[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With Square Enix it is always one step forward, two steps ba
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: Project_Setsuna_cover_art.jpg (14 KB, 250x292) Image search: [Google]
Project_Setsuna_cover_art.jpg
14 KB, 250x292
With Square Enix it is always one step forward, two steps back isn't it?

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/square-enix-consider-setsuna-ps-vita-localization-swell-demand

I'm literally fuming that they're not doing a physical release.
>>
Vita is irrelevant, news at 10.
>>
>they might go to the effort of porting it, but only do a digital distribution because of concerns over the cost of manufacturing a game that may not sell well

wow, what a terrible business
>>
>>330944949
What a stupid name.
>>
File: Untitled.png (33 KB, 568x172) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
33 KB, 568x172
>>330945182
really, it wouldn't matter as much if memory wasn't at such a premium on the Vita
>>
>>330944949
How about DQ builder localization? That thing gotta sell really well here.
>>
>>330944949

Is fear, and now apparently anger at the concept of digital only releases some sort of console thing? I really don't get it.

I mean, as a primarily PC player the concept may be lost on me because I know that if my distribution platform of choice just died one day I could still find a back-up via an infinite number of pirate sites, but if its actually a matter of "it needs to be physical or else I feel like I don't really own it" I find that silly because a digital copy means that you can make practically an infinite number of back-ups as long as you're willing to buy alternative memory storage, or even just back up the game on a PC like you can do with Vita. If anything it feels safer as long as you plan for it.
>>
>>330945745
You're right; it's lost on you. Please shut up, and stop assuming console online shops work like Steam
>>
>>330945745
Yes people like to own their games, not have rental licenses tied to their accounts
>>
>>330946432
Then maybe you should stop playing video games on closed platforms that can take advantage of you?
>>
>>330945745
The ability to actually own the game, a copy that won't be taken off the digital storefront never to be downloadable again and hold it in your hands is in my opinion better than "owning?" a game that I only see when starting it up
>>
>>330947852
Fuck off nvidia shill
>>
>>330945745

It's not fear. I like owning my games in physical form.

Steam fucking ruined gaming forever. Fuck digital.
>>
File: piratin.jpg (11 KB, 278x249) Image search: [Google]
piratin.jpg
11 KB, 278x249
digital is better

piracy is happiness
>>
so if the game doesn't have a physical release, you'd rather just not have it come over?

i mean sure, it sucks (and i was really hoping for the vita verison to come over somehow) that there won't be a disk, but sometimes you just have to take an L and be glad that it's even coming over in the first place.
>>
>>330948607
It'll have denuvo on PC
Eat shit thief
>>
>>330948713
>mad cuck
You can't even buy the game.
>>
>>330948892
What the fuck are you even trying to say you pathetic piece of shit
>>
>>330945371
When will the Chinese save us with knock off cards?
>>
>>330947909
Not all digital copies have DRM, how is any of what you wrote not applicable to a GOG/pirate version?
>>
They just went about realising this in a very poor manner, they should have known the vita demand is there, other publishers release physical editions for even more obscure games and that actually sell, fans support these games and there is a strong audience on it for vita.

Physical releases for JRPGS have long been a standing tradition. I really don't know what the fuck square was thinking.
>>
>>330950389
Its a clear slap in the face to not bring over the vita version that's guaranteed to sell and then make a PC version for an audience that doesn't give a shit about JRPGs
>>
>>330948712

That's why I said it's one step forward, two steps back. I really want this game but with modern SE there's always a catch.

>Here's your long awaited FFVII remake
>By the way it's episodic
>>
>>330950389
>>330950492
They probably chose not to bring over the Vita version because it's terrible, with high load times and sluggish movements caused by awful framerates.

