[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Jeremy Soule the best composer video games have? He is singlehandedly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (382 KB, 933x227) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
382 KB, 933x227
Is Jeremy Soule the best composer video games have? He is singlehandedly responsible for video game soundtracks being taken seriously as art.
>>
No one?
>>
>>330903161

are you the same guy who made the soule fight threads the past week?
>>
>>330903161
His last good ost was from 1997 and that was even a collab with his brother.

His quality goes way up on non-vidya projects, and some of his best melodies are only 24 seconds long and often reprised on any given remarkable piece.

i don't want to believe it, but this is what happens when he thinks he is giacchino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klfTQvqHe3s&list=PLhNoZw3TIHA8RzgUlg4gkWsHr6h2n7WdI&index=2
>>
>>330906272
Jeremy Soule didn't make that soundtrack you tard.
>>
>>330903161
Soule is good, O'Donnell and Salvatori are better.
>>
>>330903161
>>330903736
This thread is bad and you should feel bad.
>>330905051
have you ever read or even noticed any soule-fellating threads before?
The likelyhood that this is the same fucking autist again and again is tremendous.
And I mean autist in the medical sense.
>>
>>330903161
he's up there with O'Donnell
>>
>oblivion
>skyrim
I played those games for hours and don't even remember then having music. some composer.
>>
>generic ambience and subdued orchestra
Why did this become standard for soundtracks of big-name Western videogames?
>>
>>330907321
>and don't even remember then having music
Probably because you're a music pleb.
>>
>>330903161
>5 years since I ordered skyrim soundtrack
>no sign of it
fuck him
>>
File: 4c1.png (135 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
4c1.png
135 KB, 300x300
>not Mick Gordon
>>
>>330908006
no I don't mean that none of the tracks were memorable, I literally don't remember the games having music.
>>
>>330907756

since the games were capable of it. thank hollywood son
>>
>>330903161
The actual music in those games suck aside from like 1-2 tracks per game. When listening to them all of them sound very generic and unrecognizeable aside from the main theme.

From Secret of Evermore to Skyrim nearly all of that guys compositions are extremely bland, especially when compared to Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Shimomura or someone else with recognizeable and melodic music.
>>
I'm gonna go relearn call of magic on my guitar now thanks OP
>>
>>330903161
>im a faggot
yes you are
>>
>not Nobuo Uematsu
>>
>>330903161
Jeremy Soule, Simon Viklund, Jesper Kyd, Nobuo Uematsu (at least his ps1-ps2 era works), Michael McCann, Frank Klepacki are all god tier composers
>>
Matt Uelman.

Also, the guy who made the music for Cool Spot and Advent rising
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.