[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck Riot.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2
File: damn it riot.png (531 KB, 1255x684) Image search: [Google]
damn it riot.png
531 KB, 1255x684
What the fuck Riot.
>>
>>330922450
looks like they want the autismo collectors audience, luckily they were smart enough to add the rating requirement and limit per month or we'd have the afkfest that hit tf2 and dota2
>>
It's free skins and other cool shit,what are you complaining about
>>
>>330922450
Oh don't act so surprised. You knew they'd do some crate shit like this eventually in some form or another. Remember what game you're playing and the company that runs it.
>>
Free shit. It's dumb but its, at worst, beneficial dumb.
>>
>>330922450
Literally free skins and shit. The fuck you don't like? Even if it's a couple skins a year still more than before that.
>>
>implement a system that rewards players for WINNiNG the game and doing well
>get free skins and shit
>le riot is bad wtf is this
>>
>>330923193
Can't speak for tf2 but there really isn't an afkfest in dota
>>
Do you guys think this doesn't have some kind of ulterior motive behind it?!
>>
>>330922450

>look up riot games
>it's some mobashit clone

did you seriously expect anything good
>>
They literally stole this from vainglory. The phone moba. Hilarious.
>>
>>330924065
What do you mean? They're not some big shadowy umbrella corp. It'll get more RP sales. That's all the motive there is,
>>
They eventually saw the dota 2 money. Compared to how smaller dota 2 is yet how much money it does in its own scale
Baiting whales with "free" shit
>>
>>330922450
>Upgrade Shards into unlocked content, redeem them for a trial period, or re-roll them into other loot.

So is the unlocked stuff temporary?
>>
woah woah woah.

You don't get cosmetics, you get SHARDS. Which then, if you get a miracle and get all the shards for a given thing, you get a TRIAL for?

I'm either misunderstanding or this is the biggest pile of shit since energy bars.
>>
>>330924608
If you do it for a trial. If you unlock them with "essence" it's permanent.
>>
>>330924620
You get a shard which you can then either upgrade using essence to unlock it permanently, or you can activate it immediately for a 7 day trial.
At least thats how the items given through the first chest works.
>>
>>330924184
>he doesn't know the most played game in the world
>>
>>330924620
You're wrong, it's permanent if you get all the pieces. If you redeem it before getting all the pieces you get it temp.

Fucking idiot.
>>
>already forged a key today
You kids are bad, it rewards you for winning
>>
>>330924620
You're misunderstanding. You can use a shard to get a 7 day trial, or you can put a new currency (which you get by breaking down literally any other crafting item) into it to make it permanent. Duplicate shards are just vendor/breakdown fodder.

>>330924958
Stop making shit up because you like drama.
>>
>>330924889
>>330925030
thanks anons, now I know. And turns out it's not as biggest pile of shit as I thought.

>>330924958
suck a dick
>>
>>330924958
>he admits to maybe misunderstanding it
>you still call him a 'fucking idiot'

You're a fucking faggot, kid. Keep playing League of Legends.
>>
File: 1363279344858.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1363279344858.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>>330924998
>tfw have a chest but only two key fragments
Fuck, I just want to know what's in it.
>>
>>330924065
>gives you free skins, which is where Riot makes a lot of its money
someone call the gaming police
>>
>only one chest per Champion per season
>4 chests per month x 12 months = max of 96 chests per season
>there are over 100 champs

Rito y u do this? Y u want to force me to play 96 different champs?
>>
>>330924065
>company wants to make money
Literally worse than hitler

Oh wait, you were just bait.
>>
>>330925318
What's the origin of that gif? I never managed to find out.
>>
>>330922450
>playing ASSFAGGOTS
Kill yourself.
>>
>>330925730
6 7 M I L L I O N
>>
>>330922450
>Playing LoL
>2016
Shiggy.
>>
>>330922450
Maybe they should try making a good game first.
Are there still broken UI options that aren't affected by turning them on or off? 7 YEARS LATER
>>
>autistic people getting mad about customization

I remember days when your armor and weapon models didn't change when you swapped weapons. Fuck these spoiled kids, they will whine about literally anything.
>>
They way I see it, it doesn't affect people who already play a lot and don't buy anything. People who only play a little will be tempted to play more to get free stuff like this anon
>>330925318

