[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bravely Second
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
I'm at Florem right now, and I've learned almost every Catmancy ability.

One of those I'm missing is called Panzerlied and can be learned from Iron Man (II) B-type. Okay, so I've seen some Iron Men (II) in Ancheim, but those were A and E-types. And now, outside of Florem I can encounter Iron Men (IV).

Did I miss B-type because it's so rare? Or can it only be found later, like on NG+ or something?

Also, what's the difference between Catmancy and Cat Mastery?
>>
Still have to wait until April but I do have a few questions if you don't mind answering.

Is there that Groundhog Day bullshit?

Does the game force you to use mechanics like it did in the first game? Like how if you didn't use certain classes in certain ways you are just flat out dead.

How's the characters and story?
>>
>>330966383
>Is there that Groundhog Day bullshit?
I haven't finished it myself yet. From what I've heard it is kinda in - in the form of NG+. Just saying what I've heard on /v/.
>Does the game force you to use mechanics like it did in the first game? Like how if you didn't use certain classes in certain ways you are just flat out dead.
Not really, you can just use your own approach for every boss. Honestly, I don't think the first game ever forced you to use some specific party set-up either.
>How's the characters and story?
Well, I'll be honest, so far it's been worse than the first game.
>>
>>330965778

So what's the spoiler in the title this time?
>>
>>330966870
SEND PLAYER
No idea what is it all about, because, as I've already said, I haven't finished it yet.
>>
>>330966804
so far it's been worse than the first game.
How is that even possible? BD had some of the worst writing I've ever seen.
>>
>>330967076
>BD had some of the worst writing I've ever seen.
Your opinion is objectively wrong.
>>
>>330966383
>How's the characters and story?

Bravely Second is basically the polar opposite of BD; 70% of the game's plot is crap whilst the last 30% is lukewarm/average at best.

Tiz is Tiz, Edea turned into a real bitch, Yew is basically Tiz 2.0 but from a rich family background. Magnolia is wasted opportunity, nothing like the impression she left at the end of Default.
>>
>>330966870
Cut Content
>>
>>330966870
>>330966980
Send Player - Because you SEND Yew and the party back in time to the start of the game to change history when you choose NG+. It's a nice idea but it's never really explained how the fuck this happened or how Yew knows to directly address the camera telling you to do it.

>>330967076
BS' plot is just really, really flat. There are no twists, no subtlety, the actual cast is really small, and exposition is usually delivered in a calm and safe environment long before it becomes relevant. 90% of the backstory and motivations of the antagonists revolve around Yew and his family, which leaves the rest of the party members pretty much hanging around doing nothing while Yew does everything.
>>
>>330967197
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>330965778
What the fuck does Bravely Default mean? Does the game explain this dumbass name?
>>
>>330965778
I'm in the forest around Florem, and haven't played it for a few days.
It's super boring and shitty, even more so than the first game, with the job/battle system being the only redeeming quality. Americans who are on the fence about it, don't waste your money.
>>
>>330968742
To have the courage to not accept your obligations.
>>
>>330968742
It's the game's battle system
It's a turn-based JRPG with a BRAVE vs DEFAULT mechanic. You can brave it out and get extra actions per turn at the cost of sacrificing turns later (attack 4 times in one go, have to wait 4 times until you can act again). Or you can default and guard, saving actions for future turns where you can brave and not suffer a penalty.
>>
>>330968742
It means to courageously sit back and do nothing when common sense says you should.
>>
>>330965778
Cat Mastery are more advanced commands. Panzerlied can be found by other Ironmen on Ancheim, keep looking. You'll need to confuse/charm them to get the ability.

Pro-tip: For levelling on chapter 5, stock up on Phenix Down and get either Freelancer's ability to spread item use or get the passive that does the same thing from patissier. Then make your whole party spam them on the fort full of undead. Rage spam is better only for chainig for money.
>>
>patissier faggot didn't kill himself
What the fuck.
>>
>>330970019
Yeah, I have the Patissier asterisk now, so charm shouldn't be a problem.
I've actually got the White Wind right after I've got Catmancer asterisk: modified my specials to do wind damage and apply charm status, and used it on a group of four aero lanterns.
>>
>>330970710
Enemy spawns vary from floor to floor so try going down some stairs if you're having trouble finding the robots. I think there are some "missable" enemies on the island just south of Ancheim/Al Khampis.
>>
>>330967568
>Edea turned into a real bitch
While i agree with the rest you said i don't really see this, she is like she allways was.
>>
>>330971504
She straight-up dropkicks Tiz, twice. She's way more aggressive and loses her temper much quicker than before.

