[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Mario Land
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Best MArio.png (62 KB, 638x288) Image search: [Google]
Best MArio.png
62 KB, 638x288
Okay /v/, time to settle once and for all, which one was really the best
>>
I never liked how everything felt so cramped in 2, it was fun as fuck, but SML feels better.
>>
>>330961616
There are people that prefer 1? What kind of sick fucks are you?
>>
>>330962059
Nostalgiafags.

They forgot the fucked up physics of SML1. Oh mother, were they fucked up.
>>
>>330962059

You picked up coins with a Ball, how cool is that B)
>>
>>330962059
>>330962176
What are you talking abouy. SML was smooth as hell. 2 was some weird try hard game.
>>
I am still amazed at how much has changed with that game. We went from Mario Land -> Wario Land -> Wario Ware -> Rhythm Heaven
>>
>>330962279
HAHAHAHAHA NO.

Momentum and falling platform physics went to shit.
>>
I'm still pissed bunny ear power up never came back.

Mostly so I could see it on Peach and Rosetta.
>>
>>330962382
Shit felt solid to me. I enjoyed the simplicity an style of the game. It was really unique in terms of enemy's and level design.

SML 2 was a game that wanted to be what world was.
>>
Sml2 is slow as FUCK. Sml1 is objectively superior.
>>
>>330962764
Powderpuff tail on the ladies is mandatory.

>>330963036
You are correct in that regard.
And SML2 is not without faults - namely the freaking camera and sprite size, holy crap. Plus it felt disjointed. Yes, the levels kept in line with the world theme unlike SM3DL/W, but the 6 Golden Coins and Mario having a castle felt completely and utterly half-baked.

Still, the game did control far better.
>>
>>330961616
Super Fluttershy Land
>>
>>330961616
1 was great. The platform was solid, the new locations were cool and piloting a plane and a submarine was awesome.

2 was pretty bad. The camera is way too zoomed in, the locations are really bizarre, the level design is terrible and the carrot powerup allows you to skip levels effortlessly. The only good thing about it was the final stage vs Wario.

1 is the best hands down.
>>
>>330963365

>It does exists

I fucking hate you
>>
>>330963365
>>330963505
https://youtu.be/4YsXm0zq3HQ

This is ADVANCED autism...
>>
>>330961616
I loved SML for the two shooter levels, the music, the end of level bonus doors, and the nostalgia, but Jesus fuck were the physics broken

> weird ass gravity and horizontal momentum on jumps
> superballs bounces basically random near corners
> only the back half of Mario's sprite can stand on blocks or hit overhead bricks

SML2 was better in every way except for slower movement speed and weaker difficulty curve, which were unfortunately major drawbacks.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.