[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Digimon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
Does it matter which starter I pick? Is it like pokemon where you can't get the others in the game normally?
>>
You can get the other starters fairly early in the game.
>>
>>330981692
You can literally transform your starter into any of the other starters with enough digi/de-digivolution, so no, it doesn't really matter. You encounter the other two early on as well.
>>
File: digimon-world-next-order.jpg (309 KB, 570x733) Image search: [Google]
digimon-world-next-order.jpg
309 KB, 570x733
So this is coming out on the 17th in japan, anyone ordered a copy?
>>
>>330981692
dont really matter.

so start with palmon. shes the strongest. every starter involves into a digimon with a piercing move. palmon's is kuwagamon. remamber to savescum before digivolving.
>>
>>330982785
I hope it'll get localized. If not, I will buy a copy.
>>
>>330982785
I can't read moon.
I expect another ps4 port to be made and localized.
>>
>>330982785
I'm waiting for the PS4 version
>>
>>330982785
I really REALLY hope they dont assume the success of sleuth means all digimon games will do as well.

And if this game comes to us under that assumption I hope it not doing so well doesnt say that "digimon games" arent going to work out long term because I really want a new story game.
>>
>>330981692
All that matters is that you digivolve then up and down a SHIT ton at the start to drive ABI as high as you can.
>>
>>330982785
Ehh, with how Bamco has been rolling lately, it's gonna at least have an R3 English version.
I'm gonna wait for that.
Cyber Sleuth is pretty successful for them to not bring this as well too though.
>>
>>330981692
Nah, nice (or boring I guess if you want) thing about that game vs Pokemon is you can pretty easily collect every Digimon in it solo. No trading required, nothing that requires another player or a special event. Think 1 requires the free dlc and that's it.
>>
This game is a fantastic mix of nostalgia and new designs I immediately like. And props to Namco for not charging for this shit like they usually do.

I love the silhouette and mystery of digivolving.
>>
>Wakamoto does a low menacing growl instead of his usual ham

Oh my. Also, is it me or is Lucemon SM totally not worth the effort it took to get him? His level is listed as Ultra but he's barely has higher stats than normal Megas.
>>
>>330985101

SM isn't particularly good at all.

You're actually better off dropping him back to CM if you want to use him, because he still has comparable max stats to most Megas despite being an Ultimate, and a more useful/interesting skill. And counterintuitively the standard Rookie Lucemon is the best of the three for pure damage, as he's a piercer (the only Light Vaccine piercer in the game) with INT higher than a lot of Megas, but unfortunately he's squishy as shit due to being a Rookie.

The whole Lucemon line in general is just kind of a waste of effort considering they're the most annoying Digimon in the entire game to digivolve into.
>>
>>330983421
I think anyone could see people could get fatigued if they just try spamming the games here and they need to more targeted.
>>
>was grinding a bit before sleep last night
>this morning picked it up and forgot I was dedigivolving some guys into training and rookies
>decided to do a round of offline colliseum
>all reserves maxed out level 2 battles in

All that wasted XP. Fug.
>>
Am I the only one who's still so used to the 4kids voices that I wish they were in game whenever there was digivolving or using a special attack?

I still have think it and hear it in my head whenever that stuff happens.

>digimon digital monsters digimon are the champions
>IKKAKUMON DIGIVOLVE TOOOOOOO
>chaaaange into digital champions tooo save the digital world
>ZUUUUUDOMOOOOOOON
>VULCAN'S HAMMER!
>hey digimon hey digimon monster friends to the boys and girls hey digimon hey digimon champions of the digital woooorld
>>
Why does no one talk about this game anymore?
>>
What are the medals actually for? Just collectables that don't do anything?
>>
>>330988303
A trophy
>>
>>330987537

I was mostly disappointed by the lack of the really loud steam whistle during digivolving sequences.

Everything else is localization stuff, but I really thought the steam whistle was a native part of the sequence.
>>
>>330988593
I thought that was part of the background song
>>
Pick the gear and rush to turn him into silver poop for the bonus exp passive.
Then use any 200% scanned baby form digi for the bonus ABI. It speeds up the digivolving processes by an hour or two.
>>
>>330987537

I have a lot of nostalgia for the dub voice acting, but I absolutely hate the dub music so I don't miss that at all.
>>
File: demon4.jpg (136 KB, 484x452) Image search: [Google]
demon4.jpg
136 KB, 484x452
>the green hair chick who shows up in the hospital

Holy shit that voice I don't think my dick can possibly get any harder
>>
I pity people who don't associate brave heart to shinka/digivolving and instead had to deal with a shitty rap.
>>
Does this have any story or exploring?
>>
>>330989364

Story is pretty central to the game. It has its moments and good ideas but suffers from some cliche characters, poor pacing, and a dodgy translation. Still relatively enjoyable if you like animu stuff/Digimon.

Exploration is meh. Typical modern JRPG. There are different areas of the city you can visit + different areas of EDEN, dungeons, etc. Level design is fairly linear and there's not much reason to wander around.
>>
>aim for all the digidestined digimons
>now have way more vaccines than anything else and need to grind for data or virus
>>
>>330990168

I wound up with lots of Viruses just for going for ones I thought were cool/useful because appaently I'm subconsciously an edgemaster. I had the autism near the end of the game though and just got every Mega that I liked because levelling was so painless using PlatinumNumemon + a shitton of Tactician UISBs, so I had plenty of all types.

There's a surprising lack of good Data Megas as it turns out.
>>
At what point do you open the door to another dimension?
I've got an angel and devil waiting to bang but still can't reach that point ing he story.
>>
>>330990480
Metalseadramon, Rosemon,Phoenixmon they all suck?
>>
>>330991227
the first two do yeah
>>
What's a good reasonably obtainable ultimate with a good AoE special attack?
>>
>>330983421

I hope they don't either because this doesn't look that good from the gameplay videos.
>>
>>330987931
/Vg/ has a general, it's kinda slow but it's good
>>330991628
Etemon has a Aoe piercing special and a great ability, if you mean jap ultimate then I'd go with Plesiomon or Kentaurosmon
>>
>>330982785

Didn't care for the World games.
>>
>>330992019
American ultimate. And only etemon?
>>
>>330992435
MegaKabuterimon has an INT-penetrating attack that really helped me in the early chapters. Okuwamon, CannonBeemon, ShogunGekomon, MetalTyrannomon and Monzaemon all have strong penetrating specials too.

This page has a really good summary:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778?single=1#section1794
>>
>>330993246
Int piercing is cool but I was looking along the lines of multi target/all target specials.
>>
>>330993825
Etemon is the only one with an Aoe pierce at ultimate
Stuff like Garudamon and Myotismon get regular Aoe
>>
>>330994318
Yeah that's what I was looking for. Regular AoE. Clearing trash mobs fast. Hmm so garudamon eh.
>>
How many developer knowhows do I need on one farm to get the best shit regularly?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.