The way she chews Praline out is hilarious though.
>>
File: Gravly Second.jpg (53 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Gravly Second.jpg
53 KB, 600x338
>>330965778
Why does this game always get me so pumped?
The whole coup de gravy thing is so stupid but it always gets me hyped for the next boss battle.
>>
>>330965778
>Florem

Wait it's the same fucking world as the first game? As if going through it 10 times in the first game wasn't enough.
>>
>>330973017
Yeah it's allmost like it's a sequel.
>>
>>330973106
Is that how you justify eating feces?
>>
>>330973017
They recycle a lot of shit.
Most of the old asterisks holders return for boring, irrelevant, drawn out side quests.
They increased the stupid anime shit too, gold fish scooping at festivals, hot spring events, long conversations about food.
>>
>>330973196
With bonus love interests sharing umbrellas and the scene where Yew and Magnolia accidentally hold hands.
>>
>>330973260
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
Honestly, I started skipping cutscenes whenever it felt as though cliched anime shit was coming along, or it wasn't anything important to the already shitty plot.
I watched all those scenarios enough times during my teenage weeb years, I don't want to play a 60 hour game full of them.
>>
File: tumblr_ldnggd084l1qfyqsxo1_400.jpg (23 KB, 350x329) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ldnggd084l1qfyqsxo1_400.jpg
23 KB, 350x329
>>330973260
>sharing umbrellas
Do Ba'als even become more relevant in the story, or are they they just used once as a device to trigger a joke cutscene?
>>
Edea and Tiz have nice banter
I ship them
>>
>>330973641
At the near end of the game, Ba'al are extreme relevant. One of them destroys the moon and you have a rematch with waifu bride chicken and the cast become scared shitless of these things. Also, Providence created the Ba'als from Altair's memories

But for the rest of the main game, you basically never encounter them for some reason. Not even in the final dungeon even though its used as a portal for Ba'als to travel through so they can avoid the defense systems of the moon. Instead it's used for Vega explaining his relationship with Altair
>>
>>330973641
You'll get to see another Ba'al soon.

At the end of chapter five.
>>
>>330974081
I like how the origin story for the Ba'als is just randomly dumped in a cutscene and everyone in the party just fucking rolls with it. They don't even act surprised or ask how such a thing would be possible.
>>
>>330974081
>>330974097
Okay, thanks. I didn't read the spoiled parts, but I'm glad to know the Ba'al at least didn't get just scrapped by the BS team.

Also, during the Swordmaster/Summoner side quest Mephilia seemed to hint the Yulyana died fighting the fuckhuge Ba'al that apparently landed at the Kustra Archipelago.
Please tell me the old lech is alright.
>>
How much of BD do I have to really know to play BS? I stopped somewhere around chapter 5 with the first twist and after everything I've read I decided it wasn't worth continuing on. Anything happened after that point I should know?
>>
>>330974290
He doesn't even appear at all in this game and no one even mentions him outside of that sidequest.

>>330974458
You already know everything about what BD has to offer so you might as well jump to BS.
>>
>>330974290
He's gone friend.

>>330974458
They dump the entire plot of BD on you in the opening narration.

Though if you couldn't handle BD you might struggle even more with BS.
>>
>>330974458
Yes, the most important part happens after that point. Go finish it.
Little bitch boy mode: rush the crystal bosses, shouldn't take longer than a couple of hours. After that complain about the recycled content.
Man mode: do the optional side quests and boss fights in every chapter (well, maybe except 5, since it's not really any different). After that learn new things about the characters, and feel accomplished because you've beat the boss challenges.
>>
This thread is making me less buttblasted that I'm electing not to purchase BS because of the NA version's content cuts. Is it really that much less interesting than BD?
>>
>>330976179
Kind of. Thinking back, I didn't find the first game all that interesting, outside of the combat.
It's definitely a lazy sequel, you're not missing anything if you've already played the first game.

If you get the opportunity, pirate it and skip the cutscenes.
>>
>>330976179
The gameplay is twice as good because they balanced the jobs out and you really need to do some grinding and digging if you want to break the game. Thankfully grinding is less tedious because you can chain battles and get bonuses from it. Battles are also way more intuitive because enemies can have some nasty counter attacks and bosses require way more strategy and patience, because they will wipe the floor with you if you're impatient and want to rush things.

But yeah, everything else is worse, including the story.
>>
>>330976461
>>330976609
Thanks for the input doods
>>
File: 1457995460957.png (151 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1457995460957.png
151 KB, 557x605
>>330965778
>Using Catmancy
>Not making the entire party Hawkeyes and equipping them with rifles and the Multitask ability

My turn doesn't end until everything is dead.
>>
>>330973196
And there's that intro between every chapter.
It's like I'm watching some bad anime.
And I kind of like it.
Ironically.
>>
>>330978168
I like it unironically.
Fight me.
>>
>>330978168
I can't even enjoy bad anime ironically anymore. I wasted so much of my teen years following the same shitty SOL/romcom plots.

Weirdly, I still fucking love Atelier games.
>>
>>330977795
>using an ability that requires luck over Catmancy
https://youtu.be/qylU0dZwT4Y?t=6m37s
Nigga, my opponent doesn't even get a fucking turn
>>
>>330978263
Well okay, I'm convinced
>>
>>330965778
They dropped the ball hard with BS. They should have gone with the direction the BD team provided in the epiloge of the first game.
>>
>>330978263
Is that the ability that makes everyone below 20% health attack at the same time?
You can only pull this off if you can outspeed the enemy.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.