[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People complain about bald/black haired white male protagonists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 1367374776350.jpg (29 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1367374776350.jpg
29 KB, 368x368
>People complain about bald/black haired white male protagonists in video games
>I think it's because they all look the same and sort of agreed at first
>mfw it's actually because they're SJWs that hate white males and still wouldn't want blonde or grey haired white male protagonists

MUH REPRESENTATION
>>
To be fair, these are the same people that think you need a character creator to be immersed in a story-based RPG.

They aren't necessarily SJW, they just have shit taste and no imagination.
>>
THAT'S RIGHT JAY
>>
Actually it's the first thing

The second thing is by people who don't play video games
>>
>>330967185
>implying this invalidates the problem
>>
I want to play as more old men and robot people.
>>
>>330967472
>implying there's a problem
>>
>>330967472
There is no problem.
>>
>>330967560
>>330967585
Leave shitlord.
>>
Don't defend that shit only because SJW don't like it, it's just the devs being lazy fucks.
>>
>>330967665
Here have a (kek)
>>
File: 1448588285206.jpg (450 KB, 1016x1137) Image search: [Google]
1448588285206.jpg
450 KB, 1016x1137
>playing westacuck shit

y tho
>>
>>330967743
>Wesker representing Resident Evil

Way to lie
>>
>>330967557
Asscreed: Revelations had you playing a section as an 80 year old Altaïr.
I wish they'd make an 'old and frail' asscreed game. Maybe one section as a young spry rogue and the other as an old man using poison and blending with a terrible physique at the end of his life.
>>
>>330967743
Donkey Kong's designs where made by Westerners.
>>
THAT'S RIGHT SUSAN
>>
>>330967927
>
>>
So you're saying you disagree with their arguments because of who they are?
>>
>>330967260
This.
They want a create-your-own-character for every single game so they can insert themselves.

They don't like having a white male protag because they find it hard to play a game with one.

They lack the empathy to put themselves into other people shoes and share their story/pain/joy, etc.

It's the same thing as Anita's "ideal protag"; it a fucking mute, blob of pixels with no fucking defining features or backstory. Because they lack the empathy to understand the story if the main character isn't exactly like them or a blank slate.
>>
This is why I like the witcher games, it's one of the few where a male protagonist is allowed to have a beautiful mane.
>>
File: Usa+vs+japan_2c51e5_5568546.jpg (126 KB, 780x701) Image search: [Google]
Usa+vs+japan_2c51e5_5568546.jpg
126 KB, 780x701
>>330967743
This is too subtle to be bait
>>
>>330968053
>They don't like having a white male protag because they find it hard to play a game with one.
>They lack the empathy to put themselves into other people shoes and share their story/pain/joy, etc.
So why can't we have more protags who aren't white men if it doesn't matter?
>>
File: gzTILP2.png (619 KB, 799x708) Image search: [Google]
gzTILP2.png
619 KB, 799x708
The only reason most protagonists are white males with dark hair, is because that is the biggest demographic that plays video games.

Aside from that, this is the most important: Second, you can do anything to a white male character - anything, and no one will complain. Developers are free to experiment with, humiliate, torment and mess around with their White Male™ characters.
>>
>>330968229
Yeah, we can.
By all means, protags can be whatever they want.
Make them bald, white space marines or black pirates, who gives a shit. As long as it's not force or out of place or hamfisted in.
>>
>>330968053
Ha, bullshit. There were people complaining about L4D2 having women and blacks and BLACK WOMEN in particular. White guys get triggered non-stop.
>>
>>330968375
This isn't true though, the lecherous drunk woman exists in Dragon Age and is extremely popular.
>>
>>330968375
>Second, you can do anything to a white male character - anything, and no one will complain. Developers are free to experiment with, humiliate, torment and mess around with their White Male™ characters.

this is an interesting point I never considered
>>
>>330968686
Yeah cause San Andreas is the worst selling GTA

LMAO

Retard.
>>
>>330967743
Saints Row IV is unfair since you can make anything with the character creator
>>
>>330968820
She isn't though. You never see her getting mention at all. stop lying anon.
>>
>>330970694
Isabela is pretty great
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.