[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the greatest video game of all time.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5
This is the greatest video game of all time.
>>
>girl gamers actually believe this
>>
>>
>>330992887
Its pretty good
>>
Whylight Princess was the game that made Gamer girls exist, or at lease got them into LoZ.
>>
>>330993148
No it isn't.
>>
>>330993324
Yes it is.
>>
>>330993142
>Mmmm, nyyeeeesss, according to my professional gaming credentials, I believe Twilight Princess on the Nintendo Gamecube console deserves an 8.9 - No, an 8.8. Nyeeeeesss.
>>
>>330993142
>newfags won't remember this
>>330994559
get out
>>
File: 1451193999967.gif (525 KB, 441x300) Image search: [Google]
1451193999967.gif
525 KB, 441x300
>>330994559
>>
>>330992887

I played it for 55 hours and loved it when it came out but then I played OoT and I have to admit that Oot is better (in absolute terms) and TP is a bit of a ripoff of it.

I think TP is what you get when Nintendo listens to its fans, and they should never do that. /v/ babbies don't know what makes a game good. If Nintendo listens to them then all the future games will be The Elder Scrolls: Hyrule
>>
>>330995472
>I have to admit that Oot is better (in absolute terms) and TP is a bit of a ripoff of it.
TP is objectively better in terms of combat, story, and puzzles. You're clearly judging them by some sort of nostalgiafag standard, and not actually by the gameplay.
>>
>>330993197
Hahahahaha

No, Anon. Not even a little. They were always there, especially for LoZ.
>>
>>330993142
>8.8
And a fair score imo.
>>
>>330995932
It's an arbitrary and random score. Just be a normal person and give it a 9/10.
>>
>>330995653
>played TP before OoT
>nostalgia

If you're going to use buzzwords, at least know when to use them.
>>
>>330995653
>objectively
>Story
You're a special kind of autist, aint'cha?
>>
>>330996079
If you prefer an older game, despite that it's not actually better in any significant way, you can still be a nostalgiafag. You're just going off of other people's nostalgia and giving an agreeable and popular opinion.
>>
I am playing the TP HD and it has some serious flaws

>Beginning of the game is terrible, it starts so fucking slow, horrible pacing

>Tedious and stupid quests like collecting the Tears from those stupid bugs

>Slingshot is pretty useless, it becomes obsolete

>Lots of backtracking

>Temples are a miss or a hit, some are actually well designed and you must use your brain to solve them, others are pretty meh

>Easy as fuck enemies, even with Hero mode.

It's honestly a 8/10 game.
>>
>>330996102
No, they're just trolling.
>>
>>330995993
I see your point, but 9 and up puts it in the "excellent" range. I think it falls slightly short of that. 8/8.5 would be a little too harsh though. I think they got it right.
>>
>>330995653
It also has a wolf and a variety of shit unskippable minigames
>>
>>330996256
>if you prefer an older game to a new one, you're a nostalgiafag
>what's that? you played the older game later? you're just piggybacking on other people's nostalgia then

4/10 got me to reply.
>>
File: Mahboi.gif (3 MB, 384x239) Image search: [Google]
Mahboi.gif
3 MB, 384x239
Real best zelda game coming through
>>
>>330996373
Basically the same game, nothing "HD" just new res and shitty textures
>>
>>330996102
You're a special kinda retard, aren't you. You're not quite using your brain if you think OoT's story is good.
>the only thing that allows Ganondorf to return is opening the door of time
>protagonist sent on a quest to open the door of time, to stop the evil which he allowed to return
This alone is disingenuous and destroys the entire story. But there's more.
>Zelda disguises herself to teach Link songs and give him other information
>randomly takes off her disguise right in the open for NO REASON and gets kidnapped because of it
How am I supposed to take this shit seriously? Joke of a story, especially compared to TP's god tier story.

Oh, also, one story can be objectively better than another. There's a little thing called "quality". Just because you can be a contrarian doesn't mean everything is subjective. I mean you can sit here and go "I like to eat poop!", does that mean poop should be taken as seriously as a dish as spaghetti?
>>
>>330996471
>If I post it in greentext, that makes it not true somehow
How upset are you that I hit the nail right on the head?
>>
>>330996863
I'm quoting you to show how much of a retard you are. You seem to think people can't think something old's better than something new without it being influenced by other people's opinions.

You seem to think everything new must be inherently better than the old which isn't the case.
>>
>>330997128
>You seem to think people can't think something old's better than something new
>You seem to think everything new must be inherently better than the old which isn't the case.

>uses these strawman arguments - just because I said OoT isn't better than TP specifically
No, it's the opposite you idiot. You think just because you say something old is better than something new, that must mean it's true and nobody is allowed to question it. Even when you're saying a shitty game like OoT is better than a great game like TP.
>>
My biggest complaint about TP is that the dungeons are way to simple
>>
I dunno about all that but it is my personal favorite.
>>
>>330992887
It's not even in the top ten Zelda games.
>>
>>330997402
>Even when you're saying a shitty game like OoT is better than a great game like TP.
>the irony
Holy fuck, an anon says they like OoT over TP and suddenly that means they think they're right and everyone else is wrong. Now who's strawmanning?
>>
>>330992887
it's trash.