However people who are easily tempted into buying stuff will probably waste a lot of money on this so they can buy keys and chests. There's nothing too scummy about this but it is another skinner box system added onto the game when they already had an IP grind for champions and runes, and an XP grind for the first couple months or so. I guess that's why they just reduced the XP needed to level by half.
>>
>>330922450
>it took 1000 riot employees 3 years to copy something that probably took 2 guys at valve to implement

Jesus christ. Talk about an inefficiently run company
>>
>>330922450
>DotaLite
>>
>>330926708
I hate to be "that guy" but I honestly have to side with Riot on this one. The code of the game is such a fucking mess I can see why something like this took so long to implement. Shit probably crashed the game in a million ways or caused some bullshit like one champ to be invulnerable if he is facing north or something.
>>
>>330927782

But the fact that the code is a mess is completely riots fault. Remember when they changed the game to start 15 seconds earlier, and then suddenly a bunch of items / spells / passives which used to start when the game started were delayed by 15 seconds?

Fucking how riot.
>>
>>330924024
I only saw some when playing on australian servers and all random. They have a bot almost every game.
>>
>>330928365
I wanna know how this was not found during testing.
>>
>>330930859
Probably because their testers are about as competent as their coders.
>>
>>330931430
>Probably because their testers are about as competent as their coders.
Fucking this, most of the PBE players are just streamers that use it as a method to deliver wanted content to their viewers, usually with shitty stream titles like, "NEW CHAMP IS OP" "PLAYING NEW CHAMP ON PBE" "NEW CHAMP CAN JUNGLE????"

The worst part is that the PBE is invite-only and probably less than half of people that would actually test shit don't have access.
>>
I got Championship Thresh for free, and have already gotten a key shard and crate. I'm happy.
>>
>only one per champion per season
So you can only get one shard/drop per champion per season?

This system seems overly complicated. Glad I jumped ship years ago. Getting mad over this only proves that you're cancer.
>>
>>330931754
>I got Championship Thresh for free
lol theyre giving away vault skins? i bet that'll piss people off
>>
I got fucking unmasked Kayle. What a load of shit.
>>
>>330932716
Worst splash but 2nd best skin
leona is better anyway. cuter, stronger, and doesnt have a man voice
>>
>>330931672
You've clearly never read the PBE forums. The players report tons of shit that Riot doesn't bother fixing for several patches after it's been released on live.
>>
daily reminder that SMITE has a better monetization model
>>
>>330931672
I got into PBE a year after I quit the game. Literally hadn't logged in ever since then. They're fucking retarded when it comes to handing that shit out.
>>
>>330932083
>This system seems overly complicated
Was my first thought, but considering how jewish Riot is, it's not surprising. You don't even get the loot permanently, you have to "upgrade" it with a currency you get from discarding other loots.
>>
>>330934795
Okay so let me get this straight
>keys are the abundant thing now instead of crates
>not sure what this ranking system is but you can only get 4 crates per month and only one crate per champion per year
>crates contain shards of purchasable items, can be redeemed for trial period
>combine shards of the same type to get a permaunlock

holy shit that was painful to type
>>
>>330935020
oh and also
>solo players literally can never earn crates
TOP FUCKING KEK
ITS LIKE RIOT IS TRYING TO RUIN EVERYONE'S FRIENDSHIPS
>>
>>330925318
>when yo homie rolls perfect stats on his half-ogre
>>
>>330935202

Not quite right. You need to get an S ranking on your champion mastery at the end of the game to get your crate for that champion. However, if anyone in your party gets an S rating, you all get a crate (Not sure which champion it'll count you got the crate on, I'd assume its the one you were playing not the one your friend was playing).

Which I think is bullshit. I really hate how riot is slowly introducing more incentives to party up with people, since it implicitly punishes those who are actually playing solo. Bonus party rewards, Dynamic queue, now this.
>>
>>330935020
So I guess burden of knowledge doesn't apply when RP is involved,, huh?
>>
>>330935202
>solo players literally can never earn crates
tfw no friends
>>
>>330932380
Yeah all skins even legacy skins are up for grabs. Well maybe not all not sure of the old old ones like king rammus, ufo corki, and older skins.
>>
>>330936861
Does every skin have the same chance of dropping? (I'm guessing not)
>>
guess its time to play some league again if they're doing this shit
>>
>limited time unlocks

garabbagage
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.