenly wanted by two big armies. Kinda like in DS, moslty linear path, then less direct second half. FO3 was more of a story-ish game, with the son going to find his father, and getting involved with the project that he lead, fighting for the good of the wasteland against a hidden threat.

DC was a nice area, just that flat area all around it kinda sucked. Random events were cool. NV was almost entirely the flat boring area. Just now wiht more caves.
Both games have flaws but the argument "writing is shit" or "writing was better" is utterly worthless because no one actually says why. Also writing wasn't perfect in any of the games. Half of it dead money doesn't make sense. Then again, IT IS A GAME.
>>
>>330997410
The fo3 super mutants are no the same ones from fo1&2. Different fev strain, experimented with in a vault. Mariposa and the master was an accident wktbt the guy falling in the green shit.
>>
>>330993581
Fuck you I also liked it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.