>audience that doesn't give a shit about JRPGs
The FF ports must be selling well enough to justify the porting costs if they're announcing PC day 1 for the localization. There definitely is a market there.
>>
>>330950581
To be fair on the 7R thing, that shit's been a while coming, ever since Episode Duscae. SE has had investor meetings and such where they talked about the possibility of splitting up games to lower over all dev cost, speed up development, and I believe more revenue for the titls. Duscae was the start, and 2.8, Hitman and 7R all continue that mindset.
>>
>>330950851
>Final Fantasy, the most known JRPG series sold well on PC
>that means a game that absolutely no one but the most dedicated JRPG fans would know about will
I'm not seeing it
>>
>>330950851

They're not bringing the Vita version because they want to sell this game for 60 burgers.
>>
>>330950581
>episodic

Not a single time have they said episodic, episodic implies short chunks of a story being told at a time. FF7's remake is a multi-part release, much like almost every single JRPG in history that was worth a damn.
>>
>>330950851
So they're too lazy to fix their mistakes?
>>
don't give a fuck

when are they giving us the new SaGa game?
>>
>>330944949
The vita version is pretty shit and the game is ok at best

I don't see the fuss about it
>>
>>330944949
And yet a far poorer company can release physical releases of the Neptunia games as well as some other IP's (omega quintet)

Oh and they also sell some nice special editions.
>>
File: 1455724471140.jpg (137 KB, 605x568) Image search: [Google]
1455724471140.jpg
137 KB, 605x568
>vitacucks mad about their handheld being dead af
>>
>>330951358
Don't get your hopes up for that to be translated
>>
>>330951505
So dead they don't make games for it anym-oh wait

Well it's so dead that no longer gets games localiz-oh wait

Well um it's so dead that it's selling so poorly in Jap-oh wait
>>
>>330951192
It's SE. You know the answer.
>>
>>330951047
http://steamspy.com/app/251150
http://steamspy.com/app/282900
http://steamspy.com/app/330390

FF isn't the only JRPG to sell well on Steam, but Setsuna will be SQE's first non-FF JRPG release on the platform, so they're probably using it test the waters.
>>
File: 1457994768482.jpg (36 KB, 552x532) Image search: [Google]
1457994768482.jpg
36 KB, 552x532
>Very few people in NA own a Vita
>Vita version is digital only
And people are surprised by this?
>>
>>330952139
Kill yourself
>>
>>330952139
>Vita version is digital only

So is the PS4 version, SE must really hate this game
>>
>>330952139
Vita version might not even get localized, Square only said if there's a demand they'll also bring over the vita version. PS4 version is digital
>>
>He replied that Project Setsuna was ultimately developed with the big screen in mind, but added, "Of course, there is a large Vita market in Japan. If there is a swell of demand in North America [for the Vita version], though, we will consider it."
>Chibishit
>Developed with the big screen in mind
I am laffin right now.
>>
>>330951092
If they're trying to sell a digital only game for 60 bucks then fuck them
>>
>>330952305
It's not a matter of hate, they just feel that the game will not sell enough in NA to cover the costs of manufacturing.
Modern Square does some shitty things but this seems like a perfectly reasonable decision if they truly feel it won't sell that much.
>>
>be company like XSEED or Marvelous
>localize niche games that barely sell
>make special editions and package some extra stuff at normal retail price
>be Square Enix, well known and still sorta-respected company
>make a lot of games fans want
>"Fuck what fans want!"
>continue to localize just FF and publish shit games nobody wants to the West
>release games on multiple platforms in Japan
>limit release of said games in the West
>make shitty PC ports while ignoring the other platforms
>>
>>330952841
>make shitty PC ports while ignoring the other platforms
Hey, the PC version will surely run better than the vita version. But seriously they should get someone to patch that version of the game, it shouldn't have as much trouble as its having running this sort of game
>>
>>330952841
To be fair a smaller studio HAS to do what people want because they can't afford to potentially screw up.

A company like Square-Enix can afford to take a few blows so naturally they tend to be more focused on doing whatever it is they want.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.