[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I play WoW /v/? I'm looking for a good MMO and though
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: wow.jpg (95 KB, 715x1024) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
95 KB, 715x1024
Should I play WoW /v/? I'm looking for a good MMO and though I like SW:TOR the endgame is lacking. Do you guys recommend starting now?
>>
>>330918106
you're literally 10 years late to the party

only good WoW was back in vanilla which was 2005-2007
>>
>>330918106
Play nostalrius and you'll be good
>>
>>330918172
dont worry. this is a pathetic bait thread because op didnt find a current wow thread where he could bitch about current wow and reminisce about old wow just like every other 10 god dam threads every day for the past several fucking years.
>>
>>330918172
this

OP if you have to try it, go play a starter account (up to 20). if you like it then something might be wrong with you
>>
>>330918367
No, I genuinely want to know if it's worth my time.
>>330918396
O-okay then. I just want a good MMO with raids.
>>
File: 1456545966984.png (461 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1456545966984.png
461 KB, 540x540
Coming from someone that's been playing this shit for way too long. The best part of WoW atm is the raiding, and I mean the hardest possible version of the raiding.

The questing is shallow as fuck and has basically been made something you can skip by like 4 different means. The story is butchered to hell, there's almost no depths in any part of the game anymore outside of like challenge modes and mythic raiding. If you can look past how shallow of an mmo it is, then i'd recommend it.
But if I wasn't in a raid group with all my RL friends who i'm lucky are extremely competent I probably would have quit a while ago, so take this all with a grain of salt.
>>
Don't listen to generic meme blizzard hate. If you want quality content to do WoW's the way to go. Do be ready though endgame stuff is a lot tougher than TOR's or any other MMO's stuff as a result you might not wanna make a character in a low population server. Bitches here will complain about how they had nothing to do but none of them beat Mythic Blackhand forget Mythic HFC.
>>
>>330918106
Raiding is the only good thing currently

>>330918172
>>330918312
>>330918396
>nostalgiafags

fuck off retards
>>
>>330918597
>Raiding is the only good thing currently
>nostalgia means you're wrong

get a load of this dipshit
>>
>>330918461
wow has a huge up front cost because of all the expansions. but you might find you like it since you've never played. the raid content themselves are unparalleled amongst mmos. Since you've never experienced the glory days you won't know any better so you might like it. I'd say give it a shot.
>>
>>330918461
ye it has a good raid community depending on server. I suggest you research server population spread on realmpop before choosing

also what >>330918493 said
>>
>>330918106
Why you want to play WoW when FFXI and FFXIV exist?
>>
>>330918106
As someone who was equally late to the party and started a little before WoD came out it's sure as fuck nothing too special, but it is fun imo and if you find a class you enjoy you can really sink a lot of hours into the game.
Just make sure you find a guild or someone to play the game with because setting up dungeons with randoms can be tiresome and boring.
>>
>>330918493
>>330918573
>>330918597
>>330918670
>>330918675
>>330918729
Thanks for the input, anons. I might just try it, I mean I don't see any good alternatives to that gameplay style. Maybe I'll enjoy it.
>>
>>330918597
>liking WoD
>>
>>330918106
The RP use to be good, now it's all slut elves and god mods.
>>
Play Nost, it's fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUAI6ABS3-U
>>
>>330918758
it takes time to get into it. learning to get good takes a bit if you are going from scratch. also takes a while to find a class you like. try not to judge a class till you've leveled up to 40-60. trying to decide between a class at lvl 15 is like trying to decide which baby you like best, they both just look like babies and haven't grown up.

icy-veins com is your goto for all info on getting good.
>>
>>330918597
>thinking raiding is the only good thing left in WoW
>then immediately bashing nostalgiafags

Cognitive dissonance, folks.
>>
>>330918106
Play RuneScape
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.