[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is this game any good? Looks interesting but I dunno.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
So is this game any good? Looks interesting but I dunno.
>>
yeah it's fun, biggest problems are with blizzard mishandling the beta and the matchmaking being ass
>>
>>330924662
It's fun as fuck, but I wouldn't say it was worth the full price.

I still pre-ordered the fucking collector's edition
>>
2 0 T I C K S
T
I
C
K
S
>>
>>330925951
Not true.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/49jabt/overwatch_servers_are_60_tick/
>>
>>330924662
waifu centered shooter, no singleplayer, short burst of casuals playing it, not enough lore obsessed neckbeards to keep it going.

dead on arrival
>>
>>330926083
Blizzard responded to the 20 tick thing and didn't deny it.

So unless they have publically announced the servers are 60 tick now I wouldn't trust reddit detectives.

I'm not sure if they have or not, I stopped following the Overwatch scene a few months ago.
>>
>>330926083

Blizzard skirts the issue, unless they come out and fucking say its best to assume its low. Otherwise they'd be promoting the information as hard as they could.
>>
>>330928535

It's more of an issue with specific abilities rather than the entire game being a low tickrate. BF4 used 10-30 tickrates and you could feel it all the time, there was never a moment where you escaped it's wrath. In Overwatch hitreg feels just fine and there aren't any issues with general play, what IS a problem is stuff like Roadhog and his hook, some stuff just doesn't make sense.
>>
>>330924662
Got into the beta 2 days ago. Having fun. Most likely ordering it. Haven't noticed any wierd tick killtrades yet other then projectile weapons that are still on the way when the player that shot it died.
>>
>>330929772
At Least Dice had a reason to have low tickrate, the large server counts and vehicles are bandwidth hell on higher tick rates.

With such low player counts, games like Overwatch have no reason not to be 60+ tick.
>>
File: 1.png (227 KB, 670x215) Image search: [Google]
1.png
227 KB, 670x215
>onlywatch
>nobody even watch this shit anymore
>>
>>330930367
Why do people have to watch a game in order for it to be good? Some games are boring as shit to watch, especially one nobody understands like Overwatch.
>>
Been in the beta since November and play a decent amount. It's a good game but it's not perfect. It's a change of pace from TF2 though so that's good. Some pros and cons

Pros

>The artstyle is great. If you have a decent rig that can run ultra it feels like a CGI movie come to life
>All of the characters feel unique and interesting. Both in style and gameplay
>Tons of fun with friends
>A lot of strategic depth in hero selections. Few heroes are really hard to play, it's about forming a good team and countering your opponents
>Easy to pick up, hard to master.
>Play of the game
>Top tier waifus

Cons

>Lag compensation is really frustrating. You're going to see Roadhog's hook you when they shouldn't and other quirks
>Maps have a ton of different hallways that all lead to no where. Newer KotH maps are a lot better but the original maps have tons of dead ends or terrible paths
>Solo play is frustrating. Just like TF2 you're gonna get a ton of snipers or poor team players
>Time to kill is a little too low. Some characters can one shot a large portion of the cast.
>Balance is typical Blizzard
>Matchmaking is iffy at best but it might be fixed with more people
>Too many chokepoints lead to the game grinding to a halt at times

Overall it's a solid game. If you have friends and like Blizzard games it's a good purchase. If you don't like Blizzard's newer games or only are going to play solo I'd pass on it.

I'll answer any questions people have if they want.
>>
Blizzard is the one wants to make the overwatch a fucking E-sport, and you think its boring as shit to watch. very well.
>>
>>330931012

Supposedly Roadhog's hook has it's hit determined when it's thrown and it has nothing to do with landing the model of the hook on the target and that's why it looks so strange.

