[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyrule warriors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: SI_3DS_HyruleWarriorsLegends.jpg (329 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
SI_3DS_HyruleWarriorsLegends.jpg
329 KB, 1000x500
so im planning to get this but i never played a musou game before, can anyone explain me a little bit the objectives of this kind of games or how to play them?
>>
Basically:

You have a map, and several points on the map that can be captured. The goal will generally be to capture these points by defeating a large number of enemies within that point, and then possibly a boss. To compensate for the fact that there are literally hundreds of enemies attacking you at once, the AI is mostly pretty dumb, and your attacks have a huge hit radius.

In the story mode, there are also a lot of smaller objectives so its not just point capture the entire time, but the gameplay remains mostly the same. As far as playing it goes, it's not terribly deep mechanically, each character has a few weapons that give them slightly different methods of fighting and make for them visually distinct.

It's very much a modern day beat 'em up.
>>
>>330928787

thanks anon
>>
You attack some dudes, then you attack some dudes in a room until you control the room, then you attack dudes in other rooms until the boss shows up which you mostly beat by using the item you get in said stage for story mode.
>>
>>330928256
This anon did great >>330928787
and I'd just add that in general the game is more about managing the battlefield through your player controlled character's hack n slash combat than the combat itself.
>>
File: 1455299477213.jpg (66 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1455299477213.jpg
66 KB, 400x240
>>330928256
>preorder game from recently discovered store that do offers pre-orders (I thought pre-ordening games was impossible iny country)
>one week from the game release, they update the offer, somehow they got a hold of the GameSpot exclusive art book and will give it to the first buyers.
>MFW
Based +gamers store.
>>
>>330928256
doesnt this run like shit on the 3ds?
>>
>>330930392
Not on "New" 3DS, on which it runs swell.
>>
>>330930392

On the regular 3DS, yes. On the N3DS, though, every gameplay video I've seen has been great. I don't think it's 60fps, but there's no slowdown and whatever framerate its at is consistent.
>>
There's a demo for it on the 3DS store you can check out, it's pretty fun.
>>
>>330930392

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2J98CvVau4
>>
I preordered the 3ds version at Gamestop. What does it come with again?
>>
>>330932593
fps drops
>>
>>330928256
>Needing explanation for a Musou

It's one of the most braindead genres out there.

You basically just pick your favourite character, check the map, move towards whatever the map is blinking and spam the buttons to kill whatever is there and thats it.

Theres no brain functions needed, you just turn your brain off and press buttons and supposedly have fun.
>>
>>330928256
There will be enemies everywhere.

Some are more critical to kill than others so you need to pick your battles carefully or you can give yourself a hard time completing a level.

The story missions are more guided but the higher level ones will have you keeping one eye on the map at all times.

Leveling takes forever without a glitch.
>>
>>330932593
All the Wii U content EXCEPT anything under challenge mode (No Boss Battles mode / Playable Ganon), and Summoning Gate got hit with the biggest graphics nerf of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlQ7GKi6ak4
>>
>>330932712
>>330932880
I mean t like what DLC characters and such.
They took out Ganon or Gannondorf on the 3ds mode?
>>
>>330933203
Ganon. Giant porcine monster. His jew form is still playable, and even gains a new trident weapon.

All the Wii U DLC characters are in the game, all DLC weapons, the Spinner, the five new characters, and when the game releases both versions also get Medli for free.

Of course, there's going to be BRAND NEW DLC for the Legends version, so enjoy the game that never ever fucking ends.
>>
>>330933605
>both versions get Medli free
what about if I only have 1 version?
Is there any real advantage WiiU has over 3ds as far as content goes?
>>
File: images.jpg (16 KB, 444x331) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16 KB, 444x331
>>330933605
>new DLC
Are you ready to get loose?
>>
>>330933931
Yeah, having just one version is fine. She's essentially a "here's the patch, have a freebie".

Technically, the Wii U has less content. However, it comes down to what you want. The Wii U version is obviously the superior graphics version, but is essentially the "old" version. Legends takes what the Wii U has, adds on it, and rebalances it to be easier, more accessible, and portable friendly.

Ultimately, I'd say to get Legends if you want to be guaranteed the most amount of content, but ONLY if you have a New 3DS. It's pointless to try and run it on an older 3DS with the frame-rate and lack of enemies it has to offer.
>>
>>330934331
I do. I just wanted to make sure there was no reason to get both. The ONLY downside is I have to beat the campaign all over again.
>>
File: nervous.gif (904 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
nervous.gif
904 KB, 500x532
>>330934584
>tfw over 300+ hours in Wii U version
>tfw such a whore for musou games still kind of want to play Legends just because musou during my lunch breaks at work
>>
File: FOTNS Kenshiro.jpg (70 KB, 600x812) Image search: [Google]
FOTNS Kenshiro.jpg
70 KB, 600x812
>>330933605
>New DLC

Gimme Kenshiro and other FOTNS cast members(including a campaign and Adventure Mode map) dammit. I wanted more after both Ken's Rage games.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.