[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
This game is "near completion" according to the last interview and we still know hardly anything about it.

This game has been in development for 5 years now including prepro.

Have Nintendo ever been this tight-lipped about a game before? I can't recall anything they've been this conservative about.

There are 4 possibilities as to why this game has been kept under wraps:

>They are launching it for the NX and Wii U simultaneously, but the primary footage is for the NX so they can't show it off until the NX reveal

>If it is for the NX they don't want people buying Wii Us specifically for Zelda so they try and hype the Wii U with other games so buyers feel less burned

>The game has a slew of problems and they can't get it to look how they want it to so they're having to cut content and adjust the scope of the project

>They have something truly remarkable on their hands and they know it so they want to keep it under wraps until they're ready to use it for a big push at E3
>>
>shit stretched textures
> grass pop-ins from 5 feet
>awful LOD everywhere
> Wii U on dying breath.

upgraded NX version that actually runs decent guaranteed.
>>
Who even gives a shit about the new Zelda nowadays. They can't even design dungeons and puzzles right anymore. Plus Link's design looks like a fucking canadian cartoon.
>>
>>330908416
This game looks like ass in this image. I hope it doesn't stay that way.
>>
>>330908416
For the millionth time, a home console component of the NX isn't releasing this year.
>>
>>330909157
I bet you think Twilight Princess is a good game
>>
>>330909386
This is your personal assumption, not a fact.
>>
>>330910251
they gave out the first devkits to high profile devs like last november
>>
>>330909157
ALBW would like a word with you.
>>
>>330908982
When did they show gameplay?
>>
They save it for NX launch like they did with TP.
That is all.
>>
>>330908416
It's definitely not the 4th one. My guess is the 3rd.
>>
>>330910447
And you know jack shit what was sent out, if anything.
>>
>>330910447
That we know of, they could launch a successful console with Zelda and Mario along with Retro's game and the Squeenix games they accidentally confirmed and redacted JUST fine. If you think that's not enough for a good launch you're an idiot.
>>
File: Jeopardy2.jpg (13 KB, 311x180) Image search: [Google]
Jeopardy2.jpg
13 KB, 311x180
You're forgetting option number 5 Simon.

>The game is launching for Wii U and 3DS simultaneously; with the 3DS version launching November 21st and the Wii U early next year.
>>
>>330912508
>Wii U games coming next year

That's a funny joke.
>>
>>330908416
needs more bloom
>>
>>330908416
They've been this tight lipped more often than not actually. It was only starting with the Wii that they got loose lips. I remember how incredibly controlled release info was for even SM Sunshine, much less OoT, MM and SM64. And no, it has nothing to do with how expansive the internet has gotten.

My guess is it's coming around November, dual Wii U and NX launch and they just want to focus on things like Star Fox and PM for now.

Hell look at PM. That's coming this year and we just saw the first images like a week ago. Zelda is high profile but that's actually a reason to be quieter.
>>
>>330908416
Unfortunately, smart money is on number 3
>>
>>330908416
From yesterday

The first of many pieces of text and documents for the latest installment(s) in The Legend of Zelda (TLOZ) series have been sent to Richmond. The following information has been passed on to 3 press "insiders", and a number of my co-workers have also passed information on, so expect to see it in the next week or so once they go through their whole verification process.

>NCL sent over 2 large documents for localisation, a master file, and a collection of smaller text documents for 2 TLOZ this morning
>First inspection shows that the 2 share largely a lot of the same text, especially at the beginning, but that the second document is much larger
>A lot of text appears in the first document, but not the second, and vice versa
>NPCs and destinations appear to be the same, although dialogue is wildly different at times
>This points at both Zelda games being linked, although it's not stated in the master file which system, we're assuming one is WiiU and one is NX
>My team has only been given a small amount of data to work through, but it seems as though both games take place in the same version of Hyrule, just with differing dialogue
>The larger document appears to be for either the NX version, a "complete" version, or some kind of alternative version of the game
>Character names so far include Impa, Malon, Talon, Miron, Groose, Gyree, Gylee (present in the larger document only), Gaepora (present in the smaller document only), Fletch and Lanre
>The tag "amiibo" is tied to various sign posts, there's no function given other than "Place your amiibo on"
>The opening crawl appears to make reference to the "Imprisoning War"
>We've been given 3 weeks to tackle this document, next update is expected by 4/3/16
>NoE were allegedly CC'd in to the delivery, although I didn't see for myself so I can't comment on if they're helping
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.