Yeah I don't really like that.
>>
>>330931080
It's boring since nobody has any idea what's happening.
>>
>>330930657
this, but it does shows interest

I usually go by player counts but eh whatever
>>
>>330931476
Uncrating loot boxes or opening packs is what brings in all the views.
>>
>>330924662

I've played Overwatch since the first wave and I'm already done with it. It is so fucking boring now. I think it will be less competitive than TF2. But Blizzard is going to force tournaments for it anyways. The game will slowly drive you crazy since every team needs exactly support/tank/dps and you can't play what you enjoy all the time.
>>
dead on arrival
>>
File: Mei.png (1 MB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
Mei.png
1 MB, 1024x1448
>>330925951
20 THICK RATE

T
H
I
C
K

R
A
T
E
>>
Let's not kid ourselves here. This is going to sell extremely well, probably get good reviews. But you know what after the hype dies down its going to end up like a ghost town. The game is just not that fun overall and gets boring fast.
>>
File: AW SHIT.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AW SHIT.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>330924662
WAITING FOR THE OPEN BETA NEXT MONTH ON THE 9TH

THANK YOU JESUS
>>
>>330929772
As someone that loves Tracer and Hanzo, I feel the 20tick almost every single game, usually multiple times per game.

However, that's probably the only thing I really dislike about this game. Everything else is great and hella fun, could use a couple more maps tho.
>>
>>330932107
This. Just stick with CS:GO and TF2.
>>
>>330932107

It bored me after watching a few webms, the only goos thing is that guru robot and widowmaker's jiggly butt.
>>
>>330926083
>linking to reddit

Not surprised everyone excited for Overshill is a redditor who's gonna vote for sanders
>>
>>330931319
No, people dont care about it anymore because them cant play it, and they have seen everything about this game already. And this is what kills the hype.
>>
I played during the stress test and while it was fun enough, it had its share of annoying shit like net code. On another note spectating a game is hell, both confusing and boring.
>>
>>330932662
Well yeah. But it's a beta test, not an open beta. It wasn't an early access thing.
>>
Collector's edition is some dumb shit for $20 extra, $40 isn't a bad price tag for what it is. Most multiplayer-only/centric shooters released lately have been full price

>>330932107
>>330932325
>>330932351
>>>/notin/

Try playing the game before you comment on how fun it is.

im sorry but the guru bot is probably the least satisfying character to play imo, but ive seen some people wreck shit with him

>>330932662
fucking this. Having such a long closed beta just gives people more time to make up their minds based off of videos alone.

>>330932809
True, but they should've kept it more on the dl and forget the streamers.
>>
>>330932887
>True, but they should've kept it more on the dl and forget the streamers.
There are people who got invites that aren't streamers. Even if it was on the dl people would have still hyped it because it's a highly anticipated game. Remember when KF2 had closed beta tests and people were begging TW for invites?
>>
As a newly added bonus, if you pre-purchase or preorder Overwatch for any platform at www.buyoverwatch.com, you'll also get early access to the Open Beta for you and a friend from May 3–4. After that, everyone will have a chance to play free during an all-access Open Beta period from May 5–9.

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/blog/20055970
>>
>>330933078
Not even all the notable streamers managed to get in. Sodapoppin and Kaceytron didn't score an invite, from memory.
>>
>>330933078
I actually don't, I didn't get into KF until a month or so before EA for KF2. However, that's a sequel to a highly acclaimed game.

Yeah I know people who werent streamers got the initial invites (me being one of them) but theyre few and far between.
>>
>>330933165

Thanks blizzard employee :)
>>
>>330933165
Fuck I was about to call shill until I realized that was a quote from the page. Glad they're doing some sort of open beta eventually, but still too far away IMO.

ignore the shitposters, just do your duty and hide.
>>
looks pretty fun I'll probably get it on ps4
>>
File: 1450861242640.jpg (4 MB, 3062x2895) Image search: [Google]
1450861242640.jpg
4 MB, 3062x2895
>>330933275
>>
>>330933165
I'll probably just wait for the open beta instead of paying to play early
>>
>>330933354
bruhhh what if they add headtracking support
id puke every time id play tracer holy shit thats actually a bad idea
>>
Played the beta. It's a less fun version of tf2 with less inspired maps.
>>
>>330924662
It's fairly fun, but not something that you'll like to play extensively.
Blizzard is out of their fucking minds if they think this shit is going to be an e-sport.
>>
>>330931638
I will honestly never understand this. Do people just keep it on as background noise while they do something else or do they actually watch these people open up crates?
>>
>>330933571
No clue. Maybe it's the excitement of gambling without the risk.
>>
>Had fun on the weekend beta
>Get /in/ finally
>Still tons of fun
>Fun quickly goes downhill due to no friends to play with and constantly matched against stacks

