[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the essential Mario RPGs? I already know to avoid Sticker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg (60 KB, 640x443) Image search: [Google]
SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg
60 KB, 640x443
What are the essential Mario RPGs? I already know to avoid Sticker Star like the plague.
>>
>>330967012
Paper Mario 64/TTYD

Every M&L
>>
>>330967102
Cheers anon. Just picked up Paper Jam today btw
>>
Anything besides Sticker Shit and Partners in Time (Dream Team experience may vary)
>>
>>330967468
>Partners in Time

Explain.
>>
Elder God Tier:
Thousand Year Door
Superstar Saga

God Tier:
Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario 64

Great Tier:
Bowser's Inside Story
Paper Jam
Dream Team

Meh Tier:
Partners in Time

Bad Tier:
Super Paper Mario

Insultingly Bad Tier:
Sticker Star
>>
>>330967012
SMRPG
ttyd (optional: PM64)
Superstar Saga (optional: BiS)
>>
>>330967540
It's still a good game, it just sort of pales compared to the others. It's a lot more linear, and, if you're from McDonaldland, the boss HP is ridiculously inflated.
>>
>>330967540
>removes the interconnected world and replaces it with a bunch of linear dungeons
>babby combat is clunky
>antagonists have no personality
>Bros Moves replaced by single use items (kind of a precursor to the Sticker Star system)
>>
>>330967012
Play all of them in release order but forget Sticker Star.
>>
>>330967878
>Bros Moves replaced by single use items (kind of a precursor to the Sticker Star system)

To be fair, the game hands you free items out the ass anyways. I never needed to go to a shop and restock once.
>>
>>330968065
Just like how sticker star has stickers all over the walls?

Its still a shit system
>>
>>330968191
You can still use regular attack without needing consumables. That alone makes it a lot better than Sticker Star.
>>
File: 1433935159211.jpg (24 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1433935159211.jpg
24 KB, 500x368
>>330967608
SPM should just be in good tier or at the very least the top of meh tier.
>>
>>330968647
nah

shit gameplay
shit level design after like the 3rd chapter
it was honestly a chore to play through
>>
File: Mario RPGs.png (1 MB, 640x1604) Image search: [Google]
Mario RPGs.png
1 MB, 640x1604
>>330967012
Pretty much every Mario RPG is at the very least solid, barring Sticker Star. Play in release order and have a fun time.
>>
so I've played Superstar Saga, Partners in Time, and Bowser's Inside Story. should I get Dream Team and also Paper Jam or just go straight to Paper Jam?
>>
Super Mario RPG
Mario & Luigi 1
Mario & Luigi 3 (skip 2)
Mario & Luigi 4
Paper Mario 1
Paper mario 2
Super Paper Mario (fuck you its good)
havent played paper jam
>>
>>330969904
Why not both?
>>
>>330970187
I mean I just wonder if dream team is worth getting
>>
>>330969904
Dream Team first.
>>
File: M&L Series.png (529 KB, 694x334) Image search: [Google]
M&L Series.png
529 KB, 694x334
>>330969904
Dream Team is pretty similar to Bowser's Inside Story, so if you like that game, you'll probably like Dream Team. It has things people don't like about it, (a lot of mandatory tutorials, gyro controls are required for certain moments, etc), but it's more creative and original compared to Paper Jam and is the only Mario RPG with an unlockable Hard Mode. I recommend if you're a patient person, and if you Bowser's liked Inside Story a lot.

Paper Jam is also a fun game with good refinements (tutorials can finally be skipped for the most part in the series, fast forward button for scenes and dialogue, etc) and is a great game as well.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.