[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SMASH4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: super-smash-bros-4-characters.jpg (128 KB, 736x566) Image search: [Google]
super-smash-bros-4-characters.jpg
128 KB, 736x566
What exactly makes this game so terrible?
>>
Slow and floaty
No adventure mode
Dogshit roster full of literally whos and borrowed characters that nobody wants
Poor balance
>>
>>330940148

its not melee
>>
>>330940148
I think its pretty good, easily the most fun I have had with a Smash game, then again i dont delve into the competitive side of it, I would rather play proper fighters instead.
>>
>>330940148
it's not Melee
>>
I thought this was a tourney thread anon
Don't trick me
>>
>>330940148
Its fans
>>
File: 1409012713650.png (32 KB, 1000x669) Image search: [Google]
1409012713650.png
32 KB, 1000x669
lame mostly non-existent edgeguarding

most characters have boring, predictable, repetitive combos and strings with little to no interactivity

10 frames of buffer

despite the game getting more shieldstun than Melee, neutral is still dominated by spacing safe aerials, shielding, and grabbing

no pushback on shield? wtf. every Smash game had it until now... why
>>
>>330940378
>Dogshit roster full of literally whos and borrowed characters that nobody wants
your other complains are definitely true and i agree with them, but this one is bullshit and you know it. the amount of iconic or at the very least popular characters added in smash 4 edges out the literally whos. always has. shit, melee added fucking bowser, ganondorf, mewtwo, peach and falco to balance out the faggotry of roy and mr. game & watch.
>>
>>330941397
It is truly fucking amazing how someone who is properly getting their ass handed to them turns the tide just by fucking grabbing, which sucks, because then it becomes either unfun clockwork to work around it, or you just start grabbing too.
>>
File: 1456981642963.webm (2 MB, 821x712) Image search: [Google]
1456981642963.webm
2 MB, 821x712
>>330940148
The game itself isn't terrible. It's a fun party game where a gorilla can beat down an elf with a hammer. It's the fans that people don't like. Them taking this game too seriously and promoting it as a fighting game
>>
>>330942054
literally this
>>
File: CdoPbOXXEAESdrU.jpg (63 KB, 600x749) Image search: [Google]
CdoPbOXXEAESdrU.jpg
63 KB, 600x749
My experience so far:

The game is insanely defensive. No edge guarding, shielding is so strong and always a good option. Characters are so float-y and recovering off stage is no longer a factor in competitive gameplay.

Characters are gimmicky. "Bread and Butter" combos are everywhere. Moves combo into themselves (Mario's uptilt, Shiek's forward tilt, etc).

For whatever reason some characters are incredibly gifted and others aren't. Shiek, luigi, bayonetta, etc have insane frame data and incredible speed in an otherwise slow game. Other characters are comparatively unplayable.
>>
It's boring to watch. It's just insanely fucking boring to watch. Playing it is a little better.
>>
>>330942054
"Party game" and "Fighting game" are not different things
>>
>>330942054
This, and even then it's pretty much still just the League of Legends of fighting games

post more soe
>>
grab+upair simulator
>>
Them smash/launch rates...You can die in like what, 3-4 good hits upon a fresh return to the battle
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.