>environmental cutscenes whenever you enter a new room in a dungeon
>handholding
>door opening animation that takes ages
>shit tier hyrule town
>shit tier kakariko
>even more cutscenes
>ugly characters
>shitty forced wolf parallel world

I'd replay WW instead.
>>
>>330998114
and shit soundtrack too.
>>
>>330992887
How can that be if the HD version is superior in every conceivable way?
>>
>>330997897
>>the irony
>Holy fuck, an anon says they like OoT over TP and suddenly that means they think they're right and everyone else is wrong. Now who's strawmanning?
Uh, you? And you also don't know what irony is. IQ and age?
>>
>>330992887
It's not the greatest video game of all time OP.
But it's the best Zelda game of all time

>>330994559
Will you fuck off
>>
>>330998114

Hyrule Town really isn't any worse in TP. It's different as Hyrule Town had a greater focus on minigames and shops but TP's has like 3 or 4 subquests associated with it. Kakariko is pretty weak compared to previous renditions, though.
>>
>>330998556
The way it was filled with shells of people you couldn't even talk to made it feel more dead than anything.
>>
>>330998484
The irony is you're saying they were forcing their opinion on everyone while doing the exact same thing yourself.
>>
I like it!
>>
File: 1438339625789.jpg (10 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1438339625789.jpg
10 KB, 255x255
>>330992887
>>
>>330998484
Not that anon but the thing that makes OoT the better game is the fact that it's not as piss easy (still pretty easy though) and the pacing. I was playing through TP again recently but there's so much filler content keeping me away from getting to the new content. And it doesn't matter if you have more moves in combat if the game doesn't require them from you, you're never needed to pull anything cool off because the enemies just die in a couple of hits anyway.
>>
>>330998774

Okay, but for the actual content it had it's not really a bad Hyrule Town, it just has a shitton of NPCs you can't talk to.
>>
File: 1458050338272.png (27 KB, 83x129) Image search: [Google]
1458050338272.png
27 KB, 83x129
>>330992887
Why are Zeldafags so full of themselves?
>>
>>330997128
Then quote what he actually said, don't strawman it.

He didn't say
>if you prefer an older game to a new one, you're a nostalgiafag

He said
>If you prefer an older game, despite that it's not actually better in any significant way, you can still be a nostalgiafag.

If you honestly believe there is no difference, then there is nothing else to discuss. Everyone can draw the conclusion that you are a fucking moron.
Now try again and prove you are not.
>>
>>330996751
I never said TP's story was better or worse than OoT.

What makes a story good for you doesn't make a story good for everyone else.

Example : The Story of Dark Souls is obtuse and vague. To some there is value in that. To others there is no value in that.

Firstly, Ganondorf doesn't "Return" in Ocarina of Time, that's the first Ganondorf. Unless you mean Demise. But we don't know that Ganondorf is Demise at this point and won't until Skyward Sword, additionally Ganondorf doesn't even have the Triforce of Power until Link opens the Temple of Time and Ganondorf steals it from the Sacred Realm.

I would also argue, someone playing the game for the first time does not know that Ganondorf is trying to open the Door of Time, but only that he wants the Spiritual Stones. One could argue that the opening of the Door of Time is so that you can stop Ganondorf from getting that power.

I can't argue the whole Zelda reveals herself and instantly gets captured. It was dumb.

But you know what else was dumb? When Zant's character got flushed down the toilet. He was calm and sinister and creepy and then instantly turns into a raving spinning lunatic. Makes no fucking sense.

Also that cutscene with the Shadow Links and the falling laughing Ilias? Garbage edgelord material.

Both games have their shit moments, don't act like TP is without flaws and is some perfect polished piece of wonder.
>>
>meet a cool sexy guy in uni
>talking about Bloodborne with a friend in lecture and he overhears and joins
>make good friends with him
>his fav games are Bloodborne, RE4, and Twilight Princess
>he starts to grate on me, acts like a faggy bitch at a party I take him to
>start resenting everything he says
>every time he talks up Twilight Princess as being so great I know he's flat out wrong and it drives me insane but I haven't played the game since launch and can't critique it

it really isn't that good, I know this guy's just a nostalgia blinded faggot who can't differentiate his nostalgia and a good game.
>>
>>330998952

Master Sword doubles damage in TP, it's more interesting to play with the Ordon Sword. I have no idea why TP's damage output is so funky but whatever. Also, some enemies like fully armored Lizalfos and Armos suggest hidden skills be used against them but they can be beaten with the standard repertoire of moves. It just takes a bit more patience to do it. That said, I do wish the game pushed the hidden skills angle harder than it did. It's a great idea for sure and a pleasant throwback to Zelda II's sword techniques.
>>
>>330999472