Gameplay wise the only negative in my opinion is how easy it is to lose a map off a single lost skirmish. You can lose two people then have that snowball into a loss in less than 2 minutes due to how small the maps are and how quick the points cap.
>>
>>330933571
It's basically the same as someone putting on a random channel on the TV for background noise. Most people don't actually watch the stream intently
>>
>>330933764
>no friends to play with and constantly matched against stacks
Welcome to Blizzard small-team multiplayer. They don't see how contradictory it is when they go, "We want you to play on your own but also with a full group of friends!"
>>
>>330932887

Pay 40 bucks for something that bores me already before playing it? No way. I made the same mistake with Avatar, I knew it was boring but everyone was so hyped about it.
>>
>>330934170

Well if you're a streamer or "pro" then all your friends got in, I frequently play against 5-6 man streamer stacks and it's almost never fun. It's not because their skill level is beyond mine but rather that people on my team are braindead and prone to ragequitting.

I mean I have about a dozen friends dying to play the game but Blizzard doesn't care. I also have more than a few who gave up caring about the game due to the long wait.
>>
>>330934241
The Plat game?

Also, there's an open beta in May. Read the thread bby also refunds exist
>>
>>330934418
Yup, exactly. The same shit happened with HotS.
>>
File: 1443626122872.jpg (203 KB, 381x424) Image search: [Google]
1443626122872.jpg
203 KB, 381x424
>>330924662
It's ok, just decent right now.

But, dont worry, Blizzard will fuck it up, somehow. They always manage to fuck the simplest things up.

I'm looking forward to release, but I know its going to go downhill, fast.
>>
>>330933764
This shit sounds like heroes of the storm, and man, that game is a gigantic FAIL.
>>
>>330932139
wat game?
>>
>>330934872
For a gigantic fail, it gets a lot of updates.
>>
>>330935149
Evolve is still getting patches. They just finished up the last bit of DLC too I think. That's a game with no more than 400 concurrent players ever, is it not a gigantic failure?
>>
>>330935304
People probably play Evolve more on consoles. Diablo 2 just recently got an update with WC3.
>>
>>330935406
I mean even 3k on consoles total is 2-year-old-installment-of-cod-tier low
>>
>>330935818
Still, it isn't even a fair comparison. There are a handful of ASSFAGGOT failures like Infinite Crisis and Dawngate that HotS has managed to outperform.
Even if it isn't the top two, that doesn't make it a failure.
If being underwhelming makes something a failure, SFV is a pretty recent one.
>>
>>330936283
wasnt the original anon, just trying to play doubles advocate here >>330935304
>>330935818
I do agree that HotS is definitely not a failure, but receiving steady updates doesn't automatically mean it isn't one. You know how it is here, people blow shit out of proportion all the time and everyone here wants to see the next TORtanic.
>>
Just got my refund from collectors edition.
I mean fuck, 1 or 2 maybe 3 months closed beta is ok, but 7 fucking months F2P for those streamers and their friends; and people who actually bought this game get 4 fucking days early access for a open beta.
I can't accept this.
>>
>>330932064
She's a big girl.
>>
>>330924662
>Spell-centric shooter

lol ok.
>>
You guys have no idea how much Blizzard fucked up with the beta.

You're successfully promoting and generating hype for this game just to end releasing a clossed beta that contains most of the game.

At this point I'm not sure if they'll be able to fully recover
>>
>>330933671
it is exactly this

every time a new expansion to Hearthstone comes out I have great fun watching one of the big streamers open 300 packs of cards, and I don't even play the game
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.