[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what needs to change about this list
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 121222154.png (2 MB, 659x2602) Image search: [Google]
121222154.png
2 MB, 659x2602
what needs to change about this list
>>
>>330973370
Reverse the kingdom hearts games.
>>
>>330973370
Swap VII and VI.
>>
>>330973370
Everything, especially the blurb at the top, this is nowhere near a comprehensive list on any level.
>>
>>330973410
I would only like people who are not retarded and completely tasteless to respond

>>330973450
I would like it if delusional nostalgia friends would sit this one out as well

thank you
>>
>>330973370
the only reason VII is being praised are only because most people played it during their childhood
otherwise its bland as fuck
>>
>>330973531
>tasteless
says the guy who has FF7 at the top
>>
>>330973531
Do you actually want to discuss things or just be a smug cunt
>>
>>330973370
>Kingdom Hearts 2 was bad

I want this meme to die
>>
>>330973519
yeah, it's incomplete, but I haven't played everything in the first place and I didn't want the 12 sequels in the image in the second place

>>330973547
I guess we're just going to go down the checklist of every stupid shoveled out thing everyone says on repeat before the thread can kick off, someone call 7 anime shit so we can get the ball rolling and call cloud a prettyboy
>>
>>330973692
the 13 sequels, fuck my fingers

>>330973663
I just don't want to hear the constantly posted retardation is all, I'd like some real opinions thanks

Like I'd really rather not hear how kefka is such a good character because "he's just crazy and actually deep!" again, know what I'm saying?
>>
>Vagrant story
>Final Fantasy
>Kingdom Hearts

Now this is bait
>>
>>330973778
Smug cunt, then.
>>
Why are the KH games in there anyway? Only good one was the first before it became an FF ripoff. I love FF but all KH had to be was a simple Disney adventure series, but no Nomura thought "Let's make it deep." And when I say deep I say as deep as a puddle
>>
>>330973797
>distantly related

whatever, I've played them, they get a spot for related characters or settings or because why not
>>
>>330973370
why the xi hate? it was good.
>>
>>330973836
You're completely right─

KH1, in its original release, is the final Squaresoft game and greatly reverent to the FF franchise from many of its most important influencing voices, as such I feel it deserves a place on such a list

In addition, it serves as a good example of how to put a twist on or have fun with a FF character, in stark contrast to square enix's FF7 continuations, for example

The enormous quality difference between 1 and 2 also perfectly highlights the differences between squaresoft and square enix, and the two serve as a perfect test to separate tasteless drones to people who enjoy an inspired and quality production

People who say KH2 are better are simply to be disregarded
>>
FFIX is the best game so you're chart is already wrong

Kill yourself and don't make thread like this again
>>
>>330974286
It is exceptionally good, in fact I feel the Excellent tier needs to be separated with it in the higher tier

But the old criticism of slow battles holds water; they slowed down the gauges to compensate for 4 party members, but they slowed it too much even in that circumstance, and for most of the game you have less than 4 party members oftentimes

it is remarkable and wonderful, second to the highest tier in any case, but no the highest for this reason

SE plans to release it on steam with some sort of speed mode, if this simply increases the speed of gauges filling it could be pushed to the highest tier in this case, and SE may do something good for once
>>
>>330973410

Explain your reasoning.
>>
FFX is the best game so you're chart is already wrong

Kill yourself and don't make thread like this again
>>
File: breaking-news (4).png (157 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
breaking-news (4).png
157 KB, 640x360
>>330973370
13 isn't a bad game.
>>
>>330973370
>XI bad
>KH1 good
mad keks, stay underage
>>
>>330974665
Its opening segments are ineffective to say the least, especially compared to the introductions of its peers, and many elements of FFX lack the development and direction needed to hit their emotional targets, such as the destruction of Home

It is an extremely good game and has a risky, extremely long term buildup for almost a singular crushing payoff, but it has other problems that keep it from the highest level

some amount of active elements would have improved its combat greatly; this is not to say it is bad, it is quite good, but the reality of being able to put your controller down and plan a fight without pressure is a gigantic missed opportunity and deflates many moments

>>330974982
I don't judge it as an MMO, I just judge it as a video game experience, and like most MMO titles it falls flat on its boring fucking face in this regard