Replaying it now, TP's pretty damn good aside from its low difficulty and slow first third, and honestly 4x Hero Mode on TP HD helps the former out a lot. The AI's passable enough but nothing ever felt dangerous to begin with.
>>
>>330992887

Replaying this reminds me of just how terrible it is.
>>
>>330999732
i'm gonna get the HD ver at some point, but the outrageously high price point, tacked on shitty wolf amiibo, necessary Ganondorf amiibo for hero mode, and shitty texture screenshots have dissuaded me from getting it any time soon. At some point I'll check it out.
>>
>>330999732
>>330999749

Top kek. Right after each other.
>>
>>330999921

Ganondorf amiibo isn't necessary for Hero Mode, it's just a double damage modifier. Hero Mode's in the game and is available from the start, but even then 2x damage is pretty flimsy. The Ganondorf amiibo stacks for 4x though, and though some damage output gets stupid like a single swing from the big green dude doing 12 hearts and taking a fire arrow while wearing the Zora Suit basically meaning death, at least you feel some actual punishment for getting hit. I'm seeing game over screens in TP and it's kind of a shot to the pride.
>>
>>331000303

It all means nothing when you have more hearts, the gold armor, and the ball and chain.
>>
>>330998952
>Not that anon but the thing that makes OoT the better game is the fact that it's not as piss easy (still pretty easy though)
They're both easy, this isn't really even a factor. But OoT is easier.
>and the pacing. I was playing through TP again recently but there's so much filler content keeping me away from getting to the new content.
That "filler content" is not actually filler content, it's enjoyable content, significant to the game. Filler content would be something like the ocean in Wind Waker, not the tears of light segments in TP (or whatever you think the filler content in TP is).
>And it doesn't matter if you have more moves in combat if the game doesn't require them from you, you're never needed to pull anything cool off
If the game required them from you then getting them would be a punishment in a way. The whole concept is that you go out of your way to get extra advantages. If the game required you to use them, that would mean a change to the enemy AI which I would compare to level scaling in Skyrim. What's the point of leveling up, if the enemies just get stronger as well?
>because the enemies just die in a couple of hits anyway.
Not all of them, and the game is more about fighting hoards of enemies, rather than each individual enemy being something you need to pay close attention to. If you want a game like that, play SS, or just fight darknuts or Ganondorf in TP.
>>
>>331000449
You still need to mind your potions and rupees, which is something that never mattered in the original game.
>>
>>330999305
>What makes a story good for you doesn't make a story good for everyone else.
Didn't you read the end of my post? Just because you can be a contrarian and pretend OoT's is better, doesn't mean it actually is. TP's story is clearly better. OoT's story is like a disingenuous fanfic written by a 12 year old.

>I would also argue, someone playing the game for the first time does not know that Ganondorf is trying to open the Door of Time, but only that he wants the Spiritual Stones. One could argue that the opening of the Door of Time is so that you can stop Ganondorf from getting that power.
This only continues to prove how stupid the story is. If he's trying to get the spiritual stones, then Link has no reason to even leave his house. One is guarded by the Deku tree, one by the gorons, and one by someone who is in the belly of a whale. If anything, by this logic, Link's strategy should be to protect the Deku tree from being invaded by Ganondorf, along with the other Kokiris. Not go get all the spiritual stones for no reason.

>But you know what else was dumb? When Zant's character got flushed down the toilet. He was calm and sinister and creepy and then instantly turns into a raving spinning lunatic. Makes no fucking sense.
It is to make him appear creepy. When he starts moving sporadically and contorting his body around, that makes him seem like he's fucking insane, which adds to his creepiness.

>Both games have their shit moments, don't act like TP is without flaws and is some perfect polished piece of wonder.
It's the best story in a Zelda game. This is proven by the fact that you have to cherrypick a few moments where you think TP wasn't good. Meanwhile OoT's story is just complete garbage the whole time.
>>
Is anyone else annoyed by how robotic Link's run is? He moves like he's made of wood.
>>
>>331001124

I could agree if chu jelly wasn't everywhere along with tons of rupees.
>>
>>330993197
Probably because it has the best looking version of Link.
>>
>>331001263

Literally the first thing I noticed in the game was how awkward his running animation is.

>>331001309

My wife actually said he looked bad in TP and prefers OoT Link.
>>
>>331001386
And my wife's son says OoT link looked bad and prefers TP Link.

What's your point?
>>
>>331001497

That women are inconsistent and cannot be trusted.
>>
>>330993197
How sheltered or b&do you have to be to think this?
>>
>>331001263

I actually like his running animation in this game. Can't really say why but it's never bothered me.
>>
>>330996256

You fucking bellend. That's not how it works.

I cannot stop laughing at this shit. Is every post on /v/ bait nowadays?
>>
>>331002934
>implying people don't go off of other peoples' nostalgia and just post things they think will make them seem cool on /v/
>>
>>331002148

It's fine when he has his sword out, but otherwise it looks weird as if he still has his sword.
>>
>>330992887
That's not Majora's Mask.
>>
>>331003887
It's good and unique, but it doesn't have much of what makes other Zelda games great.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.