[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumbest Microtransaction Purchase You've Ever Made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: kol.jpg (98 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
kol.jpg
98 KB, 800x600
What's the stupidest thing you've ever spent money on in a game?

For me it's Jarlsberg's Pan in Kingdom of Loathing.
>>
File: 1387586959459.jpg (113 KB, 411x392) Image search: [Google]
1387586959459.jpg
113 KB, 411x392
>>330913435
I bought the $240 dollar Clan package on MWO.
>>
I spent $100 on gpotatos or some shit in flyff. First and last time I ever spent money on microtransaction shit.
>>
Not micro, but I bought the US version of dead space 2 special ed (britfag)
then months later forgot and bought the UK DLC
>incompatible
felt pretty stupid
>>
File: IMG_20160228_155529.jpg (60 KB, 366x378) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160228_155529.jpg
60 KB, 366x378
>>330913435
Clover DLC on Payday 2, luckily the only DLC i bought in that shitfest of a game
just for the L85A2, but i actually ended liking her quotes
>>
>>330913435
Fire Emblem Awakening's vacation pack DLC
But, to this day, I still believe Pokèmon Y was the worst game I ever bought
>>
I must've spent $100 in LittleBigPlanet costumes. Until LBP Vita came along, I owned every piece of DLC there was for it.
>>
>>330913636
Do you realise that a falcon and a falconer's glove go for about that sum, right? You could have had a squeaky falcon friend. You ruined it.
>>
>>330914638
I think you need a license in New York.
>>
>>330914734
That's another 800ish, then. Still, close enough given the sum for MWO.
>>
>>330913435
>kingdom of loathing
I spent $200 on that game using my mom's credit card. I was a dumbass 14 year old. My parents made me work for the neighbor's hobby shop all summer that year and kept all the money I earned, I was so pissed at the time but I think it successfully steered me away from ever falling for microtransactions again
>>
i probably spent over $300 on nx in maplestory, i feel immense regret
>>
>>330915216
God, the worst part about Maplestory things, I don't know if this is still true today or not, but it used to be that you were renting your cosmetic shit. You didn't get to keep those janky ass angel wings forever.
>>
>>330913435

jesus, is this shit still around?
>>
>>330915379
It makes more money a day than its server costs + a nice cushy bay life job would, so I doubt it'll ever disappear. If I were Jick and pals, I'd fucking love running that shit.
>>
hearthstone cards
>>
MegaMan.EXE and Geno costumes in Smash.

Dumb dumb dumb. Vote with your dollar. Yeah. As if. Nobody is even going to play them and enjoy it.
>>
>>330915345
it's still the same. rarely, there are limited time permanent cosmetics, but otherwise they still disappear after 3 months
>>
>>330915076
I did the same thing senpai. I don't even know why.
>>
>>330915460
Pretty sure they actually had to let one of the guys go because they weren't makin' dosh like they used to.
>>
>>330913435
I bought all of the costume packs for UMVC3 separately
>>
I bought the fucking horse armour.

I was drunk as fuck and thought by buying the horse armour I was going to show my friends how wrong they were about micro transactions.

Mistakes were made.
>>
>>330913435
Is KoL still a thing? It must've been 8 years or so since I've played
>>
>>330916315
No its not. Nx is permanent now. Has been for 5 years.
>>
>>330915345
>>330915345
>>330916315
I must've spent a grand or so over several years on MapleStory shit and I regret it

For a very long time you could by any piece of clothing for 90 days or pay twice the original cost and get the permanent version instead, but they changed that and now they only do periodic sales of permanent equips, or they'll release a new piece of cosmetic wear and have the option to buy it perm for the first week or so, or you'll buy a random reward box for NX and have a chance of getting permanent equipment from it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.