I'm not into the MMO heroin, sorry, it's just got a lot of botched elements and clunky empty gameplay to facilitate this online component that isn't even done very well compared to other online systems
>>
>>330975192
well good for you, you have shit taste
FFXI is a top 5 mmo
>>
>>330975462

I just like my games to play well, and have good balance, and good pacing and construction and all that stuff

So most MMOs don't really gel with me I guess

And being the fifth best MMO especially of that design direction is uh, not a compliment
>>
File: 1452216899871.jpg (86 KB, 528x500) Image search: [Google]
1452216899871.jpg
86 KB, 528x500
>>330973370
I dont get this, why is KH2 so bad again??
>>
File: 1449178262331.png (4 MB, 4640x2480) Image search: [Google]
1449178262331.png
4 MB, 4640x2480
All of it tbqh
>>
>>330976085
It's a huge crowd of reasons.
It is often accused of having bad concepts or a bad story, but the reality is that the direction, the elements sucking weight out of the vast majority of the gameplay, the graceless locations, mismanaged attention from the director, descent into triteness in almost all aspects, pandering greed and many, many other issues are what make KH2 so absolutely bad

If you are fanboy, or you are very impressed by a certain kind of flash, KH2 can charm you easily, but it is a very bad video game on the whole. Not entirely bad, in fact some of the skillful gameplay moments are worth mentioning, but 99% bad is no exaggeration
>>
>>330976912
>X-2 had such good gameplayyyy! The STORY was the problem!

one of the critical FF dumbass tells
>>
Why is Crisis Core so low?

I liked that one the most
>>
>>330973370
>vagrant story and KH not shit tier
>FF9 not in shit tier
>FF8 not in shit tier
>FF2 not in abortion tier
>le FF13 is bad maymay
>KH and VS are "FF" games

found the problems.
>>
>>330976970
It was more than just the story tbqh.

The insane amount of obscure requirements to get the True Ending that were essentially designed to sell guides, the complete lack of post-game or side-content that was in X, the shitty minivans segments, the incredible amount of asset reuse that made it feel more like an expansion pack than a sequel at times, and many other issues let it down.

Gameplay was tight as fuck though, it was just wasted on a very poor game.
>>
>>330977195
shitty minigames*

Fucking autocorrect
>>
>>330977195
You're kind of halfway approaching being correct

The first and most important thing for you people to understand is that FFX2 has terrible gameplay that is beyond easy to break to a point where you can only hold a single button to win, without exaggeration again, 99% of every fight in the game

The gameplay has good concepts, but terrible execution, which is the metric of quality

I literally read a book while playing FFX2, and the first review of the game I found after playing it, the reviewer did the exact same thing, no lie

FFx2's gameplay is for the most part a good idea, that's all
>>
>>330973547
This, FF7 is pretty shit
>>
>>330973370
>ffxi
>bad
kill yourself but before you do that, kill everyone you know and eat a banana
>>
>5
>Only decent
I now know this is bait
>>
>>330973531
KH2FM is objectively superior to KH1 on the base foundation level, every gameplay aspect in KH2FM is superior to KH1 you have to be fucking underage to think otherwise
>>
>>330979063
KH2 Final Mix isn't on the list, though I am considering adding it and it is superior, to be clear

You are wrong however, as final mix still contains many of the issues of KH2 even as the strict experience of gameplay is concerned, not only in the obvious issues of pace and environment, pace of bland combat and bluntly wall lining, obviously handed over rewards that are totally unsatisfying, but also the complete weightlessness and disregard for a basic sense of timing conveyed to the player, and a speed combined with closing abilities that lends to the reason why most people say KH2 is "press X to win"─ a very true summary of the experience with the game, often said of KH2 and not its predecessor for reasons of poor execution, a sense of weightlessness in common combat that is crippling

KH2 fans point to skillful opportunities and multifaceted boss fights, among a few other things, to say it is a better game, but the bulk of the experience is vastly inferior to its predecessor even in the FM release, actually BECAUSE of the decisions at the foundation level, which is I think a phrase you shouldn't use because you don't understand it

and it is the exact opposite also, in many ways, in fact in every relevant way KH2 is more appealing to the things that define the underage fags, even the "darker" story as they say
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.