[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would a game based on World War Z be like? I hope it would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: World_War_Z_book_cover.jpg (68 KB, 219x324) Image search: [Google]
World_War_Z_book_cover.jpg
68 KB, 219x324
What would a game based on World War Z be like?

I hope it would be nothing like the book, because the book can be pretty dumb

>The incompetence of the American military
>Blind Japanese samurai and a Japanese otaku 2chan poster
>Stupid concepts like quislings and feral children
>Israel is best rael
>"Muh dogs even though I hated them but now I attack people that do and now I'm in a special K9 unit durrrrrrr"
>DUDE I'M GUARDING RICH CELEBRITIES AND BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO

So what should it be like?
>>
>>330976167
desu book was way cooler than movie.
The imagination can work wonders but getting a watchable adaption was fun.
Also:
>not liking blind swordsman
>not loling at military's weapons not 'bursting' the zombies like they would real people thus getting them ass fucked
>not enjoying zombie celebrity tv show
tldr ur gey
>>
File: 1455052680883.png (724 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455052680883.png
724 KB, 1920x1080
>>330976167
I have those exact same complaints about the book all of which are further exacerbated by Max Brooks attempts at trying to make the scenario realistic but allowing stupid shit like the blind samurai to exist. But to answer your question OP, I think zombies are only dangerous or at least capable of generating tension when they're capable of running, otherwise its too easy to dospatch them. The game would therefore be a mix between L4D and Day Z, capturing the survival aspects of the book while abandoning walkers in favor of infected.
>>
slow zombies are confusing to me

It's hard to imagine anybody being retarded enough to get killed by one. Sure they come in swarms but they can't climb, can't think tactically and are vulnerable to a technique that every human on the planet ceases being affected by once they're older than three; being pushed over or tripping over stupid shit
>>
Should have a global vibe to it. Maybe something similar to Pandemic, but on the other side of it, racing to find a cure and visiting countries, with Madagascar's "CLOSE THE FUCKING PORT" Hebrew edition. On the global map you have missions assigned to countries. Each mission/mini campaign you go back to the world map and see news breaking out and how shit is getting worse. Inside a mission it's a top view isometric game, heavily leaning on survival and investigation. If at first you see clean and intact cities with lots of civies, later on everything is in ruins so you can really see the changes. Sometimes you might fuck up shit and speed up the infection, like in Israel when you encourage a sad kid to sing to cheer her up, and condemn an entire country.
>>
>>330976512
>>330976692
Slower zombies that moan and groan like in Resident Evil are terrifying, which temporarily paralyze a potential victim.

Plus, getting caught by them in tight corners in or in small buildings is very dangerous, or if they just outright corner you.

Fast zombies ruin all semblance of horror for me, any game I've ever played with fast zombies I just groaned and beat them with the shitty melee mechanics that game usually came with.
>>
>>330978796
Yeah, in video games, the mechanics have to respond to the design/gameplay.

Left 4 Dead isn't scary with fast zombies, but Resident Evil Remake with slow zombies is.
>>
http://io9.gizmodo.com/why-slow-zombies-are-still-more-frightening-than-fast-o-1684767670

This article and it's comments make a good point about slow zombies. Nothing else in the world shambles towards its victim the way a slow zombie does, so it's foreign and therefore terrifying.

>>330978902
Yeah I remember taking a frying pan in L4D2 and just winning a level. And ugh god, don't get me started on special infected.

Also, here's something interesting. My friend came over a couple weekends ago and we played Dying Light (his game) and then RE:make (my game.) Suffice to say, when we were playing RE:make, he was fucking terrified at certain points when zombies got close or grabbed me, and actually jumped from the couch.
>>
>>330979021
It goes back to The Mummy

What did The Mummy do? He slowly lumbered at you and choked you.
>>
Why are there no more games with slow zombies?

I figure The Walking Dead tv adaptation is a normie enough series to garner enough interest for that sort of thing right?
>>
>>330976692

Sure, but what happens when they outnumber you 1000 to 1? You eventually need food, water, rest. They don't.
>>
File: Zombiesurvivalguide.jpg (65 KB, 393x589) Image search: [Google]
Zombiesurvivalguide.jpg
65 KB, 393x589
>>330976324
The book was shit le evil government le virus only spreads through bites. His first book was better.
>>
>>330980281
I remember really liking this.
Things like a zombie uses up all of its strength in one strong action like trying to push open a door, but there are no limits so it basically tears its muscles as it does so and cannot regenerate that strength back
>>
>>330978902
>>330979021
In video games, slow zombies are scarier, but in movies or real life, fast zombies are terrifying.
28 days later scared the shit out of me when I was little
>>
>>330976167
There already was a WarZ online survival game.
They're "Infestation" or something now.
>>
>>330980623
>in real life

You don't know that yet
>>
>>330980724
>being chased by something that literally never has to stop running
No thanks
>>
>>330976167

Nice pasta, faget
>>
File: apocalypse.jpg (39 KB, 316x475) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse.jpg
39 KB, 316x475
>>330976167
This would honestly be a better choice for a game. Just because the industry is oversaturated with zombie shit right now. We'd need something with a more realistic feel to it. It's a better book too.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.