[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is The Phantom Pain a good enough game to buy or even pirate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: VenomSnakeSmirk.jpg (76 KB, 1061x717) Image search: [Google]
VenomSnakeSmirk.jpg
76 KB, 1061x717
Is The Phantom Pain a good enough game to buy or even pirate? I've heard it's dissapointing but it feels wrong not to play it having played every other MGS game.
>>
>>330927810
As long as you remember that Ground Zeroes is literally the peak of MGS5 and pirate Phantom Pain you should be fine.
The gameplay is good and some of the music is great but that's about it.
>>
>>330927810
I absolutely adored it.
>>
>>330927810
>picture
That twist was utter shit and you could see it from a mile away if you actually followed the game from the start, but at least the music was amazing.
https://youtu.be/mKRItdkES-M?t=2m20s
>>
>>330928613
Now do you remember? Who you are? What you were meant to do?
>>
>>330928948
I'm still waiting for the 3rd and last soundtrack album (Lost Tapes) to come out on March 30.
We have the OST, we have the Extended OST which has pretty much almost all the music that wasn't on the OST but there's still some tracks missing.
I assume they will be on the Lost Tapes soundtrack.
>>
If you go into the game think of it as a spin off game instead of the 5th mainline metal gear game you will enjoy it a lot.

Play the game for open world sneaking and neat basebuilding stuff. Don't play it for a deep sprawling story.

It's a phenomenal game, just not what you would want out of a metal gear game.
>>
i had a good time with the singleplayer.
i did not have a good time with the multiplayer.
pirate it since kojima probably isnt gonna get anything.
>>
Honestly act 1 is very fun and pretty intense. Its a vastly improved peacewalker. Gameplay is smooth as butter and the 2 areas you explore are pretty big. A lot of options for equipment. It is really fun but as much of a die-hard fan i am, act 2 falls completely apart. Save yourself the pain, nothing gets tied up very well at all... If at all.
>>
>>330932287
>save yourself the pain
anon, you are meant to suffer.
that's why we're here for....
>>
>>330927810
It's a great game if you've never played MGS before and a disappointing one if you're expecting more of what MGS has to offer.
>>
>>330927810
You may as well play it to see where you stand.
>>
>>330927810

Good gameplay, trash story

Thanks, Kojima.
>>
File: da3.jpg (188 KB, 400x403) Image search: [Google]
da3.jpg
188 KB, 400x403
>Gameplay is great.
>Story/characters won't mean anything to you, making the twist worthless
>Act 1 is fantastic
>There is no Act 2 or Act 3
>>
>>330933757
>>Act 1 is fantastic
But that's a flat out lie.
3/4 of the main missions might as well be fucking Side Ops.
>>
Gameplay is good. Problem is there is not much to do in it and it gets repetitive very fast (about after 8 to 15 hour plus minus in) It lacks bases that are structured and are challenging. You pretty much run in and run out of the base.

In the other metal gears before the bases are a bit like puzzles and mazes, here the open world design might have been too open.

I wish they would release the level building editor so the community could make mods for its shortcomings.
>>
>>330927810
Its solid, especially the ost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn7AKFy3h94
>>
Ignore the shitlords on /v/

It's a great game. Ultimately disappointing in some respects, but it's still totally worth playing.
>>
>>330927810
its the best
>>
File: Snakes.jpg (163 KB, 1497x615) Image search: [Google]
Snakes.jpg
163 KB, 1497x615
>>
>>330928613
>the music was amazing.

it fucking was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66CLefw2qOI
>>
>>330940153
I was hoping for more stuff in this vein.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7f27fXjevU
>>
File: 1457288941345.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457288941345.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>330937905

Venom was the shit.
>>
>>330937609
>>330937609
Well said, friend
>>
If you go in knowing its completely inferior to its siblings you might not feel too bad about it..
>>
It's not 10/10, but it is certainly worth playing and it's not nearly as bad as /v/ makes it out to be. The people that really venomously bash it are depressed NEET hypetards that spent years wanking over how it would be GOTYAY until the end of time. LE STANDING, etc.

IDK, maybe you'll think it sucks, but you should just play the sonbitch and form your own opinion.
>>
Shit I don't like about MGSV:

Boring side-ops. Long-ass helicopter rides. An open world that I never had reason to move across (it's easier to jump to the ACC). The use of an episodic structure that feels out of place. The grindy feeling of building motherbase (I'm not a fan of fultoning and the like). The lack of any reason to mix up your strats (i used the same assault rifle and tranq pistol the whole way through). A story that feels incomplete and somewhat threadbare. Main Ops that lack complexity. Boring boss battles. An awkwardly paced tutorial section. Contrived plot twists, even by MGS standards. A by-the-numbers multiplayer mode. Cringe-worthy levels of fan-service. Strangely inconsistent portrayals of characters. Oddly written and paced dialogue.

Shit I liked:

WE'RE THE KIDS IN AMERICA
WA OH
>>
>>330937905
>all that shit about Venom

How could one image fuck up so badly? Venom is easily worst Snake.
>>
>>330942242
And the only people who enjoy it are hyper dude bros that spammed GTAV GOTYAY for months and love Michael Bay movies. It's not even 5/10 anon.
>>
>didn't play the other games
have fun. you should totally pay for it too, you cuck
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.